More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:05:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it  (Read 273568 times)
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it
« Reply #450 on: 2009 June 03, 17:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disabling internet completely also gets rid of the message. Something in the authentication process, perhaps? Moar experimentation in the works.

Edit: it must be doing some sort of check at start up for SOMETHING - what that something is I have no idea. Blocking all internet connections when first firing the launcher up results in no "non-final, unauthorized copy" warning.

On the TS3 site, some are saying that cleaning cache and cookies of all internet browsers that you have will fix the problem.

After deleting cookies and cache in Firefox and I.E., the launcher no longer displays the unauthorized message. Multiple launcher loads and a computer restart yields the same results. I'm tentatively calling it fixed, thanks Phyllis!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2009 June 03, 18:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What an odd fix. What, were they blocking you from playing the game if you visit pirating sites?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2009 June 03, 18:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What an odd fix. What, were they blocking you from playing the game if you visit pirating sites?

No idea.  I thought it odd myself.  I didn't even have any speculations, so maybe you've hit upon it.

@crunk: I'm glad it worked :-)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2009 June 03, 18:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow..if they would put as much work into fixing the game issues that they do in creating ways to keep us honest, it might be a really amazing game.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2009 June 03, 18:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow..if they would put as much work into fixing the game issues that they do in creating ways to keep us honest, it might be a really amazing game.

Hell, it could have been worth staying "honest" for. 

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
rosemary
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2009 June 03, 20:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been reading that running the game in windowed mode may be a short term fix for freezing and black screens Smiley
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2009 June 03, 20:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have now installed the legal copy and it does seem to play smoother than the Reloaded version.  My video card is running a cooler temperatures consistently now.  However, I'm still having problems with the game randomly closing (no error message, it just disappears) and it's not due to overheating.  My CPU is consistently between 30-35 degrees while playing and the video card was at 66 and 71 degrees the two times it closed this morning.
I'm having the same problem. It doesn't seem to be getting too hot but I don't really know. I'm running 64 bit Win 7 is that could be anything. It happened with and without the launcher, I didn't really know what to try. Any help would be appreciated.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Fubuki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2009 June 03, 21:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone experiencing the "Unauthorized copy" issue with a legit game found a work around? I uninstalled, used the ccleaner, and reinstalled - only to have the same message pop up. Suggestions are welcome.

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=ankuvozj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_faqid=22234

Well, according to EA, it's because you still have programs installed that they have issue with. Like MagicISO or Daemontools.

Those miserable bastards - I uninstalled Daemontools and the screen went away. On the upside, that answered my questions about random traces of stuff left on my system from the pirated version.

EA's site says that you only have to "disable" Daemon Tools; it doesn't say anything about uninstalling it. Do you actually have to remove it completely to fix the problem? I ask because this may affect my decision to purchase the "official" version of the game.
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2009 June 03, 21:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have managed to get the horrid lines off of my sims, I had changed a setting in my ATI driver when trying to fix the crashing to desktop problem. The crashing is still happening though. I've tried a fair amount to try and sort it, but nothing. I have been using that FPS tool, and it still happens. My computer is capable of playing it, but it doesn't want to.
If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it.
My system specs are:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: FUJITSU SIEMENS
       System Model: GA-8I915PM
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
             Memory: 1024MB RAM
          Page File: 452MB used, 3543MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series
     Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
        Chip type: RADEON X600 (0x5B62)
         DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5B62&SUBSYS_0490174B&REV_00
   Display Memory: 256.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6925 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
 Driver Date/Size: 2/25/2009 22:41:10, 325120 bytes

Any help I would very much appreciate.

Could someone please try and help with this? I'm at my wits end trying to fix it when I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm not good with computers.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2009 June 03, 22:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone please try and help with this? I'm at my wits end trying to fix it when I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm not good with computers.

Dude, it's nothing against you personally, people still just do not know. I'm sure when someone finds the common denominator to peoples crashes then they will cry it from the rooftops. Currently there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern and it is happening on various different card. Some people with the same cards aren't even experiencing the same crashing.
Maybe it's related to the memory leak?

Anyway, just reporting that those crashes that I experienced in the beginning have not happened at all again, even after leaving the game minimized overnight. Seriously, is Ea just incapable to creating a game without a memory leak?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 04, 01:18:18 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2009 June 03, 23:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone experiencing the "Unauthorized copy" issue with a legit game found a work around? I uninstalled, used the ccleaner, and reinstalled - only to have the same message pop up. Suggestions are welcome.

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=ankuvozj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_faqid=22234

Well, according to EA, it's because you still have programs installed that they have issue with. Like MagicISO or Daemontools.

Those miserable bastards - I uninstalled Daemontools and the screen went away. On the upside, that answered my questions about random traces of stuff left on my system from the pirated version.

EA's site says that you only have to "disable" Daemon Tools; it doesn't say anything about uninstalling it. Do you actually have to remove it completely to fix the problem? I ask because this may affect my decision to purchase the "official" version of the game.

I haven't tried re-installing DT to figure that out. My issue with the launcher not displaying properly was only resolved by deleting cache and cookies in all internet browsers on my computer.
zombiekim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: 2009 June 04, 02:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right, I've been trying to get the Razor version downloaded/extracted/working all day (not being that sophisticated, arr-wise), and now I can't seem to install. Couldn't find anyone else having this problem, but hopefully someone smarter than me can figure it out.
A minute or so after setup starts, I get this error:
"CRC Error: The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Caches\Sunset Valley.objectcache doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor."
While I commend grammar-challenged EA's attempt at a punctuation with that semicolon, there, I still have no clue what they're talking about.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2009 June 04, 03:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right, I've been trying to get the Razor version downloaded/extracted/working all day (not being that sophisticated, arr-wise), and now I can't seem to install. Couldn't find anyone else having this problem, but hopefully someone smarter than me can figure it out.
A minute or so after setup starts, I get this error:
"CRC Error: The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Caches\Sunset Valley.objectcache doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor."
While I commend grammar-challenged EA's attempt at a punctuation with that semicolon, there, I still have no clue what they're talking about.

Cyclic redundancy check. It's trying to verify that the file is correct. I had the same issue. I never fixed it, I just kept pressing retry until I finally just hit "ignore" on the error. It will finish the install. However, I believe that my hood file was corrupted because of that. I had crashing on certain lots and panning across the hood. That was with the reloaded version. I downloaded the Razor version and the new ISO did not have that problem. Replacing the Sunset Valley.objectcache in program files, after you get it installed that is, with another working one that someone supplies you would probably work without you having to re download all over again.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
zombiekim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: 2009 June 04, 03:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! Thank you very much. Now I know what to do--and also that I didn't just completely screw it up myself. Always a good thing.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2009 June 04, 22:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm still getting a black or gray screen in game after trying everything that's been suggested to me, so I contacted XFX support. They suggested I install and run 3DMark06 a few times in a row. I ran it 3 times, and it was fine. But an hour later, I ran it again, and just a few minutes in, I got this error:

IDirect3DDevice9:: Present failed: Device lost (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)

Does anyone happen to know what this means? I'm actually afraid my video card is dying. I've only owned it for 4 months now, but the fact that it didn't start messing up until 3 weeks ago and has gotten worse over that time makes me think so. I've tried everything else I can possibly think of. Later on tonight, my brother's going to let me try installing his 8800GTS to see if I can run TS3 with that. I guess if it runs, then it proves it's my video card.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2009 June 05, 15:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the reloaded or razor nocd crack is working for the retail version? Or is it even needed considering the lack of SecuROM?

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2009 June 05, 15:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the reloaded or razor nocd crack is working for the retail version? Or is it even needed considering the lack of SecuROM?

I read in another thread (discussing whether there were any differences between RZR and Retail) that they are apparently exactly the same, as the RZR crack works on the retail version just fine.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2009 June 05, 16:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the razor nocd crack on my retail version.  No problems reported.  The razor crack's .exe is the same version as the retail's original .exe.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2009 June 05, 16:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet. I need to find the Razor crack then, I previously had the Reloaded version.

Clampdairyola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2009 June 05, 22:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the razor nocd crack on my retail version.  No problems reported.  The razor crack's .exe is the same version as the retail's original .exe.

Will that crack enable me to play? I get this after loading the game.

I've tried everything. I have no emulation software. I never downloaded the pirated version and I'm stumped. I really hate to wait for EA to fix this problem. I want to play now! lol
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2009 June 05, 23:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will that crack enable me to play? I've tried everything. I have no emulation software. I never downloaded the pirated version and I'm stumped. I really hate to wait for EA to fix this problem. I want to play now! lol

Are you running from the launcher (don't do that).  Try downloading the crackfix and install the TS3.exe file you find there in the place of the game's original TS3.exe (rename the original one something else or save it somewhere else).  Run the game from the TS3.exe, not from the launcher.

Tribulatio proxima est
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2009 June 05, 23:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the Reloaded version on my computer. It ran beautifully. Went out today and bought the original game from the shop. I unistalled the reloaded game and prepared to installed the retail one only the drive won't see there's a disk in it. I have now reinstalled the Reloaded version. It still works beautifully. I suppose the 50$ I paid for the retail game were actually for access to the EA forums.  Sad
MaNuSa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2009 June 06, 10:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a horrible problem with The Sims 3. The trees are seem to be like images. I have taken some photos:

I think it's a bug because when I approaching the camera, one or two trees appear.

Also, I have a problem with my own sims. Their hair doesn't appear. It seems to be like a wig.

Can you help me, please? I have updated my drivers. My graphics card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450. Should I reinstall the game?

Thank you Cheesy.
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: 2009 June 06, 13:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

M'kay. I know I'll be shot down as a n00b, but I can only play for 20 minutes or less in a clip before a crash to desktop. This normally happens during normal play, but happened once in CAS when I tried to change root hair color. I just bought a new ASUS AH3450, ATI. I tworked some settings in-games down, with absolutely no effect. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I neglected to mention I have the retail copy.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 06, 15:33:26 by Ichigo » Logged

ENFP. God help you all.
LadyVatrovia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2009 June 06, 14:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehya,

I'm LadyVatrovia's hubby, I do the grunt work for her to play.

I have a question about the launcher, please excuse if this is not the appropriate place to ask, I've never been here, but I see talk about the launcher in this thread.
If someone directs me out of this thread to one more appropriate, that will be fine

If this launcher is the protocol that will connect to the EA store and download stuff, what does one do when the Sims is installed to a platform of its own? No network, no connection, not even so much as a NIC installed.

Thanks,

D
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: