More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:15:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release  (Read 184910 times)
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
« Reply #50 on: 2009 May 26, 01:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm not that excited about another neighborhood--whoo, the same thing with a differeny layout. However, if it turns out there is more content that'll be available, that'll be something.

I don't think I'll bother with Razor, though, as people are saying there aren't any new objects or outfits. I'll wait for my preorder to show up.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 May 26, 01:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the following on Usenet just now. Dunno if it is important.
nfo file for an 8.5 meg rar in alt.binaries.cores
 The EA updater dont works with Releoaded release because
 the updater is only working for Sims 3 version start from 1.0.631.00001.
 Reloaded is 1.0.615.00107 and not final Smiley
After updating it... will this make it the final/lastest update?
Or will the offcial DVD release be more upto date even after the patch?
Stupid question I spose because we wont know until its offical release (it might come with more stuff, just the same version?)

EDIT:
Yeah, I'm not that excited about another neighborhood--whoo, the same thing with a differeny layout. However, if it turns out there is more content that'll be available, that'll be something.
I don't think I'll bother with Razor, though, as people are saying there aren't any new objects or outfits. I'll wait for my preorder to show up.
This is why im wondering if the Offical release will be jammed with more stuff as a pose to the Razor release.. Hmmm

Smile.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 May 26, 01:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope this helps to end the version # confusion....  I think this is right.

Digital Download is version # 1.0.631.00107 and the patch for it is Sims3_1.0.632.00107_from_1.0.631.00107.exe

DVD is version # 1.0.631.00002 and the patch for it is Sims3_1.0.632.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe
griz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 May 26, 01:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why im wondering if the Offical release will be jammed with more stuff as a pose to the Razor release.. Hmmm

RZR being patchable through the launcher official EA patch exe means it's the retail version.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 26, 01:30:39 by Grizzlor » Logged
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 May 26, 01:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope this helps to end the version # confusion....  I think this is right.

Digital Download is version # 1.0.631.00107 and the patch for it is Sims3_1.0.632.00107_from_1.0.631.00107.exe

DVD is version # 1.0.631.00002 and the patch for it is Sims3_1.0.632.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe

And to add more info:

The first one above gives a region error if attempted to use with the razor release.

The second one works with the razor release, so I guess we can assume theirs is an R2 DVD rip? (I don't know where the above facts come from, just following the logic).

Also, to be very clear, we are patching the game with standalone executables. The laucher's updater does seem to at least check for a new version but says the version is up to date. In other words (to the best of my knowledge), we are NOT patching via the launcher, at least not yet.

Also, I haven't been able to get this version to crash yet.

madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 May 26, 01:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Torrent delivery time is 8hrs 17 min from start of download. Should be a bit less, because things go faster in the wee hours of teh morning...I usually notice that real download time is about 80% of first estimate. Rapidshare file is in 26 parts. Each part has a 3 min waiting period before download starts. Approximate download time is 13 minutes (plus 3 minute waiting = 16 minutes). 26 parts * 16 min/each = almost exactly 7hrs. 80% of current torrent estimate is 6.6hrs. Add to that the fact that Rapidshare likes to crap out and say you can't download for another hour, plus requires more finangling on my part, and torrent always wins for me.

ETA: and 5 seconds later, I'm getting estimated download of 3hrs 52 minutes.

How in the world is that possible?!?  I get an estimated time of 2 yrs 16 days!  LOL
pennyhugo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 May 26, 01:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch is a standalone patcher:

Sims3_1.0.632.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe   10,720,392   05/25/2009 19:40

That's 10mb or so.

I did just notice something new in my game: I actually had neighbors show up and greet my Sim after move-in. This is the first time in about six test households (and additional movings) that this has happened, on my first new hood/Sim after installing and patching razor.. Not sure if this is related, probably not.

Hi there, I had neighbors showing up to greet my first Sims in Sims 3 on my RLD installed Sims 3... and I have a question: can I patch the RLD one with that patch?

TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 May 26, 01:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could give it a try, at worst you'll get an error. Just back up your TS3.EXE first.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 May 26, 01:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did just notice something new in my game: I actually had neighbors show up and greet my Sim after move-in. This is the first time in about six test households (and additional movings) that this has happened, on my first new hood/Sim after installing and patching razor.. Not sure if this is related, probably not.

I've had that happen on every new main family with the Reloaded version. (I've reset a few times).
Judhudson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 May 26, 01:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fantastic...Hopefully that is the case on the patches.  Would be better if they were handled better but hey, can't complain at least we are getting patches at a faster rate this time around.  I don't suppose...if it's not too much trouble to get a screenie of the patch?  Would save me some time on June 2nd so I can actually play the game for once rather than uploading and dealing with the patches Tongue
pennyhugo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 May 26, 01:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could give it a try, at worst you'll get an error. Just back up your TS3.EXE first.

thanks for the reply  Wink Kiss

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 May 26, 01:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Torrent delivery time is 8hrs 17 min from start of download. Should be a bit less, because things go faster in the wee hours of teh morning...I usually notice that real download time is about 80% of first estimate. Rapidshare file is in 26 parts. Each part has a 3 min waiting period before download starts. Approximate download time is 13 minutes (plus 3 minute waiting = 16 minutes). 26 parts * 16 min/each = almost exactly 7hrs. 80% of current torrent estimate is 6.6hrs. Add to that the fact that Rapidshare likes to crap out and say you can't download for another hour, plus requires more finangling on my part, and torrent always wins for me.

ETA: and 5 seconds later, I'm getting estimated download of 3hrs 52 minutes.

How in the world is that possible?!?  I get an estimated time of 2 yrs 16 days!  LOL
Your ISP sucks ass, most likely. I'm on Comcast, highest highspeed for the price of the standard highspeed. Somehow, I'm ridiculously good at getting free upgrades. People think my miserliness is bargaining, I guess. Right now, I'm at just over 2 hrs ETA.

EndlessSims, please open your eyes and shut your mouth. You will not last long on this forum. We don't particularly care for dumbasses who want everything given to them on a platter and are incapable of simple reading comprehension.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 May 26, 02:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Overenthusiastic firewalling can also bork torrents.

I'm beginning to suspect Endless does not speak English. Or maybe just doesn't read it.
Styl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 May 26, 02:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is nothing new in the Razor release that I can find. It does seem to run better on my computer than the Reloaded release did. I maxed all of the settings and only got lag when moving the camera too quickly and using the 3x/4x speed. Can't comment on improvement crash/bug wise, since I never had any while playing the Reloaded release. Also, my save games still work.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 May 26, 02:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Overenthusiastic firewalling can also bork torrents.

I'm beginning to suspect Endless does not speak English. Or maybe just doesn't read it.
And not forwarding ports and what not.. all the lovely things n00bs of downloading dont know what to do.. not calling any one a n00b.. only my dad.

There is nothing new in the Razor release that I can find. It does seem to run better on my computer than the Reloaded release did. I maxed all of the settings and only got lag when moving the camera too quickly and using the 3x/4x speed. Can't comment on improvement crash/bug wise, since I never had any while playing the Reloaded release. Also, my save games still work.
I was using windows 7 x64.. and was having it crash all the time.. i went back to Windows 7 x86 (7125 or what ever it is) and seems to be working a bit better, saving i get erorr 13s now and then. but play on and works ok.
I lost 4 hours of RL time last night, forgot to save, and it crashed.. when i was havign a wedding party with 10+ sims on the lot.. that effing pissed me off!!

Smile.
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 May 26, 02:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible, I suppose, on both counts.  I'm on Verizon DSL, supposedly the highest speed one.  And both my firewall and router are configured correctly for BitTorrent.  However, I am getting complaints from the peanut gallery that "the intertubes is slower than crap, Ma!"  So, I guess I will cancel it out and just wait to see if this is worth fooling with.  Thanks for answering!
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 May 26, 02:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any word on Story Progression in the new version?  Maybe they got it working and Pes doesn't have to spend time messing with it.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 May 26, 02:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EndlessSims...really? I predict your a troll. Really, How did you find this post if you can't find anything else? There are simple navigation tools, unless your five...Anyway, back on topic. I think I may just keep the older build and mess with it until June 2nd. Its only a few days away. Good luck though guys, sounds awesome that the launcher is fully functional and such. I'm also gonna guess it's overall securom free(?)
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 May 26, 02:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did some more checking and there are actually multiple patches.

http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku1_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00001
http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku2_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00002
http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku3_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00003
http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku5_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00005
http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku7_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00107

depending on your region.

If you look at the 2nd line of each page you will see this...

<patchTarget TargetContentId="sims3_dd">  for version # 1.0.631.00107
<patchTarget TargetContentId="sims3_sku2"> for version # 1.0.631.00002

for sim3_sku7 i'm pretty sure sims3_dd refers to the Digital Download version, the other patches are for different regions.

If you look at the rest of the lines on the pages, you will see the different codes for each region.
Judhudson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 May 26, 02:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku1_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00001
http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku2_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00002
http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku3_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00003
http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku5_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00005
http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku7_update_manifest.xml - 1.0.631.00107

for sim3_sku7 i'm pretty sure sims3_dd refers to the Digital Download version, the other patches are for different regions.

If you look at the rest of the lines on the pages, you will see the different codes for each region.

Shocked

If that is the case, then managing independent patch .exe files is going to be a huge pain.  Suppose I'll have to wait and see.
griz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 May 26, 02:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reloaded version has no blurr.......

yes it does

censor blur is in both versions until you install the mod to remove it
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 May 26, 02:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What update do we use for the Razor patch?
I would assume that when we get the official release.. running the good-old-EA-updater would locate the correct update required depending on region?
Unless we wanted to use one of these for it instead of installing that horrible updater thing... unless it will be needed for other TS3 related downloads?

Smile.
Deadclown
Asinine Airhead

RESIDENT PSYCHO

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 May 26, 02:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope the Razor one stops the random "shut-my-computer-off" crash.

The doc fixed your arteries! That's ka-blamo!
your mouthwash is gargly! That's ka-blamo!
your water is watery! That's ka-blamo!
I majored in pottery! NOT KABLAMO.
griz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 May 26, 03:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What update do we use for the Razor patch?
I would assume that when we get the official release.. running the good-old-EA-updater would locate the correct update required depending on region?
Unless we wanted to use one of these for it instead of installing that horrible updater thing... unless it will be needed for other TS3 related downloads?

for RZR release, download 631.00002
for RLD release, you could try 631.00107 but it may not work due to mismatched files

the updater/launcher is automatically installed with the game, but it probably won't be required for anything except buying the overpriced furniture packs. you can completely bypass the launcher by running TS3.exe directly, this doesn't seem to cause any problems.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 May 26, 03:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible, I suppose, on both counts.  I'm on Verizon DSL, supposedly the highest speed one.  And both my firewall and router are configured correctly for BitTorrent.  However, I am getting complaints from the peanut gallery that "the intertubes is slower than crap, Ma!"  So, I guess I will cancel it out and just wait to see if this is worth fooling with.  Thanks for answering!
The usual cause of "Intertubes slower than crap" is upstream overload. Find out what your maximum upstream is and cap ButtTorrent to use no more than about 50-75% of that, or it will actually choke performance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: