More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 07:48:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release  (Read 184933 times)
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
Re: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
« Reply #175 on: 2009 May 27, 12:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the Razor version, cracked it, then downloaded the updater, ran that, let it update.

It wouldn't work without re-applying the cracked exe though. I can't remember the exact error I got though, I'll find out tonight.
Pretty sure thats what I did too.. and yeah had to put the EXE back in, cause sims3 same up with an error saying couldnt find the CD or something.
And also, i like your "I'll find out tonight" comment, is that a: "im at work now, ill check tonight, but couldnt be with out the sims for more than 30mins so im on the forums"? thats what im like at work... hehe.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 27, 23:58:51 by JonaBullets » Logged

Smile.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 May 27, 12:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ai yi yi.

If, hypothetically, one has the RELOADED version, and it works, does this hypothetical person who might hypothetically have torrented (hypothetically) the RLD version need to mess about with it more? I'm of the "if it ain't (too) broken, don't fix it" school of thought, and it is working, but I--or, um, this hypothetical person--would also like to avoid patching issues and such in the future.

This hypothetical person is not overly enamored with TS3 "as is", but hypothetically MIGHT enjoy the Awesomeware Version of the game, and thus is not immediately zorching it off his or her hypothetical harddrive.

Something like that.

So. Pros and Cons of messing about with the RLD torrent version / downloading MOAR CRAP to install? Higher version numbers in the Razor version are not particularly compelling reasons, in my mind, as The FOJ  seems to believe the two versions are, for all intents and purposes, identical in every important area.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 May 27, 12:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must point out though, that there doesn't seem to be ANY difference with the speed between the versions that I have found, both are painfully slow.

Watching my sims sleep isn't my idea of fun.

I am also having this issue with the Reloaded version.  I suspect this is not the fault of the game, but rather due to speed of processor and capability of video card.  I find that when I lower screen resolution (which makes the whole thing look like a stretched  pile of steaming faeces) I can actually discern changes in speed.  I have taken to doing this during sleep and when all sims are at work, just to get through the night, so to speak.

So. Pros and Cons of messing about with the RLD torrent version / downloading MOAR CRAP to install? Higher version numbers in the Razor version are not particularly compelling reasons, in my mind, as The FOJ  seems to believe the two versions are, for all intents and purposes, identical in every important area.

If it's not going to solve the speed problem or offer anything obviously shiny, I am not going to bother with the razor version.  I sense that there is a chance that it still may not be the absolutely confirmed final version, the RLD version works for now, and there will be confirmation of actual final release versions next week.

Tribulatio proxima est
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 May 27, 12:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure thats what I did too.. and yeah had to put the EXE back in, cause sims3 same up with an error saying couldnt find the CD or something.
And also, i like your "I'll find out tonight" comment, is that a: "im at work now, ill check tonight, but couldnt be with out the sims for more than 30mins so im on the forums"? thats what im like at work... hehe.

Got it in one Cheesy I have checked this site far too often since the first pirate release of TS3... I hope my boss isn't aware of this!

I'm a long time lurker though, I just felt an itching need to contribute today. Hmm

I am also having this issue with the Reloaded version.  I suspect this is not the fault of the game, but rather due to speed of processor and capability of video card.  I find that when I lower screen resolution (which makes the whole thing look like a stretched  pile of steaming faeces) I can actually discern changes in speed.  I have taken to doing this during sleep and when all sims are at work, just to get through the night, so to speak.

I'm guessing that's the problem too. I can easily and seamlessly (spelling?!) play with the graphics/settings maxed and in high resolution, but if this is the only way round the problem without resorting to a new laptop, then so be it! I'll try this tonight, thanks for the suggestion!
Tacuitacitum
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 May 27, 13:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got the Razor version by that 711mb patch overwrite thing.

...No changes in video card load for me. I'd hoped they'd put a framerate limiter on the thing, but no - ~1200fps at intro movie, and ~400fps at menus according to ATITool (edit: and the Sims 3 fps tool via "fps on" cheat), resulting in graphics card fry-age. (HD3850) Changing the refresh rate does sod all as far as that problem is concerned, btw.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 27, 13:40:38 by Tacuitacitum » Logged
pinklovehammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 May 27, 13:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I've scanned the thread a couple of times now and I cant really find an answer.

I wondered if those people who have downloaded the RLD to Razor patch have been successful and if the Razor version fixes the dump-to-desktop bug I (and from what I've read, many others) have been experiencing? I'm downloading the patch now, but my extremely slow internet connection is making it take longer then I really want to wait, so unless it fixes any of the really frustraiting problems I've been having, I dont really want to clog my computer up with something that is effectively a waste of bandwidth for me.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 May 27, 14:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erry: No idea if this works as im not able to download it/test it, but heres a link: http://rapidshare.com/files/237479873/Sims3_1.0.632.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe

Shocked IT LIVES, thanks, btw.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 May 27, 15:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the safest option for those who got the reloaded version (like my mate) is to obtain the reloaded to razor update, but just keep it on standby, along with the crackfix, and don't update the game till we know exactly what it does. At 711 mb we should be seeing hundreds of improvements - and obvious ones.

And then theres the patch:
1.0.631.00001    >  v1.0.631.00002.
Is this correct? For me, the fact that they pulled it could (potentially) be a bad signal, so I'll avoid this patch and wait for the next one I think.

And look here: You lot got called "a pirate group" by someone
http://www.thesims3universe.com/
« Last Edit: 2009 May 27, 15:35:51 by tizerist » Logged
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 May 27, 15:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the safest option for those who got the reloaded version (like my mate) is to obtain the reloaded to razor update, but just keep it on standby, along with the crackfix, and don't update the game till we know exactly what it does. At 711 mb we should be seeing hundreds of improvements - and obvious ones.

And then theres the patch:
1.0.631.00001    >  v1.0.631.00002.
Is this correct? For me, the fact that they pulled it could (potentially) be a bad signal, so I'll avoid this patch and wait for the next one I think.

Personally, because I can't find any real reason why you would NEED to update it with the patch, I would just wait.

The fact they pulled it was because they probably didn't realise someone would 'find' it. Only to be shamed when they realise that their comments about the pirated copy being a pre-release "buggy" version is soon to be absolute toddlewash because everyone is updating their copy to the latest one available.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 May 27, 15:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

v0.0.0.11190
 Are there are higher versions of Reloadeds one than v0.0.0.11190 ?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 May 27, 15:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly misinformed bunch, it seems.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 May 27, 16:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....A pirate group called MATY uploaded the final version....

Now now, that's not nice throwing accusations around like that... Tut Tut Thesims3universe...
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 May 27, 17:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: As reported earlier, MATY has nothing to do with it (nor with piracy), they just found out the news. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Looks like someone set them straight.  No pirates here, nope nope.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 May 27, 17:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So *has* anyone actually found any difference between the RLD and RZR versions? I suppose I'll have to upgrade eventually anyway for patching reasons, but the RLD version is running fine on here.
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 May 27, 17:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: As reported earlier, MATY has nothing to do with it (nor with piracy), they just found out the news. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Looks like someone set them straight.  No pirates here, nope nope.

Hook

Because, a little bird chewed them a new one...
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 May 27, 17:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So *has* anyone actually found any difference between the RLD and RZR versions? I suppose I'll have to upgrade eventually anyway for patching reasons, but the RLD version is running fine on here.

As mentioned earlier, I am viewing the RZR as another L&P preview edition.  RLD is working fine for now, and if I'm going to all the trouble to acquire/install another version, I will wait until finality is confirmed.  Nobody has noted any differences between the two versions in any case, either in gameplay, or build/buy object availability.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 May 27, 21:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a quick question for those of you who have the most recent edition: did EA add a roof adjuster tool like from M&G stuff?
I know there is an universal roof adjuster tool, but I have yet to see an individual roof adjuster tool. I also can't find any cheats
either for it.
tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 May 27, 21:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no individual roof pitch slider, and no cheat (under CTRL-C "help") to change roof heights individually, in the razor/patched version I'm running.

However, this picture of Riverview shows a gambrel roof with two individual pitches, so it's either possible through a later patch/final game release, or they've cheated in another way that we don't get to do.

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 May 27, 21:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no individual roof pitch slider, and no cheat (under CTRL-C "help") to change roof heights individually, in the razor/patched version I'm running.

However, this picture of Riverview shows a gambrel roof with two individual pitches, so it's either possible through a later patch/final game release, or they've cheated in another way that we don't get to do.

I read somewhere that the farm in Riverview isn't a playable lot, so I imagine it's created in the same mythical way that the rabbithole buildings are.  Unless there is a way to build a glass dome like the Science building has that I don't know about.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 May 27, 22:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that the farm in Riverview isn't a playable lot, so I imagine it's created in the same mythical way that the rabbithole buildings are.  Unless there is a way to build a glass dome like the Science building has that I don't know about.

That was my thought also when I saw the barn, that it's only another rabbit hole. I noticed you can't place anything on the roof,
like how the barn did, so I'm going to say that is just another rabbit hole.

A lot of the small stuff that EA left out is really starting to piss me off. No shift-able paintings, lights and mirrors, no individual
roof heights, no ability to allow complete placement of wall items like how every other item is placed, no ability to recolor painting
frames, etc, etc, etc. I have a feeling all these features that they left out is going to be in an expansion pack.

tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 May 27, 22:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, good call - I hadn't thought about it being a rabbit hole, although I did wonder once I noticed the piece on the roof.

I'm annoyed at the things they left out, too - the roof height is really bugging me.  And the lack of stages, and heights for wall deco.  They've also lost (as far as I can tell) the ability for a sim to lock a door to a chosen group (such as all sims, family, etc).

Some paintings do appear to have recolorable frames, from what I've seen as I've done houses.  Shame they couldn't do it for fences and stairs.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 May 27, 22:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that really annoys me is the lack of half walls, especially since many of the premade houses were designed in a way (railings around kitchens, etc.) that suggests that SOMEone must have thought, "Gee, a half wall would be perfect here". 

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 May 27, 23:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I.Am.She, thanks for the alternate link to the EA patch.

I did a binary compare and the updates were very underwhelming.  Only 3 files changed:
Default.ini - added "InstallationRequired = 0"
GraphicsRules.sgr - in the very last line with the #, changed "E?-Kad}" to "0bfffcc9753aabac325f".
skuversion.txt - changed "1.0.631.00002" to "1.0.632.00002".

That's all.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 May 28, 03:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded and installed the Reloaded version, and then for shits and grins the Razor version. Right off the bat with the Razor version I noticed less crashing, though it still happens, and a very slight speed up in the fast forward options. However, it could be because of the fresh install rather than any real changes in the code.
blackjackii
Asinine Airhead

Zelda, your roots are showing!

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 May 28, 07:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the Razor version and had MORE crashing than with Reloaded.  BUT - I finally lowered all my graphics settings, everything to medium or whatever is next to highest (there's one tht has a very high so that's on high), and I unchecked all the checkable options except reflections.  What I suspect might have been most important was turning of advanced rendering.  Anyway, I did that, shut down the game, loaded it up again and... played for HOURS without a crash.  Tonight was the first night since Sunday that I closed the game down voluntarily and not because it it crashed.

In fairness, I never tried turning of advanced rendering in Reloaded, but I did notice right off that the Razor version doesn't spike my temps like Reloaded did.  Plus at least one glitch I was experiencing was fixed, with Reloaded some Sims didn't have the "change appearances" option on mirrors, but that's working in Razor.  Oh I also installed the razor patch (but still crashed after that - it was ultimately the lowering of graphics settings that fixed that problem if indeed it is fixed.)  And I'm playing with my saves from Reloaded. 

And by the way, I LOVE THIS GAME!  I see a lot of complaints - am I the only who thinks, outside of the glitchiness, it's freakin' awesome?!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: