More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:40:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Good, the Bad, and the Randomly @Toaded
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Randomly @Toaded  (Read 109721 times)
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Randomly @Toaded
« Reply #150 on: 2009 June 01, 16:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does build a hidden blocks skill, which gives them logic skill once they become a child. My toddler had level three block skill and was promoted to level three logic skill as soon as she started playing chess for the first time.

The table builds logic skill?  My toddler used it to no effect.  She built her 3 pre-logic points using the little block sorter.  I made sure to have her use the table first, to ensure it wasn't actually building skill.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 05:39:44 by Roflganger » Logged

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 June 02, 04:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed how psychic these sims are?  In TS2 you could have a husband cheat on his wife in another room of the house and no one would ever be the wiser (unless they're woohoo-ing of course).  In TS3 the wife will storm to whatever room the husband is in and berate the guest for being rude.  The babies seem to have also inherited this psychic ability because when the husband moved in on his target again the baby got a negative ML because he (apparently) caught his dad cheating.  He wasn't even on the same floor, much less the same room as his father but I guess he's just sensitive to lewd behavior.   Roll Eyes

ETA:  Since everyone else put a disclaimer about being a lurker...  Blah blah blah, I lurked for years, blah blah blah [/lurk]

Marq
moonoverparadise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 June 02, 04:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a side note...someone tell me where the money tree is!?  I can't figure it out.

I got the money tree after around the 9th gardening skill level. I want to say I was awarded it rather than finding it. It came as a seed. Not as a tree, like it has in previous sims games. But since it comes as a seed, I see no reason why it can't be found somewhere throughout the town either. But then, how much do I really know?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 June 02, 05:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I planted one in a household, then have been playing another. The money tree grew from a sapling and is either harvestable one day and just showing mature the next. It seems to be stuck at "Excellent" status, though, and hasn't dropped a seed. I got mine from the catacombs.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 June 02, 05:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder if that one of the unknown seeds my sim keep picking up and hasn't grown much. I haven't played much this week, so my sim is at level 5.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 June 02, 07:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Money trees can be found as Special type seeds around town. Trouble is, that so can the flame bush, the life fruit bush, and the Death flower bush. So, basically you have a 1/4 chance of it being a money tree when you find a Special seed.

Once the money tree grows up, and starts being ready to harvest, there is a modest chance that it will drop a money tree seed. That can then be used to plant another one.

I just picked a whole lot of unknown special seeds and planted them. After around 40 seeds i had 6 money trees.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 June 02, 10:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA:  Since everyone else put a disclaimer about being a lurker...  Blah blah blah, I lurked for years, blah blah blah [/lurk]

Marq

If they all jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?  We can tell from your post count and your profile if you are new, and how long you've been here.  We can also tell from your username, that is right next to your post, who you are.  No need to sign your posts.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 2009 June 02, 12:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they all jumped off a bridge, would you do it too? 
Would that be a bad thing?  Roll Eyes
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 June 02, 16:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they all jumped off a bridge, would you do it too? 
Would that be a bad thing?  Roll Eyes

Not at all.  I was being hopeful. 

DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 June 02, 17:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My money tree seeds keep dropping seeds.  So now I have about six in the front yard.   I may have gotten them at level 4 or five but I'm not sure.  Then again money gets thrown at you for almost everything in this game so to me it's no big deal.

Interestingly though the repo man can't repossess any of my sims stuff.  She's a Mad scientist and had performed experiments on most of her stuff (including the toilet).   Twice he's come and left empty handed.  At first I thought it was a lucky game bug but apparently it's no glitch.   

He tries to take them and expresses frustration when he can't, moving from item to item attempting to grab it and finally stomping his feet when he can't get them and making a gesture like "forget it" and leaving unsatisfied.  Semi-amused me.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
funnykid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 June 02, 20:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the moving wall hangings vertically thing...that was what AL or M&G?  It was nice but really it's too recent to expect it to have made base TS3.  Look at spiral stair cases.  We didn't get them til Makin Magic for TS1 and it took til AL to get them in TS2.  I get what people are saying about a new game needing to be better than it's predecessor is NOW but that just isn't EA's M.O.

Actually, spiral staircases came in UL. SS brought curved staircases.
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 June 02, 21:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marq

We can tell from your post count and your profile if you are new, and how long you've been here.  We can also tell from your username, that is right next to your post, who you are.  No need to sign your posts.

What if Marq has been signing her posts letters before Hook was born?

That's why either you enforce the rules on everyone, or you don't have them.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 June 03, 03:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rules are meant to be enforced ESP. on noobs. IF you don't like it , well you know where the door is don't you?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 June 03, 03:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, there isn't really a RULE, it's just a pointless practice. It's only REALLY annoying when people insist on signing names that AREN'T EVEN THEIRS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 June 03, 03:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look. Check Hook's profile, especially his join date.

Now look at the join date of the people getting poked.

Hook's retardery was grandfathered in, because his retardery predated the MATY rules.

We don't deny that it is redundant, stupid and annoying, just that he is old and doing it deliberately to piss people off, and was doing it before other stupids thought it was a good idea to be redundant, stupid and annoying and then an even better idea to argue about why it is SO MEAN and UNFAIR that they are told to cease with that nonsense immediately.

On the plus side, we congratulate you for picking a most appropriate username.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=basura

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 June 03, 06:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't pick it because it was an urban word, I did it because it means trash in Spanish (my native language.)

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 June 03, 08:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't pick it because it was an urban word, I did it because it means trash in Spanish (my native language.)

Oh dear. You so cute.  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 June 03, 08:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In TS3 the wife will storm to whatever room the husband is in and berate the guest for being rude.  The babies seem to have also inherited this psychic ability because when the husband moved in on his target again the baby got a negative ML because he (apparently) caught his dad cheating.
The jealousy system is due to be overhauled in Awesomemod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 June 03, 11:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if Marq has been signing her posts letters before Hook was born?

That's why either you enforce the rules on everyone, or you don't have them.

Hook will get his punishment later.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 June 04, 07:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook is Hook. That's punishment enough.  Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ghanima Atreides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: 2009 June 04, 11:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone finished writing books yet?  One of my sims received an opportunity to donate three self-written books to the City Hall, so I had him work on that. Unfortunately, now that the books are done I can't seem to find a way to actually get them; I looked for some sort of "order copy of book" option on the phone, computer and mailbox, but got nothing. I tried the book store as well, but they weren't on the list. The only place I *did* find one of them was the library, but those books can't be purchased as far as I could tell.

Enemies strengthen; allies weaken.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 June 04, 11:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone finished writing books yet?  One of my sims received an opportunity to donate three self-written books to the City Hall, so I had him work on that. Unfortunately, now that the books are done I can't seem to find a way to actually get them; I looked for some sort of "order copy of book" option on the phone, computer and mailbox, but got nothing. I tried the book store as well, but they weren't on the list. The only place I *did* find one of them was the library, but those books can't be purchased as far as I could tell.

After the book is complete, a free copy should arrive in the mailbox.  I've also received them by joining the bookclub (this may be limited to bookworm Sims).

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Ghanima Atreides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2009 June 04, 11:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Oh. Were they delivered after a specific number of days? Granted, less than a week has passed since I finished them (I think...I did receive royalties for the first one) I guess I'll wait a couple of more days and see what happens, and look for that bookclub option. I don't think my non-Bookworm sim has it, but I might have missed it. Thanks for the answer!

ETA: You're right, mrowcat. They were there when I used the "Get Mail" option. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 05, 09:08:24 by Ghanima Atreides » Logged

Enemies strengthen; allies weaken.
mrowcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 June 04, 12:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Oh. Were they delivered after a specific number of days? Granted, less than a week has passed since I finished them (I think...I did receive royalties for the first one) I guess I'll wait a couple of more days and see what happens, and look for that bookclub option. I don't think my non-Bookworm sim has it, but I might have missed it. Thanks for the answer!

My author usually receives it the next day. Check the mailbox for the 'get mail' option.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 June 04, 16:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should also check the inventories of the sims on the lot, as it gets stuffed in there, if any of 'em went and got the mail themselves.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: