More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:00:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it  (Read 274124 times)
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it
« Reply #100 on: 2009 May 21, 02:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has any had any luck installing it on a Vista 64 bit system? I tried and it says it's not compatible with my version of Windows. Three days downloading the damn thing, I never thought I wouldn't be able to use it. Sad pirate cat is sad.

oh no! I have vista 64 bit and I am halfway through my download  Sad.

Maybe there is a way to run it on the 32 bit. Maybe in the programs file not the programs x86 file?

noblesse_oblige
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 May 21, 02:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe there is a way to run it on the 32 bit. Maybe in the programs file not the programs x86 file?

Maybe. All I know is that I hit the setup app and it told me it wasn't compatible.
That's strange.  I have Vista 64-bit, and it works fine on my computer.  I've been playing for the last two days straight, no crashes even.   I didn't get a compatibility message when I tried to install it, though.  Did the pop-up specifically mention Vista 64-bit?
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 May 21, 02:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe. All I know is that I hit the setup app and it told me it wasn't compatible.
That's strange.  I have Vista 64-bit, and it works fine on my computer.  I've been playing for the last two days straight, no crashes even.   I didn't get a compatibility message when I tried to install it, though.  Did the pop-up specifically mention Vista 64-bit?

oh good. My download will continue then... I also have the thing on pre-order and my spawns are dying to play, I was afraid I was going to have to disappoint them..

noblesse_oblige
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 May 21, 03:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"This version of the file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."
That's what it says.
What SP do you have installed with Vista?  I read the readme that came with my iso, but it didn't say anything about not being compatible with Vista 64.  BUT, make sure you have SP1 with Vista.  That's what the game was made to work with, and that's what the readme specifically referenced. If you have SP2 or SP3, that could be what's causing the problems.  Maybe?  I'm shit with troubleshooting; and, if it's not the SP issue, I really don't know what could be the problem.  You may have gotten a version that's not compatible with Vista 64 - if that's even possible.

If it helps, I downloaded my copy from Netload; that's the one that is compatible with Vista 64 for me.
Panastasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 May 21, 03:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Vista 64-bit and it works fine on my computer.

Random tidbit:  If you pull up the cheat window and type in "jokeplease" (sans punctuation), you get a random joke, one of which was, "Did you hear about that new pirate movie?  It's rated ARRRR!"
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 May 21, 03:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think Vista has an SP2 or SP3 yet, actually.
noblesse_oblige
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 May 21, 04:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think Vista has an SP2 or SP3 yet, actually.
Really?  I thought Vista did.  Oh well, then I have no idea why it wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 21, 04:39:29 by noblesse_oblige » Logged
reddgiraffe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 May 21, 05:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be a bad idea for me, full of complete noob-ishness, to even think of downloading the torrent?

Meh.
Long time lurker. Currently at noob status.
*Takes notes on how to behave on MATY. Reads as follows:
Do not thank anyone
Do not be an ass*
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 May 21, 05:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be a bad idea for me, full of complete noob-ishness, to even think of downloading the torrent?

No way! It are easy.

reddgiraffe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it
« Reply #109 on: 2009 May 21, 05:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okie dokie. Can somebody explain to me how to do it and where I can get the torrent in the first place?

Meh.
Do not thank anyone
Do not be an ass*
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 May 21, 05:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, come now. You can at least use your brain enough to use a search engine on a torrent website.

reddgiraffe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 May 21, 05:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, yeah. You're right. I'm just tired and my brain is malfunctioning. Sims 3 will have to wait til tomorrow. Night, everybody. I'll try to be on in the morning to see if people's opinions of sims 3 can get any shittier.

Meh.
Do not thank anyone
Do not be an ass*
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 May 21, 06:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to learn how torrents work. That should be your first google search. Then google how to mount .iso files, and how to extract them. Then it would cease to be a bad idea.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 May 21, 06:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After a lengthy session of play, I tried to save and quit. It did its usual "Saving..." thing for a while and then spat an error message at me: "error code 13," which according to the readme is a post-save callback failure, whatever that means.

Oddly, it didn't give me any errors when I went through Save As... (after I realized I was accidentally saving over my first file.) But any other means, even after saving under a different name, gives me the same error.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 May 21, 06:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to learn how torrents work. That should be your first google search. Then google how to mount .iso files, and how to extract them. Then it would cease to be a bad idea.

Or she could just read our FAQ, which includes brief step-by-step instructions on how to torrent.

All these newcomers turning up and asking how to torrent.  It would appear that none of them have bothered to even glance at the list of contents in the FAQ.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 May 21, 08:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how I learned.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 May 21, 10:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I don't know where to post this but I was trying to install TS3 and when it goes halfway through, it can't find the 'da-DK' directory... anyone know how to fix it, or mind giving me the .dll file in there?  Undecided

BTW, this is the directory: 'F:\Game\Bin\bin\da-DK' though the 'da-DK' doesn't exist on it...  Undecided

« Last Edit: 2009 May 21, 14:07:27 by Erry » Logged

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 May 21, 14:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, there is only SP 1, which I obviously have. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I've noticed the instructions I've found are for XP and not Vista. Could that be my problem? I click mount the image through daemon, then I click the ISO, open folder to view files, and then I double click Sims3Setup (application). I tried to download the one you have but it's the same one so it just started seeding it. I've obviously got the right one but I have to be doing something wrong or my computer is just being a bitch.

Nah - you do it exactly the same way with Vista: mount the image, click the exe - exactly the same.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2009 May 21, 14:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have a PM Erry Smiley

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 May 21, 15:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah - you do it exactly the same way with Vista: mount the image, click the exe - exactly the same.

Then I'm out of ideas and getting kinda frustrated. If I'm doing it right, have the right file etc why the heck is it saying it's not compatible? I've been trouble shooting, googling and reading for hours. I got nothing.

What do you see when you mount the image (.iso)?  Daemon should have created a virtual drive that essentially operates as the game DVD.  You mount the .iso in that drive.  The files should then be visible on that drive.  You should be able to install from there as easily as if you had a disk in a physical DVD drive.  Not happening?

Tribulatio proxima est
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #120 on: 2009 May 21, 16:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way guys, not a n00b Ive been here before but just registered again since I lost my old screenname. So where am I supposed to download this? I know of a download, but Im worried of viruses and want to try it out and help ya'll alittle. Linkage would be great in a message or something. Smiley
snowluv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 May 21, 16:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am such a phailure. I downloaded this from Mininova after downloading and installing Vuze to handle the torrent. It saved it as a zip file. I waited and waited  26 hours for it to finish downloading. Got home from work this morning and opened the zip file. And nothing in there makes any effin' sense. Why didn't it save the download in WinRAR? When I opened my WinRAR it showed the download as still being a zip file. Nothing in the folder says The Sims3 install.exe. Aaand... the date on the setup.exe is April 18th. If I weren't so damn tired I'd probably be banging my head on my desk.  I am not a stupid person ( please hurl heavy objects now ) but this whole thing has me gritting my teeth and using language more befitting a true pirate.  Tongue

I send my apologies to Phyllis because I have proven myself to be a very inept student.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 May 21, 16:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@snowluv:  What's in the zip folder?  We can't help you make sense of it if you don't tell us.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 May 21, 16:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I don't know where to post this but I was trying to install TS3 and when it goes halfway through, it can't find the 'da-DK' directory... anyone know how to fix it, or mind giving me the .dll file in there?  Undecided

BTW, this is the directory: 'F:\Game\Bin\bin\da-DK' though the 'da-DK' doesn't exist on it...  Undecided

[snip]

It's possible your download might have gotten corrupted or is incomplete, I don't know. I did check my directory, though, and have the file if you want to give it a shot. *shrug*

I sing along with elevator music.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 May 21, 16:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erry, it sounds like you are trying to install the game in Danish...
Try installing it in English instead.

BTW, I have never installed the game in my native Norwegian even once. Maybe I should try that sometime?

INTJ
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: