More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 07:31:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Brokeback/Fresh Mountain -- Plenty of new YA Genes to pollinate!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Brokeback/Fresh Mountain -- Plenty of new YA Genes to pollinate!  (Read 74478 times)
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Brokeback/Fresh Mountain -- Plenty of new YA Genes to pollinate!
« on: 2009 May 24, 17:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearwater Town No sims or houses; community lots intact
Completely Empty Neighborhood By mixreality; nada, nil, zilch, cero

Fresh Mountain Four new starter homes, new genes, no non-CAS sims (although they will move in)
To add this 'hood: download the file into your Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves folder and load the "Fresh Mountain" save from the main menu. Duplicate it if you want to save it for later restarting!
Please note that almost all of the CAS'd sims are Young Adults in this 'hood; the idea is that your sims will be able to breed with... unique... people to balance out the infamous EA-generated townies. These townies should quite willingly fill up your town with children and elders. Also, every Craze-made sim, household and lot has its own bio, and some households have some interesting things going on. Gotta catch 'em all! Hint: after playing a bit and meeting the new folks, check out Miranda Klinton's bedroom (in the Babies and Friends household). ALSOALSO note that community lots are 100% untouched. I'm saving that for the retail release, when (legal) documentation starts appearing.

Sunfellow Family Dumb frat boy and aging spy wanna-be... suddenly hitched

Screenshots of Fresh Mountain:

EDIT 4: I decided to screw over skilling; it just isn't going to happen until more cheats are added. For now, Fresh Mountain (now downloadable!) will just add some kooky new characters, some fresh young adult genes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm interested to see what we can do without a neighborhood creation tool. Please see what happens when you download Clearwater Town into your Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves folder. I suggest immediately saving the town after loading it up so as to create the backup file (I am not going to upload two hopefully-identical 12meg files on my personal 50meg intarwebz space!). Daring simmers could try playing the game without the backup; I assume that it is simply created when you save a game so that you can not-save the town when quitting/going to Edit Town mode.

Please also inform me how this goes into a slot on your main menu, or if it appears at all!

My goal is to also make Fresh Mountain pre-June 2nd; a small boolprop'd-to-high-heaven 'hood for people who dislike dealing with Bella and Mortimer already, and also want a town that isn't completely infested with fatgenes. Not that I'm against having fat sims in my game, it's just that I don't need to see half the town being morbidly obese!

Thanks for testing this out for me!

EDIT 3: If anybody could inform me as to how to cheat/hack skill points onto sims I'd be greatly obliged. Testingcheatsenabled true allows me to set career levels, modify traits and relationships and age up characters, but I can't kill off sims to make annoying ghosts or add skill points to make those stay-at-home painter types. This is severely limiting my ability to create an interesting neighborhood. :<

EDIT 2: While this will be 500% easier with the actual site working, I've uploaded a family from my game. Download the Sunfellow household into the Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Library folder, and check to see if 1) you overwrite anything, 2) you can put the family in a lot and 3) you can read the characters' bios.

EDIT 1: I just copied and renamed a save file and tried to load it... it worked without a hitch. Looks like this is going to be easy, folks!
« Last Edit: 2009 May 26, 01:41:38 by Crazetex » Logged
Seolaeria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Neighborhood Sharing -- Test a Simless 'Hood
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 24, 17:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that was quick!

Just downloaded it. Starting up the game now...

EDIT: Works perfectly! Fantastic job!
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 24, 17:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't say that it's a fantasic job given that I didn't do anything extra delete lots/famblies and trim my nails for ten minutes, but thanks. Next step: sharing non-default households/lots out of the Library.
Blaise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 24, 18:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried it, worked like a charm. No residences, just empty lots. But all comm lots were there. Only thing: Sims in the sim bin, both EA's and one I made some days ago, were still there. Not sure if that is a meant to or not.

Thank goodness no more Eaxis fuglies! (Oh wait, all Sims 3 sims are fugly. Nevermind.)
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 24, 18:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blaise: You cannot delete default lots/households. :< :< :< Also, your clones (the one with a folder icon on the bottom-right) can't be modified by 'hoods. You can delete them, though, unless you want to... clone sims you already have made...?

Updated first post with an uploaded family.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 24, 18:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can also install your downloads "on the fly", ie: as the game is running and use them immediately, at least as far as lots and sims. I was able to add another "world" by copying the sunsetvalley file to the downloaded worlds folder, but the name remained the same even though I changed the file name.

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 24, 18:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome!

It would be cool to have a totally empty neighbourhood, without any community lots, either. I wonder how to get rid of 'em.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 24, 18:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to bin the residential lots somehow and move them into the empty neighborhood?  I like the idea of a neighborhood with no pre-made sims, but I suck at building and would prefer to keep the pre-made lots.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 24, 18:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have just loaded up Clearwater Town, seems to be working fine so far! Am very thankful for this, I hated all those self spawning townies!
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 24, 18:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome!

It would be cool to have a totally empty neighbourhood, without any community lots, either. I wonder how to get rid of 'em.

Just buldoze'em from the 'Edit town' screen. I succesfully deleted everything and everyone (except hood deco and bin sims), but I didn't like it. Sounds weird, but following One Sim driving around an empty hood gives me motion sickness  Roll Eyes Also, I too suck at building so the whole 'start town from nothing and build from scratch' might not be the best thing for me now. And there weren't things to do. And no random sims running around, just the paper kid, the mail woman and a cab driver (Good Thing). Placing a career rabbit hole building/object brought back few more sims.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 24, 18:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so cool, will download later as I am out of town now.  Sad

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 24, 18:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rufio: A lot of the starter homes are in the lots tab of the library (that white box when you are in Edit Town mode).

kattenijin: When I duplicated a town inside the "Saves" folder, it registered the name of the file as the name of the town. Try it there if you want a specific name (you can also Save As the town and delete the old one). Also, "Worlds" are offical neighborhoods that you choose from the drop-down menu; that could also be why. I don't have the tools or know-how to do that without the official create-a-neighborhood tool.

Also, in a few days I'll be posting a fresh town with its own little stories... as long as boolprop works. =D That should help with "I don't want Sunset Valley but I do want something different!"

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 24, 18:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rufio: A lot of the starter homes are in the lots tab of the library (that white box when you are in Edit Town mode).

Oh cool - I am still a bit lost in the Edit Town UI, to be honest.  I will definitely be trying this out.  Thanks, this is great.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 24, 19:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blaise: You cannot delete default lots/households. :< :< :<

Actually, I found the default families and houses located in this folder:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Library

I removed the families (Martinez, etc.) from this folder a couple days ago, so only the families I build in CAS are in the library now. I haven't noticed any issues with the game, but YMMV.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 May 24, 19:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just double-checking: I'm on a Mac, can I do this?
Blaise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 May 24, 19:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT 2: While this will be 500% easier with the actual site working, I've uploaded a family from my game. Download the Sunfellow household into the Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Library folder, and check to see if 1) you overwrite anything, 2) you can put the family in a lot and 3) you can read the characters' bios.

File did not overwrite anything.

Characters moved into lot in your empty hood no prob.

Bio is there for both characters.

ETA: Roux that is VERY good news.

Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 May 24, 19:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roux: Hey, cool! I have no desire to play the LUM family or the others, so it looks like it's purging time!

vagabondher: I have no idea. I'm guessing it won't destroy your game if you try, though.

Blaise: Awesome, thanks. Now we know that it can be done!

So, uh, testingcheatsenabled true is pretty limited. I can set traits/careers and drag relationship bars, but I can't, like, kill off sims or add skill points or anything like that (I even tried shift-clicking a book to force skills!). I am currently scouting out more cheats!

Man, I better be able to set up skill points. ;_;

EDIT: familyfunds [familyname] [number] works, but only for a static amount. You can't add $40 or take away a thousand, but if you can do simple math it really shouldn't be a big deal. I still can't find a way to add skill points besides actual skilling, which is not a option when developing an entire community!
« Last Edit: 2009 May 24, 19:53:03 by Crazetex » Logged
Blaise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 May 24, 20:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: familyfunds [familyname] [number] works, but only for a static amount. You can't add $40 or take away a thousand, but if you can do simple math it really shouldn't be a big deal. I still can't find a way to add skill points besides actual skilling, which is not a option when developing an entire community!

Excellent. This game may be worth my time after all. Played with your sims for a bit and no probs with them at all so far.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 May 24, 22:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Completely empty hood -- DOWNLOAD

Extract to Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves

Absolutely no buildings of any kind, and no sims. Make your own.

Findings - Random townies haven't appeared anywhere. When I plopped a police rabit-hole building, and gave my One Sim a job, two 'new' people were in his relationship panel (one as the boss, and as his partner). Same two sims work as cops in original Sunset Valley (forgot their names, both are males with long hair) so they're not newly generated. Looks like they come with rabbit-hole buildings/objects. I've since got bored, and deleted everything again. You shouldn't see a trace of my sim and his box house. If you encounter a fat fisherman called Martin Webb, something went wrong.

TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 May 24, 22:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Censor hack has reached its limit and wont allow anymore downloads.  Anywhere else to try it out?

Check the "Test Hack" thread, there are other links.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 May 24, 23:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mixreality: Added your 'hood to the OP. Thanks. =D

I'm still quite stuck as to how I'm going to handle not being able to feasibly skill up sims since I can't find a cheat to do it. Like... sure, I can set their career levels, but if a player marries a high-level journalist expecting someone able to bring in royalties, they're going to be pissed.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 May 24, 23:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crazetex: That was kind of the point, lol! I was trying to have a Sunset Valley "lite" world that was free of EA sims and the lots I didn't like rather than taking up one of my town slots. I don't want to have to continually delete the crap each time I add a new hood from the base world, AND I want four playable town slots. Smiley It actually worked having the two worlds, but them having the same name was a pita, as sometimes one would be first, and sometimes the other. I know it's just a few clicks extra, but I'm lazy, lol!
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 May 24, 23:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are far more than 4 town slots, if by town slots you mean the savegames. It scrolls once you go past 4. I have tons since I save on separate saves often, just in case.
BigFatLady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 May 25, 00:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can also install your downloads "on the fly", ie: as the game is running and use them immediately, at least as far as lots and sims. I was able to add another "world" by copying the sunsetvalley file to the downloaded worlds folder, but the name remained the same even though I changed the file name.

did it work though?

I was hoping that Crazetex's download could be added as an actual world so that you got the choice of it in the drop down when starting a new game, but it said there was a serious error and to restart, so it's not going to be as easy as that. An extra neighbourhood must need extra info or files
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 May 25, 00:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I've been playing with the Clearwater town as linked in the first post, and it works great so far.  I put some other starter houses in the general vicinity of my newly created sim's house, and so far I have only noticed one family of townies come to occupy one of them.  I made my sim Evil, so I try to take her down to the park before work to see if she can get the Schadenfreude moodlet before work, and so far the only person she's met at the park was a repairwoman with a weird name like Tuesday Somethingorother who I've also seen in the unmodified default hood.  Other than the neighbors, one other sim seems have been generated to be her boss, and this is a sim I also recognize from the default hood, who was not a pre-made but a seemingly random townie named Sue Scott who had moved in across the street from the house I was playing.  In the original hood, she did not have a job.  I do not recognize the neighbors from the original hood, though I wasn't exactly keeping tabs on them over there.  Other than that, and the paper deliverer, the hood is eerily empty.  Unfortunately, this means my sim will not be able to fulfill her wish of stealing candy from a baby, but she will survive.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: