More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:18:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release  (Read 184911 times)
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: Razor1911 release vs. Reloaded release
« Reply #100 on: 2009 May 26, 07:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or as soon as I went to the launcher (having previously run it via the direct .exe) and running RLD version - after it demanded  my installation of the EA download manager, I got a pop-up: "The follow program: EADM is attempting to access secure files on your hard drive - click here to cancel or stop"...

Phone home much?

Enjoy your SecuROMs.

Deadclown
Asinine Airhead

RESIDENT PSYCHO

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 May 26, 07:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. When I first installed mine, I told it not to install the download manager. Mine hasn't tried to phone home yet. This was the reloaded version BTW. I'm going to try the Razor version now.

The doc fixed your arteries! That's ka-blamo!
your mouthwash is gargly! That's ka-blamo!
your water is watery! That's ka-blamo!
I majored in pottery! NOT KABLAMO.
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 May 26, 08:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surprise, surprise, it's still spyware.

That tells me all I need to know.

Hmmm. When I first installed mine, I told it not to install the download manager. Mine hasn't tried to phone home yet. This was the reloaded version BTW. I'm going to try the Razor version now.

I did the same thing. My arr game won't go over the internet. So what use do I have with the EA download manager. Wink
startspring
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 May 26, 08:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm downloading the razor version right now, but where do you get the patch and how do you install it  Huh
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 May 26, 10:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to change households in reloaded version and most of my sims' inventory was gone, not all of it though. With rzr version everything stays intact. Can someone test this also, to confirm?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 May 26, 10:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to change households in reloaded version and most of my sims' inventory was gone, not all of it though. With rzr version everything stays intact. Can someone test this also, to confirm?
It's not based on version. It's based on a timer effect, at some point the sims you don't control will purge their inventories, and everything will be lost. As far as gamecode differences go, there are practically no differences between them, as the game had long since gone into feature lock.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 May 26, 11:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch is a standalone patcher:

Sims3_1.0.632.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe   10,720,392   05/25/2009 19:40

That's 10mb or so.

I did just notice something new in my game: I actually had neighbors show up and greet my Sim after move-in. This is the first time in about six test households (and additional movings) that this has happened, on my first new hood/Sim after installing and patching razor.. Not sure if this is related, probably not.

It's not related Tash. I'm still running the reloaded version and my neighbors didn't appear to greet my new sims until I created my 4th household. It kind of surprised me when it happened because it was the first time
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 May 26, 11:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope it's not a Hardware issue. I'm running an Nvidia 8800 GTS 512 card, and a 2.40 quad core with 4gb ram
I would tihnk its the game itsself.. ive noticed on 4 computers that I and my friends/brother have all with different hardware.. Intel based though.. and they have had crash issues with the first release.
I'm running dualcore, 9800gtx, 4gb ram, windows 7 x86. and not having nearly as many issues as i was with x64 windows 7.
other friend is on vista, and brother on vista too, and both having freeze issues, and random crashing, and from the look its not hardware. its just the game. will have to test with RZR release, but from the look of the posts.. people have had very little with RZR release. *fingers crossed*

I have the reloaded version on my vista 64 machine and my son's vista 32 machine. Neither of us have experienced a crash yet
Mr. Snooley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 May 26, 12:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played the razor release for a few hours. I patched it as well.

Anything noteworthy:

- Disabled story progression is still fail, fail, fail...

Makes me wonder what they fixed, if not that...

This is the reason why I don't need to download this Version anymore. Since I also never had any Problems with Performance in the "Beta", there is no need to.

As long as they don't fix this, the game will be like a dying Horse, wich will rott away some time soon.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2009 May 26, 12:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA may not fix it, but if the new forums here are any indication, Pescado will (or die trying) and his hacks may not be compatible with/may not work properly with the earlier version of the game.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 May 26, 13:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the RLD version and then download the Razor version, do you uninstall the RLD version?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 May 26, 14:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think about it. Why, oh why, would you keep two copies of the same game on your harddrive?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2009 May 26, 14:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he means can you just overwrite it?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 May 26, 14:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he means can you just overwrite it?

Thanks Inge, I thought I was speaking English. That's exactly what I meant
Deadclown
Asinine Airhead

RESIDENT PSYCHO

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 May 26, 15:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. Just installed the Razor version and the game won't start. It says it's running but it isn't. I uninstalled all the game saves and everything and still nothing. going to re try the Reloaded version see what happens.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 May 26, 15:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even get it to install. Trying to, some temp file attempts access to the 'net and then my system freezes. I am not pleased.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 May 26, 15:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or as soon as I went to the launcher (having previously run it via the direct .exe) and running RLD version - after it demanded  my installation of the EA download manager, I got a pop-up: "The follow program: EADM is attempting to access secure files on your hard drive - click here to cancel or stop"...

Phone home much?

Remove the EADM Folder from TS3 in the Program Files. Solution was posted along with one of the torrents.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 May 26, 15:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody know if there is a working link for the patch(es)? I finally got the Razor version to finish downloading and wanted to see if the patch caused any noticeable difference, but all the links are giving me a 404 message.

I sing along with elevator music.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 May 26, 15:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis yanked all the patches because of Pirate Cat, it seems. According to our information, however, it doesn't actually change any USEFUL files.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 May 26, 15:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope the Razor one stops the random "shut-my-computer-off" crash.
Random shutdown is caused by overheating. Clean out your computer and put it in a cold room.

I couldn't go more than 5-minutes before getting BSODs in Vista x64 with the code # 0x00000124.  I ended up downgrading my Zalman "super silent" low speed CPU cooler with a noisy AMD Ajigo 4-pipe stock cooler.  Now my computer sounds like a jet engine with TS3 running, but doesn't crash.  TS3 is rock-solid stable for days on end now.  TS3 will definitely expose any weakness in your CPU cooling system.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 May 26, 15:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis yanked all the patches because of Pirate Cat, it seems. According to our information, however, it doesn't actually change any USEFUL files.

Figures. I tried to download it yesterday, but my internet was being a PITA. Oh well.

I sing along with elevator music.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 May 26, 15:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

During install you are given the option to also install EADM. In the explanation of EADM it says it will connect to the internet. When it asks if you want EADM or not, click no. If you click yes and it tries to connect to the 'net, then there's no surprise, because it said it would do that.

Also, Kenny, I uninstalled the RLD version before installing the Razor version. When it asked if I wanted to delete my saves, I clicked no, and suddenly the game started up. I closed the game and it immediately started up again! I had to ctrl alt delete and end process on TS3.exe and the setup I was running to uninstall it! I then just manually copied my save folder to my desktop and when the uninstall setup got to asking me whether I wanted to keep my user data or not, I clicked NO.

Kind of odd.

And isn't anyone else astounded that story progression is F'd in the release version?? The photos I included are fine evidence, right?

I think when Pes releases his mod, I'm going to start a new game, package the Sims I have and put them into it, and start over fresh. (Again...) When I play this it's with the non-committal view that all I'm really doing is testing it... not the best way to get yourself enthralled in a game.
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 May 26, 16:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

During install you are given the option to also install EADM. In the explanation of EADM it says it will connect to the internet. When it asks if you want EADM or not, click no. If you click yes and it tries to connect to the 'net, then there's no surprise, because it said it would do that.

Also, Kenny, I uninstalled the RLD version before installing the Razor version. When it asked if I wanted to delete my saves, I clicked no, and suddenly the game started up. I closed the game and it immediately started up again! I had to ctrl alt delete and end process on TS3.exe and the setup I was running to uninstall it! I then just manually copied my save folder to my desktop and when the uninstall setup got to asking me whether I wanted to keep my user data or not, I clicked NO.

Kind of odd.

And isn't anyone else astounded that story progression is F'd in the release version?? The photos I included are fine evidence, right?

I think when Pes releases his mod, I'm going to start a new game, package the Sims I have and put them into it, and start over fresh. (Again...) When I play this it's with the non-committal view that all I'm really doing is testing it... not the best way to get yourself enthralled in a game.

Wow that is weird, but thanks for the info coltraz.
Deadclown
Asinine Airhead

RESIDENT PSYCHO

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 May 26, 16:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. The Razor version doesn't work on my system. I just reinstalled the reloaded and it boots up fine. Cry I wonder now if I try the Reloaded .exe file with the Razor install.
Anyone else have any issues? Also I noticed the Razor .exe is 10.7MB The original is 16.5MB and the Reloaded is 28.3MB anyone else have these numbers? Maybe something is off with my Razor file.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 May 26, 16:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already stated that I can't even get it to install. I'm trying a different torrent right now, an uncompressed one. Unfortunately, it's going to take a year and a day, and I'd already uninstalled the Reloaded version and .iso. So. Screwed for a bit.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: