More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:06:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No, the wolf is NOT stinky!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No, the wolf is NOT stinky!  (Read 9795 times)
InsanePsychoRabbit
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
No, the wolf is NOT stinky!
« on: 2009 May 20, 22:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, ever since I've installed AL, I've had this issue with adopted wolves staying 'stinky' even after being washed. That is, even if was JUST WASHED, sims will make the 'smells bad' gesture: popping up thought balloons with the critter's picture and then going "Ew!" and waving their hands, holding their nose, making barf gesture or etc. It doesn't happen with regular dogs, only adopted wolves.

I'm using MaryLou's wash-tub for dogs, but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with it; bathing the wolf in a regular bathtub doesn't make the sims stop doing the 'smells bad' gesture.

I'm running all EPs and SPs, and HCDU isn't showing any conflicts. I have one hack that alters pet aging, but I don't think I have anything affecting pet motives.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: No, the wolf is NOT stinky!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 20, 22:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe try turning controlpets on and using the lot debugger to nuke stuck SFX?  I know I was once playing around with debug mode and used it to set a stinky sim's hygiene to full, and had to do that to get rid of residual green fumes.  I don't remember if the other sims reacted to the fumes or if it was just a graphical thing, though.

Another thought - are they really doing a "smells bad" reaction?  A lot of neat sims that I have will make the "ew, gross" gesture upon seeing other sims do things like burp and eat sloppily, without there having to be any actual stinkiness.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

InsanePsychoRabbit
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 21, 13:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do play with controlpets on, but I haven't tried using the 'nuke stuck SFX' from the batbox yet.
Also, yes, they are seriously doing a 'smells bad' action, i see it in their queue and it says 'smells bad' when moused over.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 21, 14:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like the smell of wet dog either.   Cheesy

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 21, 20:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, I know dogs IRL that stink even when first coming back from the groomers. Dogs are gross and smell. Tongue

Maybe the chick is reacting to the mess the dog is making by shaking off water.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 21, 20:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wolves are naturally stronger-smelling animals, because they are pack hunters, unlike cats, which are solitary hunters. A cat relies on stealth to approach and kill its prey, and therefore, must not be detected by odor. A pack hunter like a wolf, on the other hand, doesn't need to be stealthy: It can instead simply use the smell of wolf to drive its prey downwind into the rest of the pack. So yes, this is why dogs smell.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 21, 21:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the 'stuck smelly dog' glitch for a very long time, before AL and not only with wolves. (I don't think the non-pack-leader wolves are any different from dogs anyway.) The smelly just... won't go away. I never did find out how to fix it.
InsanePsychoRabbit
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 21, 22:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the chick is reacting to the mess the dog is making by shaking off water.
No, she's a werewolf and has zero neat points. Also, I've seen walkbys making the 'smells bad' gesture.

I've had the 'stuck smelly dog' glitch for a very long time, before AL and not only with wolves. (I don't think the non-pack-leader wolves are any different from dogs anyway.) The smelly just... won't go away. I never did find out how to fix it.
Finally, someone who actually knows what I'm going through!
Actually wolves are treated differently than dogs ingame. I found out by poking around in SimPE that wolves have an NPC type of 0x002B whereas regular pets (as well as playable sims and townies) have an NPC type of 0x0000.

Which leads me to my real question: Is stuck wolf stinkiness something hard-coded in Pets and/or borked by a later EP, or is it caused by 'tight pants'?
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 21, 23:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have up to Free Time, and I too have suffered from the same glitch. Both of the dogs who suffered from it just so happened to be wolves though.

OT, but when you say you don't think non-pack-leader wolves are any different than regular dogs, I have to wonder if that's completely true. I have a lot with 2 wolves as pets, and they really seem to attract a lot of other non-pack-leader wolves to the lot. Every time I play that lot, it seems like I have at least two random wolves visiting the lot nearly constantly.

I wonder if all wolves in the game are meant to attract "packs."
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 22, 06:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, interesting. They do behave exactly like dogs, but it makes sense that they'd attract other wolves.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 22, 18:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It started with Pets, and I had mentioned it way back then. If the wolf gets hygiene into the red one time, it has perma-stink from then on - even after aging up. Happens only to wolves.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 22, 22:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, good to know what causes it at least.

I forgot to mention that moveobjects on/delete does fix the problem...apparently at least until the next time you slack on the washing.
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

INTP: the world exists to be observed

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 23, 02:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've seen this too.  In my game (Mac version with BV) if you bathe the wolf and then have a resident sim take him/her to a community lot off the lot for a walk, it appears to fix the problem.

It's been several months since I've had a wolf with a job but as I recall, if you bathe the wolf and then send him/her off to work the problem will be fixed when the wolf returns.

edit: correction
« Last Edit: 2009 May 23, 16:03:05 by Maygus » Logged

Game config: Mac version, first 6 EPs (Uni thru BV), Aspyr combo patch, no SPs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: