More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 16:43:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it  (Read 273942 times)
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
Re: Technical problems with THE HORROR: downloading, installing, and running it
« Reply #525 on: 2009 June 13, 00:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried copying the Bin folder to the desktop, adding the cracked files to it, and then adding it back to the Game folder, but still I get the message that it's read-only.  Is that what you mean?  Or perhaps I am missing something?

This may sound horribly obvious, but you are adding the cracked files to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 etc., right?  Not the drive you have mounted with the image?

I am a fucking idiot.

Thank you.
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2009 June 13, 01:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When using the awesome mod are we supposed to do anything with the .exe file to run the game with no cd, or the mod do the trick all by itself?
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2009 June 13, 23:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally broke down and decided to try it.  I'm not sure how well it will work since my CPU speed is only 1.8GHz (with XP, and all other requirements are met).

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone who might be wondering the same thing:

Meeting or beating all of the other system requirements seems to make up for the slightly lower than recommended CPU speed.  The game doesn't run incredibly fast (I do get a lot of lag sometimes, especially moving from close-up to far-out views), but I haven't had any crashing issues and the graphics are set to medium/high.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2009 June 14, 00:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else finding that saving the game takes about 5-10 actual minutes?

I swear it didn't take this long yesterday, when I fired up the game after installed it. But then again, that was when Sunset Valley in my game actually appeared normal; before it mysteriously split into two separate planes of existence making it practically unplayable.
hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2009 June 14, 01:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims3_1.0.632.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe

Sims3_1.0.632.00107_from_1.0.631.00107.exe

The rar files are named slightly differently to that above, in case The Box is looking for any specific files. I'm probably just being paranoid, but hey.

I only saw the two patch files mentioned on MATY, not sure if there were more.

ETA: 1.0.631.00002 is for the DVD/RZR release.
1.0.631.00107 is for the Digital Download release of the game.
Cheers Kralore.
So, I'm a moron and a noob (beat you to it); these are to patch the reloaded version to a more recent one? 1.0.631.00002 for razor and 1.0.631.00107 digital download?
'Cause I was looking for the reloaded to razor patch on piratebay but there were a lot of crashing//failure issues but I would quite like to be able to use store things.

Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2009 June 14, 01:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm a moron and a noob (beat you to it)

We actually prefer making our own judgements in these matters.  We are perfectly capable of judging your idiocy without your help.  It is also unnecessary, gratuitous, and idiotic to declare yourself an idiot when you may not be one.

Oh, look, a conundrum!

Tribulatio proxima est
hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2009 June 14, 01:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm a moron and a noob (beat you to it)

We actually prefer making our own judgements in these matters.  We are perfectly capable of judging your idiocy without your help.  It is also unnecessary, gratuitous, and idiotic to declare yourself an idiot when you may not be one.

Oh, look, a conundrum!
Ok great.
Any input on my crack question?

Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2009 June 15, 10:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No mine saves in about 30 seconds, though if I make extensive changes to the town, about a minute.

So, I'm a moron and a noob (beat you to it); these are to patch the reloaded version to a more recent one? 1.0.631.00002 for razor and 1.0.631.00107 digital download?
'Cause I was looking for the reloaded to razor patch on piratebay but there were a lot of crashing//failure issues but I would quite like to be able to use store things.

Those are EA patches that seem to have no real purpose, not what you are looking for. You can use store items with the reloaded release by the way.
hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2009 June 15, 12:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thanks, I installed the store stuff anyway, but I'd like to be able to use Awesomemod and whatnot with my game.
I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet when temptation proves too much and cross all my appendages hoping my game doesn't implode.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2009 June 15, 13:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thanks, I installed the store stuff anyway, but I'd like to be able to use Awesomemod and whatnot with my game.
I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet when temptation proves too much and cross all my appendages hoping my game doesn't implode.

Were you to read the thread, you would find that there is a reloaded-Razor patch around somewhere.  This would upgrade your game to the final version (Razor).  There is also a Razor crackfix that would provide you with the no-cd crack for the final version.  The Awesomemod also includes a no-cd option.

Torrents of these things have been reported to be somewhat slow.

Tribulatio proxima est
hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2009 June 15, 14:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were you to read my original post, you would find that I am fully aware of this patch, seeing as that's what my question was regarding.
Were you to read my second post, you would find that I am hesitant in downloading the patch due to reported implosion.

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2009 June 15, 16:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, and I've checked the thread and I don't think anyone else has raised this issue.

I've installed the game on my Mac (yeah I've got Leopard and all that) and the game just freezes when I attempt to open it.

So, I've tried to install it on my PC but I've got an I/O Device error. Is this fixable?  Huh

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2009 June 15, 17:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea about the PC, but on Mac... first, it's an Intel-based Mac, right?
Second; it could be a difficulty to read from the drive (securomwhatever check, etc.) You could try with a no-dvd crack and see if it starts.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2009 June 15, 18:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea about the PC, but on Mac... first, it's an Intel-based Mac, right?
Second; it could be a difficulty to read from the drive (securomwhatever check, etc.) You could try with a no-dvd crack and see if it starts.

2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I have no idea what that means...I'm awful with computers.

anemiclampshade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2009 June 20, 20:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys, nooblet here. So every time I go to use the Sims 3, my laptop bluescreens. I did just max out the graphics settings right before the bluescreening started, and so I figure that has something to do with it, but now that it bluescreens while loading the Sims 3, there's no way for me to change the graphics settings back. So, what's the best way to go about this? Should I just abandon hope and reinstall it, or is there something else I can do?
reese
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2009 June 20, 20:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I'm a moron who somehow managed to delete her SunsetValley.objectCache file. I didn't even realize I'd gone into that folder, but hey. I guess I'll leave this up for anyone else who is a dumdum.

I've skimmed through this thread a few times and I haven't seen this yet, but forgive me if I've missed something.

I've been playing with no problems for quite some time, and today I installed a bunch of custom content using delphy's installer. Things were fine. Then, I tried to install Riverview, using the damned Launcher, and it just never installed. I wanted to check, even though I couldn't find the files anywhere on my computer, so I loaded the game up. Riverview is definitely -not- installed, but I got a nice gift -  I have two games, and both of them look like this now:

My neighbourhood seems to be underneath its own terrain. Whether it's at a house or the map view. I'm also having problems with rendering furniture and sims (as in, they either just don't render or they take a long time to do so). I'm awfully confused, does anyone have any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 20, 23:07:27 by reeseinpieces » Logged
T-man
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2009 June 21, 01:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I obtained the pre-Razor version, installed, cracked, and loaded. It loaded fine, but I tried to go into CAS. Froze computer, needed reboot. Tried again. BOOM. Third time crashed on trying to load a pre-made. Is it a problem with my version, or computer?

Specs:
Windows XP
AMD Anthlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.2GHz
1GB ram

I am getting the Razor version now. Please let it be a pre-build error
hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2009 June 21, 03:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I obtained the pre-Razor version, installed, cracked, and loaded. It loaded fine, but I tried to go into CAS. Froze computer, needed reboot. Tried again. BOOM. Third time crashed on trying to load a pre-made. Is it a problem with my version, or computer?

Specs:
Windows XP
AMD Anthlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.2GHz
1GB ram

I am getting the Razor version now. Please let it be a pre-build error

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus/t/analysis2.tmpl?registration_option_id=8077 go there, see if you can run it. Your specs seem too low to me, but I'm not interested enough to look into it more.

T-man
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2009 June 21, 03:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a picture of the results. I ran System Labs before I obtained it. http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3384/75055627.png

McCrea
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2009 June 21, 20:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a problem with my version, or computer?
I ran System Labs ...

I not trying to brush you off, I'm just... tactless.

So what do you want?  Your specs are fine, any game version is fine.  Do you want the list of what the probablem might be?  Drivers, check all your drivers.  Anal retentive people like me will tell you to update your bios.  Don't forget the chipset.  Some components may have firmware you can update.  Cautious people will tell you not to update your BIOS, since, hey, if that goes wrong your computer won't start at all.  Of course, some updates can cause problems, so don't update unless you have a problem.  You do have a problem, right?  Have you spent a couple hours at WindowsUpdate recently?  Shut off all those unneeded services.  How's the CPU / GPU / XYZ temperature?  Voltages? Some would tell you to defrag, and I would tell them to shove it.  Scandisk actually fixes things though.  ET CETERA, ET ALIA, and SOWAN.

You probably get my drift; I just wanted to reply to your rather insubstantial last post.

P.S. Try turning each graphic setting to minimum (at the main menu)
P.P.S And most of us would try reinstalling at least once before any hard work as I suggested above.  After uninstalling, dont forget to manually delete the game directories (program files and my documents) for completeness's sake.
P.P.P.S. Just guessing at what you actually want to know.  You asked about your game version, so I'll clarify:  If you went and bought the retail version, I would fully expect that to crash on you too.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 21, 23:30:32 by McCrea » Logged
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2009 June 25, 00:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem as well.  It started roughly two weeks ago, around week 90 in a town where I was doing lots of house hopping with no aging or storymode, at least to the best of awesomemodZ ability at the time.  Now, at 187 weeks or so, saving takes 8-12 minutes, as does switching to the main menu or even exiting the game.  Very frustrating.  I was at the point of saving, then ending the process rather than quit through the game.  This caused problems so I deleted the cache files at each start-up.  Now that awesomemodZ is so elaborate and deeply woven into the game, simply deleting the cache files won't do the trick and CTDs are all I get until I remove awesomemodZ, start-up, quit, reinstall awesomemodZ.  This is not an issue with fresher testing games, everything is back to normal with those.

Apparently that particular town and all its saves are borked, or perhaps this is an issue when the town reaches a certain number of weeks?  What I'd also like to know is if there are any tools in the works that will go through and fix whatever is wrong within the save file itself?  I sure as heck can't fix it manually.    

Update for anyone experiencing this problem, or otherwise might actually give a shit:

The game update helps with the save--return to main menu--game exit times, cutting the time in half, plus, the 50/50 chance of getting an error 12 on save is gone, as this hasn't happened in six saves thus far.  Before, the ratio was consistent; one good save, one bad and getting worse.  However the other problem, that wasn't mentioned in efforts to keep short, has been made worse.  My system has no 12 nor 1AM issues, but with these borked saves, there exists a constant lag throughout the sim day that was fairly bearable.  With the update, the lag has made those files nearly unusable.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 26, 02:31:21 by Nimrod » Logged
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2009 June 28, 00:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of a sudden, the friggin' launcher has stopped working. Connected, not connected, every time I try to install something from the EA store I just get a message saying the launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. Back when I first installed the game I was able to get Riverview and the four furniture sets installed, but no hair or clothing.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game to try to fix the launcher problem, but it's still the same. This is a full copy of the retail game I dl'd from Demonoid. I'm using the rzr1911 crack.

Thanks for help.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: