More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:43:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Brokeback/Fresh Mountain -- Plenty of new YA Genes to pollinate!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Brokeback/Fresh Mountain -- Plenty of new YA Genes to pollinate!  (Read 74676 times)
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Neighborhood Sharing -- Test a Simless 'Hood
« Reply #25 on: 2009 May 25, 00:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, so it seems that I'm just going to have to suck it up and make a town with silly folks and hope that the random generated NPCs from workplaces and services are attractive enough to players, or that the sims I create love to autonomously skill. In any event, check back here in a few days for a neighborhood with plenty of secrets hidden throughout!

There may or may not be a Mister Kurtz, and he may or may not have a line of skull-white gnomes in front of his hut, and in the case that he exists, he may or may not have a deep and commanding voice.

More images:
http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-212.jpg -- Bigger version of above (widescreen laptop ftw)

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-215.jpg -- Daedra relaxing after catching her prey

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-213.jpg -- I don't know why I put a mirror in there, but I did

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 May 25, 00:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The town will populate itself, but it doesn't appear to be an event that takes place rapidly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2009 May 25, 01:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will it ever generate sims with pre-existing relationships toward each other, like spouses or parents/children, or siblings?  The new households mostly seem to contain groups of unrelated roommates with different last names, who are not involved in any romantic relationships; it seems to make one sim per single bed and two per double bed, which makes me wonder how they ever sleep at the right times since sims with no pre-existing relationship will not share a double bed.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 May 25, 01:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The town will populate itself, but it doesn't appear to be an event that takes place rapidly.

If we fill the town with our own families, will this cease altogether?  If so, how "full" do we need to make the town?

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 May 25, 01:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we fill the town with our own families, will this cease altogether?  If so, how "full" do we need to make the town?

Isn't the problem that the game makes a habit of deleting random families (both stock and created by you) as a part of the botched 'Story Progression'? Which means even if you fill the entire neighborhood, every single lot, with your own characters, some will disappear, making room for randoms created by the game. Right?
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 May 25, 01:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will it ever generate sims with pre-existing relationships toward each other, like spouses or parents/children, or siblings?  The new households mostly seem to contain groups of unrelated roommates with different last names, who are not involved in any romantic relationships; it seems to make one sim per single bed and two per double bed, which makes me wonder how they ever sleep at the right times since sims with no pre-existing relationship will not share a double bed.

I don't think it works like that:

When I plopped a police rabit-hole building, and gave my One Sim a job, two 'new' people were in his relationship panel (one as the boss, and as his partner).

So, the hood only had my sim's house and a police rabbit-hole, one playable, 3 npcs, and two co-workers. I went to edit town, to buldoze those two things in order to share the empty hood, and I had the option to buldoze 3 or 4 empty plots of land. In other words, it looks like the unplayables that exist in a hood with no houses wll occupy random empty plots of land. I had no option to switch households, so maybe they didn't occupy them, it may be a random thing.

ETA - Hrm, my logic seems quite bad Smiley There was no option to evict any sims from those buldozable plots, they just could be buldozed, and I did buldoze them and nothing interesting happened. Perhaps some collectables randomly generated there. Now that I think of it, there was a buldozable community lot too (other than the one containing police building). So, I have no idea what happened and I'll leave it to someone else to make some serious findings Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 May 25, 01:46:33 by Mixreality » Logged

JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 May 25, 04:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was one thing I played around with in TS2, there were alot of empty templetes this/that around MTS2 and what not that were all the exp. with out all the gross ugly sims in it. And after adding new CAS faces and skins and what not, a new game would populate its self, but gees it took alot of stuff around repleacing stuff in SimPE etc.

So hopefully this can be done for TS3, to take out alot of the "Beautiful EA Created" Sims, and be able to replace it with not only custom made sims, but also new CAS faces and what not that would generate better looking sims etc.

Smile.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2009 May 25, 06:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my theory has been contradicted also, Mixreality - right after I posted that and went back to playing, a family with two (presumably married) parents, a teen, and a toddler moved in across the street. Tongue  The game seems to be filling up the bigger houses first.  Also, probably some of the sims that are created are actually genuine NPCs and townies and don't actually live in any lot in the hood - certainly people like the newspaper child and firemen and repairmen and whatnot don't seem to actually live anywhere.  However, in my game at least, the boss definitely lives in a house, as do several people who showed up on the relationship panel as "Accomplices" (my sim is in the Criminal track).  If you don't create any houses for them to live in, maybe the boss and the partner are actually NPCs?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 May 25, 06:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the "Story progression". Any houses left open will be migrated into at random by random sims. Then they will spawn random babies, even if they already have one or the act is physically impossible, like a single male sim living in a house.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Neighborhood Sharing -- Second Screenshot Batch Up
« Reply #34 on: 2009 May 25, 17:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New screens of this skill-less neighborhood!

Who says you can't enjoy a "romantic" movie from time to time?

(Big: http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-219.jpg)

Clumsy technician crash-lands, now must pollinate neighbors with improvised tools

(Big: http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-217.jpg)

Choose: I really like to screenshot men running/everybody needs a skillin' porch

(Big: http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-225.jpg)

Others:
http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-218.jpg -- Family of four enjoys a quiet evening

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-220.jpg -- Must be nice to have your own gym!

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-226.jpg -- The power of underwear

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/SanEsteban/Screenshot-221.jpg -- Random starter home for a business-oriented sim

(Do people like the look of the lots that I've shown in this post and the screenshot'd one before? I'm trying to make a bunch of houses to load with the custom town, but I'm not exactly an expert architect!)

...man, I just had to delete my old post and then add this one to add a few more screenshots. Editing on this forum has been pretty borked for me... it took me several tries earlier today to fix a typo!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 May 25, 18:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spy a washing machine.  Can we be sure there is no laundry feature in this game?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Blaise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 May 25, 19:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Inge. That is the "Festus 44" stove.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 May 25, 19:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can also install your downloads "on the fly", ie: as the game is running and use them immediately, at least as far as lots and sims. I was able to add another "world" by copying the sunsetvalley file to the downloaded worlds folder, but the name remained the same even though I changed the file name.

did it work though?

The world worked easily enough, it's just annoying how both versions have the same name and don't keep place order.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Download Fresh Mountain -- Plenty of new YA Genes to pollinate!
« Reply #38 on: 2009 May 26, 01:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annnd now, a semi-now 'hood is available in the first post. If it works, you'll be able to create sims with annoying and oddly-dressed CAS neighbors instead of annoying and oddly-dressed EA-made neighbors.

Features multiple hues, a creepy stalker, too much blush makeup and a bunch of new houses, including four starter homes designed by Craze (and many other inhabited houses designed from the ground up).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Download Fresh Mountain -- Plenty of new YA Genes to pollinate!
« Reply #39 on: 2009 May 26, 01:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, with a topic like "Download Fresh Mountain", you narrowly avoided becoming a casualty of the Nuke Spammer button. Tongue Don't make thread titles that look like spamvertising, it's unsafe for your health.

TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Brokeback/Fresh Mountain -- Plenty of new YA Genes to pollinate!
« Reply #40 on: 2009 May 26, 01:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll bite, how did you get a green sim? I assume it's not really an alien?
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2009 May 26, 01:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make green (or blue, or pink, or anything on the color wheel) sims in CAS now.

JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 May 26, 01:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LULz at the Topic name.
So this meaning there is alot of YA Males at the picking yeah? Haha! I hope there are so YA-Females in the mix.

Smile.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2009 May 26, 05:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, the hood only had my sim's house and a police rabbit-hole, one playable, 3 npcs, and two co-workers. I went to edit town, to buldoze those two things in order to share the empty hood, and I had the option to buldoze 3 or 4 empty plots of land. In other words, it looks like the unplayables that exist in a hood with no houses wll occupy random empty plots of land. I had no option to switch households, so maybe they didn't occupy them, it may be a random thing.

This actually may be correct, or at least partly.  My sim lives across the street from a house which used to be occupied by three female roommates, one of which was one of my sim's co-workers, and since she now wants to be friends with all the co-workers I've been having her go across the street and visit.  However, I recently noticed that the co-worker never seemed to be at home, and when I went into Edit Town mode she wasn't in the family portrait of that house either, nor did she appear in the portraits of any of the other occupied lots.  Eventually I just had my sim invite her over to socialize, and then watched where she went when she left.  Basically, she took a taxi to an empty residential lot, walked to the middle of the lot, and disappeared.  Clicking on the empty lot in Edit Town does not bring up the name of a family, and there is no option to visit it in-game.  I put a house on the lot in Edit Town, but there is no one listed as living there.  Maybe the co-worker is now living inaccessibly on some other empty lot?  Strange.  I've been burying the newspaper under the foundation, so there may have been an announcement of the move that I missed.

Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 May 26, 11:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LULz at the Topic name.
So this meaning there is alot of YA Males at the picking yeah? Haha! I hope there are so YA-Females in the mix.

Available YA males:
-Anderson Cooper
-[Something] Zewet (Blue)
-Wertz Hangover

There are three more that, if you're a by-the-bio story player, could easily be broken out of relationships (the gay couple and Daedra Sunfellow's prey).

Available YA females:
-Nellie Asatan
-Jessica Schooler
-[Something] Bommshel
-Polly Technician (Green)
-Tracy Goodwin

Oddly enough, there aren't any YA females I can think of that could (story-wise) be easily un-relationship'd. Goes to show what I think of each gender's integrity, I guess!
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 May 26, 19:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@rufio

That reminds me. I followed the mail woman and she also dissapeared into thin air in one of the lots. It was near the edge of the hood, so I didn't figure out she actually lived there, but apparently she did. (I wonder what would happen in a hood with same number of sims and a bit more housing. Would a career building generate more employees than the (apparently) minimum of two?)

Anyway, townies and npcs are just as homeless as they always were. But there is a population cap, related to number of structures in hood. Otherwise, Empty Valley would be littered with new sims (or at least old playables coming back) but it wasn't.

Deadclown
Asinine Airhead

RESIDENT PSYCHO

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 May 26, 22:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My stupid gene keeps kicking in and I can't figure out that familyfunds cheat. Do you type the "[]"s ?

The doc fixed your arteries! That's ka-blamo!
your mouthwash is gargly! That's ka-blamo!
your water is watery! That's ka-blamo!
I majored in pottery! NOT KABLAMO.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 May 26, 23:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to use the cheat testingcheatsenabled true first, then if you wanted to set the Wan-Goddard household to 12,376 bucks you would type familyfunds Wan-Goddard 12,376.
noblesse_oblige
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 May 27, 01:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for sharing this.  I was starting to really hate the EAxis townies in Sunset Valley - too many fug faces and fat genes.  Plus, I love "Harrison Ford" and "Rachel Bommshel", lol.   Cheesy  Great work.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 May 27, 05:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't mind the townies, other than the Goths/Bachelors. However, how many instances can you play with the same old sims? This was the same issue with the Pleasantview townies, who I really didn't mind that much but was sick of after four custom 'hoods. I'm planning on using the empty one.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: