More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:09:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release  (Read 183372 times)
martinvictor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
« Reply #150 on: 2009 May 26, 23:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm new here Smiley
I have a question, does the razor version has more resolutions to choose???
the reloaded one only had 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1360 x 768... my monitor is 1280 x 720, widescreen, so I couldn' play it properly with reloaded's version
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 May 26, 23:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My reloaded had my 1680/1050 resolution.
martinvictor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 May 26, 23:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe it's my video card that isn't recognized correctly by the game Sad
I have an ATI 4830  Huh
Deadclown
Asinine Airhead

RESIDENT PSYCHO

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 May 26, 23:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I tried the RZR install with the reloaded exe file and it seems to work fine. My processor temp goes up to 143.6 F I started playing with that EVGA Precision app and turned the fan up to max and played with the core clock. But because my PSU fan seems to be not working I didn't try playing for too long. I picked up a cheathappens trainer and I'm going to check it against the version I'm supposed to be running. If all of the options work then my version is fine.

I JUST tried that "patch" and it worked!!!!!

The doc fixed your arteries! That's ka-blamo!
your mouthwash is gargly! That's ka-blamo!
your water is watery! That's ka-blamo!
I majored in pottery! NOT KABLAMO.
MacJake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 May 26, 23:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a torrent just arrived at the Bay that claims to be a patch that'll upgrade the Reloaded version to the Razor version.
Included new files from + crack fix from RAZOR 911. update any game to version 1.0.631.00002(like razor says this is retail game)

It's about 711mb. Is this even possible?
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 May 26, 23:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone have an alternate link for the patch?
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 May 26, 23:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Resolution, I have been able to get my NVIDIA/Dell monitor config into 1900X1200 widescreen under both Reloaded and Razor.

Razor continues to not crash on me, whereas Reloaded would occasionally cause system freezes.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 May 26, 23:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Resolution, I have been able to get my NVIDIA/Dell monitor config into 1900X1200 widescreen under both Reloaded and Razor.

Razor continues to not crash on me, whereas Reloaded would occasionally cause system freezes.

It haven't crashed for me, yet lol

Are there improvements in the Razor release, like the time passing correctly and such?

Nothing to see here.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 May 27, 01:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm off for the second day of Seeing If The Razor Version Crashes My Otherwise Stable Machine Like Reloaded Did. Will report back.
I installed this last night, after uninstalling, RLD release... and normally after 30mins or more of RLD it would have crashed. i played for 6 hrs, not one crash, and no Error: 13 when saving either, I then let it run all night, apart from the dickhead sim not paying the bills, and waking up to a house with half my shit missing, no crashes! w00t!
And I also installed one of the pacthes that seemed to work too, but I then had to repleace the EXE with the crackfix one.

I would say this is just junk. this should be over 4gb if its including both the game, crackfix and update.

Are there improvements in the Razor release, like the time passing correctly and such?
EAxis couldnt get this shit right in TS2, i doubt they would get this fixed in the first patch of TS3, but I have noticed that there isn't as much B.S. as what went on in RLD release.

Smile.
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 May 27, 01:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I initially had the Reloaded version. I downloaded the Razor version and installed it, upgrading from one version to the other. I tried to apply the patch and it barfed, complaining that my game was the wrong region. Today at work, I thought maybe I had an unholy hybrid situation from the "upgrade" process. So I uninstalled the game and installed a "pure" Razor version. It patched fine. Both version have been stable on my computer.

Some people here seem unfamiliar with torrents. They almost always initially report a very long download time. It's primarily a function of how many peers are available. I find that anything over about a dozen seeders available gives a nice quick download. But it takes my client a little while to recognize them all. Let a torrent download for a half hour or so before you give up on it for taking too long.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 May 27, 01:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best bet is to stick to a valid source for torrents, I;m with a few Private sites, and always getting max downloads from them, and there is never any dodgy stuff put on there, like you find on isohunt and piratebay, all the scene release go to private, and the free ones, sometimes you will find proper stuff there, but most of the time, all i have found is junk! Demoniod isn't a bad free site, you still have to be weary though.

Smile.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 May 27, 04:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe it's my video card that isn't recognized correctly by the game Sad
I have an ATI 4830  Huh

Must be that card. My Ati 4870 card and reloaded copy has a max resolution at 1600x1200. Not that it can actually use those settings. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. A lot of people, including myself, had graphics issues with the higher resolutions. Your card may not even be able to handle higher settings.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
griz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 May 27, 04:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a torrent just arrived at the Bay that claims to be a patch that'll upgrade the Reloaded version to the Razor version.
Included new files from + crack fix from RAZOR 911. update any game to version 1.0.631.00002(like razor says this is retail game)

sure, just install both versions and use a patch maker.

but it seems like it should be much smaller since there weren't really any major changes. maybe they just used a crappy patcher.
tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 May 27, 08:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem - installed the razor release over the reloaded release, and it updated, but every patch file said it was the wrong region.  I had to uninstall the reloaded and install the razor version "clean" and it patched after that.

The game does seem to play without the crashes I was experiencing with the reloaded version; I haven't seen whether the time passes any differently.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 May 27, 09:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I recently uninstalled my RLD version and installed the new RZR version but when I apply the patch, it doesn't want to work... am I doing something wrong?  Huh
« Last Edit: 2009 May 27, 09:50:08 by Erry » Logged

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 May 27, 09:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I recently uninstalled my RLD version and installed the new RZR version but when I apply the patch, it doesn't want to work... am I doing something wrong?  Huh
What patch are you using?

Have a look here... http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15043.msg432855.html#msg432855
And then a few posts up from that are the links. See how you go...

Smile.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 May 27, 10:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a difference between the censor blur on both versions, does one cover more or less area than another?  The reason I ask is because someone posted a link to a screenshot of someone in a shower and the blur only covered a small area, unless that small blur is just for the shower.

Link to screen
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3/images/0/10/?full_size=1
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 May 27, 10:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What patch are you using?

Have a look here... http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15043.msg432855.html#msg432855
And then a few posts up from that are the links. See how you go...
SHIT I downloaded the digital download one, but I have the physical CD one for RZR... anyone have it? Since EA yanked off the patches.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 May 27, 10:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SHIT I downloaded the digital download one, but I have the physical CD one for RZR... anyone have it? Since EA yanked off the patches.
Have a look a page or 2 back in this forum, there is 2 links to the patches for RZR release, on a mediafile share or something i believe... Id paste it for you, but im just running out for dinner, and had enough time to type all this... Good luck. If you still cant find it... Post back and some one or ill find it for you when I get back.

Smile.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 May 27, 10:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the only links there are to the official patch and to the .xml thingy... so can anyone mind helping? Pwetty pwease?  Smiley

I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 May 27, 10:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, after playing the RLD version for a while and not coming across any bugs or anything drastic, I decided to download the RZR version to see what the difference was.

I can honestly say I can't find anything different, but due to the fact that I couldn't find much wrong in the reigon of bugs with the RLD version, then I think it's just because I'm less observant than others.

I must point out though, that there doesn't seem to be ANY difference with the speed between the versions that I have found, both are painfully slow.

Watching my sims sleep isn't my idea of fun.

Erry: No idea if this works as im not able to download it/test it, but heres a link: http://rapidshare.com/files/237479873/Sims3_1.0.632.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe

[EDITED for missing out words!]
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 May 27, 11:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a difference between the censor blur on both versions, does one cover more or less area than another?  The reason I ask is because someone posted a link to a screenshot of someone in a shower and the blur only covered a small area, unless that small blur is just for the shower.

Link to screen
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3/images/0/10/?full_size=1

I'm not sure about the versions, but it could be that the blur for males is smaller because it hasn't to cover the boobs (like in TS2).

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 May 27, 11:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I automatically thought of the person showering in that pic as female, but after reading your response Marhis I took another look and realised it probably is a guy, it didn't even occur to me about the presence or lack of boobs, which makes perfect sense now you mention it.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 May 27, 11:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erry: No idea if this works as im not able to download it/test it, but heres a link: http://rapidshare.com/files/237479873/Sims3_1.0.632.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe
[EDITED for missing out words!]
Yeah that was the link I was looking for. Cheers.
There should also be another one.. to patch it up to 631... and then use that one above to patch to updated... but maybe that one above will do it both. I didn't try just one.
Maybe some one else here might know. (Defo need a wiki for this kinda thing. hehe)

Smile.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 May 27, 11:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the Razor version, cracked it, then downloaded the updater, ran that, let it update.

It wouldn't work without re-applying the cracked exe though. I can't remember the exact error I got though, I'll find out tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: