More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:11:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Good, the Bad, and the Randomly @Toaded
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Randomly @Toaded  (Read 110188 times)
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Randomly @Toaded
« Reply #75 on: 2009 May 22, 19:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never planted eggs and cheese, but they are used for fertilizer on the plants and bait for fishing.  Reminds me of the homemade, stinky kind my father use to make. Yuck! Caught really large catfish from it, but my sims can only get goldfish so far. Use that for fertilizer in the garden and bait.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 May 22, 19:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Putting cheese out in the garden doesn't give my Sim the option to plant it. Were you joking, confused, or does she need higher Gardening skill?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 May 22, 19:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When she got to the 3rd level for gardening, she wanted to fertilize the plants. I clicked lessons in the option panel to see what I needed to do and she had cheese in inventory that I didn't want to go bad. I can't figure out how to get it in the fridge, no matter what I read.

I clicked on cheese and eggs and she went to the garden and used it. She is at level 5 now. So I don't know if that makes a difference.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 May 22, 19:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you meant fertilize plants with cheese and eggs, not grow cheese and egg plants. Okay.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 May 22, 20:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to get the groceries and harvested food in the refrigerator? I can't figure it out and my sims have suffered with negative moodlets for spoiled food in the bum pack.  I have clicked on the appliances and stove to cook foods that they have in inventory, cause I shop by recipe, but they still get the items from the fridge and not the inventory.

anaximander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 May 22, 20:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to get the groceries and harvested food in the refrigerator? I can't figure it out and my sims have suffered with negative moodlets for spoiled food in the bum pack.  I have clicked on the appliances and stove to cook foods that they have in inventory, cause I shop by recipe, but they still get the items from the fridge and not the inventory.

Just drag it from the inventory to the fridge. Sounds stupid, but it works.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 May 22, 20:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read that you CAN plant eggs and cheese as well as fertilize with them, but need high gardening skill, very high. Didn't try it myself though.

ETA: I find it very very frustrating, that you need to drag supplies one by one. When I have 6 apples, 8 tomatoes and 5 grapes I'm thinking about eradicating those trees for good and never do gardening again. Maybe someone knows a shortcut, like holding a specific key?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 22, 20:18:14 by blackcat » Logged
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 May 22, 20:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that, it ended up on the floor. Then I had to get my sim to pick it up, to put it back in inventory.

Anarius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 May 22, 20:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Putting cheese out in the garden doesn't give my Sim the option to plant it. Were you joking, confused, or does she need higher Gardening skill?

You need to complete an opportunity then it gives the sim (family?) the ability to plant egg and cheese plants. Recently got another opportunity to bring in 10 excellent cheese plants that would have "a meaty suprise" haven't finished it yet, but it may give the ability to plant some types of meat.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 May 22, 20:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that, it ended up on the floor. Then I had to get my sim to pick it up, to put it back in inventory.

Fridge needs to be highlighted, when you point at it, then it means you are putting fruites inside. The same goes for books and bookcase, garbage and garbage can and objects to sim.  Alternatively, you can "open" fridge and drag supplies into the opened window.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 May 22, 20:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't tried the "open fridge" option. Will try that tonight. Thanks.

WandersFar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 May 22, 20:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like: Gems. Because of the high environment moodlet, they have a similar effect as snapdragons, but finding them and having them cut is a lot quicker than mastering the flower craftable in TS2.

Hate: "Your Sim is behaving inappropriately. If this behavior persists, I will have to ask them to leave." (Paraphrase.) Apparently 'inappropriate behavior' means showering during a sleepover, which results in your hosts running over to ogle you disapprovingly in the bath. The idea is interesting, but once again EAxian stupid fails in the execution.

Like: The "look in" function on windows. You can peer into neighbor's houses without being invited.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 May 22, 20:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read that you CAN plant eggs and cheese as well as fertilize with them, but need high gardening skill, very high. Didn't try it myself though.

ETA: I find it very very frustrating, that you need to drag supplies one by one. When I have 6 apples, 8 tomatoes and 5 grapes I'm thinking about eradicating those trees for good and never do gardening again. Maybe someone knows a shortcut, like holding a specific key?

I haven't found a shortcut for loading all food at once (grr), but if you click on the top left corner of the inventory item, it will select the entire stack.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 May 22, 20:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great!!! Thank you! I was starting to lose hope, that there is such an option.

Hate: "Your Sim is behaving inappropriately. If this behavior persists, I will have to ask them to leave." (Paraphrase.) Apparently 'inappropriate behavior' means showering during a sleepover, which results in your hosts running over to ogle you disapprovingly in the bath. The idea is interesting, but once again EAxian stupid fails in the execution.

I find this strange too. They are sleeping over after all, aren't they expected to shower in the morning and eat breakfast? And it seems that it is a two-way street, the sim you invited to sleepover won't shower and will starve to death unless you serve him something. And while you can serve to the guest, no one will serve to you, when you are a guest Sad
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2009 May 22, 21:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that just like with apartments, it's the selectable sim that "owns" the house and its objects while he is visiting.  He'd have to entertain his hosts to a meal instead.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 May 22, 21:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But he can't, cause it's  inappropriate. And the hosts eat perfectly well when they need to,  just don't serve to the guests  Tongue
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 May 22, 21:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you click and drag from the top left corner (the one that is slightly more blue than the background of the veggie of food) you can drag an entire stack to the fridg. That helps a lot in moving stuff.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 May 22, 23:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you meant fertilize plants with cheese and eggs, not grow cheese and egg plants. Okay.

Nope, grow them. My sim maxed out the garden skill, so I'm not sure exactly when the option appeared. You can also fertilize plants with other food ingredients, the hugher the quality of the fertilizer, the higher the quality of the plant.
snowluv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 May 23, 00:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also plant eggs and cheese, 'cause we all know that they come from a bush in real life too.

AS for the Omniplant, don't know where to find a seed, but there is one behind the geodesic dome. You "feed" it a fruit/vedg/etc, and that's what it grows.

I guess EA didn't want to mess things up by giving us real chickens and cows so we might produce these things in a non-magical way?  Grin
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 May 23, 04:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip about moving whole stacks of produce to the frige. My sim has been gardening a lot and as a result she had about 100 of each vegetable and it was too tedious to move one by one. Did anyone find a way to sell only certain produce to the store? It seems to sell everything in the inventory.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 May 23, 04:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click 'buy groceries'. The Buy window should come up, along with an accompanying Sell window there somewhere. That's how I remember it, anyway.
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 May 23, 15:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*delurk*

There are no memories and no records of "Opportunities" achieved, or anything else achieved.

This is one of the things that bothers me the most. I want memories and I want the photo album back. Those are how I keep my story straight even if I don't write a single word I still have record to refer to.

Same here.  Hell, I create memories in SimPE for my dormies and adults townies/downtownies and CAS adults!  What's the point of them doing anything if there're no memories?  And don't even talk about sims running around living their own lives! Hell no! TS3 just cannot work for micro-managing storytellers like so many of us are.

"Chaos, panic, disorder; my work here is done."
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 May 23, 23:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know is - why is the only way to see the relative value of the produce through that sell window? Planting better produce produces better produce but I have to go to the store and threaten to sell it before I can see what is better and what is not?! Phail.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 May 23, 23:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can hover over the produce in the inventory and get the condition of the produce. Also before harvest, hover over the plant and get an idea of the condition of the produce.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 May 24, 02:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Produce is stacked in my inventory and I have several plants. There is no definative type / level of produce in my inventory because nice is stacked with outstanding etc. I wish to replant the highest quality produce to improve my garden and fridge the rest. ATM I must go to the store and sell all which is below my desired planting level for the plants I wish to propogate to weed out the undesirables. Alternatively I can plant everything and delete the undesirables.

Either way I find it very undesirable myself.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: