More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:01:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release  (Read 184967 times)
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
« Reply #250 on: 2009 June 03, 03:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, I just spent one week downloading the game, version 1.0.615.00107

Did I  just waste one week?  Or can I just upgrade this version?  Huh

Are you on dialup or something?
xaricescakes
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2009 June 03, 03:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, very very slow DSL.
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009 June 03, 04:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, very very slow DSL.

Methinks it's time to switch ISPs.

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
griz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009 June 03, 06:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(5.6 gigabytes) / (7 days) = 77.6722963 kilobits per second

nearly 40% faster than 56k dialup! I hope you aren't paying much for that.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: 2009 June 03, 06:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I'm using intermittently available unencrypted wireless internet that's actually owned by my neighbors, and even I got the game in only two and half days.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2009 June 03, 06:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I'm using intermittently available unencrypted wireless internet that's actually owned by my neighbors, and even I got the game in only two and half days.
Shit man, now you just need to be using a stolen laptop in a squat house and you're sweet.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: 2009 June 03, 06:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate cat doesn't pay for bandwidth, right?

Actually, I was going to actually shell it out for an internet connection, but then discovered that it was actually not that hard to find free wireless in coffee shops and at the University and so forth.  The fact that my neighbors had unencrypted wireless at the time I was downloaded TS3 was something of an accident (my neighbors actually change every few months or so - some of them are more tech-savvy than others).

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2009 June 03, 08:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  Codec.exe NAILED ME, even after I read everything previously warning about it.  I am so dumb.  I scanned it with AVAST (best anti-virus program there is, seriously) and couldn't see it.  Sure enough, after I tried to install it and it failed, I got virus warnings, and WINRAR revealed that, yes, Sims3Installer.exe was really a Rar executable with codec.exe inside.

I wanted to get a copy with one of the trojans inside to see if malwarebytes would pick it up. Avast tends to only report things when they try to run, or you try to access an infected file. I torrented both versions and neither had an issue. I guess I'm lucky, or not in this case. I only wanted to satisfy my curiosity at anyrate.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009 June 03, 17:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, I just spent one week downloading the game, version 1.0.615.00107

Did I  just waste one week?  Or can I just upgrade this version?  Huh

I've read there's a 700MBsomething patch that allows you to upgrade from the Reloaded version to the Razor version.

Also, you may consider doing other things (multitasking) while the game is downloading, so the time isn't wasted.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 June 03, 20:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to get a copy with one of the trojans inside to see if malwarebytes would pick it up. Avast tends to only report things when they try to run, or you try to access an infected file. I torrented both versions and neither had an issue. I guess I'm lucky, or not in this case. I only wanted to satisfy my curiosity at anyrate.

The one I downloaded was the Razor1911 version of Sims 3 that had the most seeds and leech activity at Isohunt.  (Torrent name: "The Sims 3 - Razor1911.torrent")

Avast has earned my undying respect.  I had a rootkit one time (Alureon) that was borking my two DVD burners and making them give me the very strange Windows error "Maximum Secrets exceeded."  It turns out that that is a hard-to-explain reference to a State Department regulation (I kid you not) that prohibits disks with too many "secret" areas.  The word was not "hidden" or "encrypted."  "Secret."  Google "Maximum Secrets exceeded."  People on the virus forums thought it was bullshit.

I ran about seven anti-virus and malware programs, and the only one that found the problem and fixed it was the last one, Avast.

Ones that didn't find it included:

AVG free
AVG premium
PC Tools Anti-virus
Malware MBAM (if found NOTHING)
Avira
RootRepeal
SanityClear (?)
Something else.

I was also extra-pissed-off that AVG premium didn't find it, because it specifically advertises its rootkit features in the advertising for the premium version.  Bullshit.  I have absolutely no respect for AVG or anything GRISOFT produces anymore.  .

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009 June 03, 21:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the Reloaded version when it first came out and wasn't impressed enough to keep playing, but now that all this content from the store is coming out and I'm seeing everyone's pretty legacies and stuff, I want to try again. Can I just stick with the Reloaded version, or should I upgrade to the Razor1911 version for the sake of installing the store stuff, etc?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 June 04, 00:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate cat doesn't pay for bandwidth, right?

Actually, I was going to actually shell it out for an internet connection, but then discovered that it was actually not that hard to find free wireless in coffee shops and at the University and so forth.  The fact that my neighbors had unencrypted wireless at the time I was downloaded TS3 was something of an accident (my neighbors actually change every few months or so - some of them are more tech-savvy than others).

So in Rufio-world, there is no ethical problem with stealing bandwidth from your neighbours, but there is with scanning a book?

That seems like a backwards, non-standard view of the issue.  I'd have less problems with scanning a book (i.e. stealing profits from a faceless publishing house) than I would with stealing from the people who are my neighbours (even though I can't stand most of them).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009 June 04, 01:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: bandwidth stealing.

I see a practical issue more important than the moral one. Unless in USistan things are going totally different than here, whatever is done from a certain IP/connection/LAN legally refers to the registered owner of that IP (according to the ISP registry).
If I do something illegal using someone else's IP, they will not incriminate me, but them. I know the laws pertaining this issue are being discussed right now, but still it doesn't seem to me a good thing to do.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: 2009 June 04, 01:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So in Rufio-world, there is no ethical problem with stealing bandwidth from your neighbours, but there is with scanning a book?

Actually, I am not ethically opposed to either - if someone is going to leave their wireless unencrypted, they have to know that people are going to use it.  Also, I don't normally do things that use up much bandwidth.

The issue with scanning the book was that I was respecting rules my father had made about the use of his equipment, out of politeness for him.  I realize this is a foreign concept to most of you.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 June 04, 02:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the Reloaded version when it first came out and wasn't impressed enough to keep playing, but now that all this content from the store is coming out and I'm seeing everyone's pretty legacies and stuff, I want to try again. Can I just stick with the Reloaded version, or should I upgrade to the Razor1911 version for the sake of installing the store stuff, etc?

Well, logically, if the store stuff got you interested again (among other things), you'd want the version that can use the store stuff, yes?

geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 June 04, 02:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, logically, if the store stuff got you interested again (among other things), you'd want the version that can use the store stuff, yes?

Ah, sorry, I didn't know - I thought I read most of the 11 pages and just saw that the patching didn't work, but I guess I must have skipped over that part. I started dl'ing the Razor version, anyway - should be done in just under 2 hours. Gotta love those private trackers. Thanks for the reply!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 June 04, 03:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran about seven anti-virus and malware programs, and the only one that found the problem and fixed it was the last one, Avast.

Oh, I love Avast too, I recommend it for everyone. It is my virus scan of choice. It has just already been reported that Avast hasn't picked up the trojans on a scan of the ISO or the individual EXEs. I was curious whether Malwarebytes would. I use a combo of Malwarebytes and Avast to rid of any ills that I might encounter. What Avast can't get rid of, Malwarebytes has. I've use both to rid several friends of Vundo of varying severity, each one on their own did not get all of the files.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009 June 04, 06:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to download limits (I live on the edge of the 3rd world), and because it was working perfectly well, I never changed from my original Reloaded install, and all the store stuff has worked fine for me (with the aid of Pes' tool, etc.).

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009 June 04, 06:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to download limits (I live on the edge of the 3rd world), and because it was working perfectly well, I never changed from my original Reloaded install, and all the store stuff has worked fine for me (with the aid of Pes' tool, etc.).

Hmm, that is good to know.

Regardless, I still recommend upgrading to Razor1911 for use of Awesomemod when it goes public, as I do believe that requires the full, final version.

Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 June 04, 20:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right. RLD-RZR patch is go- where's the .632 patch, since if I recall correctly earlier in the thread you guys were saying EA took it down? (PB search came up with nothing. or rather, nothing that I was actually intending to search for.)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2009 June 04, 21:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right. RLD-RZR patch is go- where's the .632 patch, since if I recall correctly earlier in the thread you guys were saying EA took it down? (PB search came up with nothing. or rather, nothing that I was actually intending to search for.)

Witch posted links to them in this thread. There are two patches. I'm unsure what the difference is between them, other the region that is. If you are determined to install both of them then you have to change the regional setting of the game in your registry.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15009.msg433197.html#msg433197

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2009 June 04, 21:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wanted the infected version, so here ya go. I got it but Avast warned me. http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/3120778/The-Sims-3-FULL-EN-PC

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009 June 05, 12:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that the real thing's out, are we sure RZR is the final version?

Reasonably certain, yes.  I got my hands on a retail copy in a "cheap as free" manner and installed.  The Razor crackfix TS3.exe file is the exact same version as the .exe that comes on the disk.  The RZR crack in the crackfix works as a no-DVD for the released retail version.  I would conclude that the retail and RZR versions are the same.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009 June 05, 23:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wanted the infected version, so here ya go. I got it but Avast warned me. http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/3120778/The-Sims-3-FULL-EN-PC

Thank you very much! Avast was reported to have not given warning on the other two trojans that are out though.

bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2009 June 06, 21:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a stupid question. Does my region depend on what I chose at installation or does it verify somehow differently?
Just curious which region I actually have and how heavily further downloads will depend on it:S
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: