More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:26:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Story Progression Toggle: Is it borked?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Story Progression Toggle: Is it borked?  (Read 98101 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Story Progression Toggle: Is it borked?
« Reply #125 on: 2009 May 29, 03:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and belated update on my earlier statement. Babies are popping up again, so Story Progression toggle is still ineffective in the later game version. Four new sprogs in two days.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 May 29, 12:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tests are currently being conducted in #grah. The Pumpkin may want to appear more often.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackjackii
Asinine Airhead

Zelda, your roots are showing!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 May 29, 19:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read in the paper that somebody died of starvation.  I also have had kids who I thought were doing their homework (because I saw them do it) grow up and deny me the option to choose a trait for them because of their "indifferent study habits." 

So this makes me think that when you're not looking Sims can do things like NOT do their homework and not EAT. 

Mikkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 May 29, 20:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Story Progression turned off doesn't work for me at all. In 8 sim days I've had 4 births, two deaths, one wedding, one new family in town and two moved away (including the one I made and played earlier - nice  Undecided )
And I checked, they really are gone.
Lyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 May 29, 20:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Story Progression enabled and Free Will on low for about 2 sim weeks and I haven't had anything happen.  None of my sims have gotten married, had babies, or moved away while I was playing another family.  I've been checking the paper and have seen from the neighborhood view that nothing has happened except the normal aging.  This seems very odd.
blackjackii
Asinine Airhead

Zelda, your roots are showing!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 May 30, 19:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe turning free will down to low is more effective than story progression off? 

vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 May 30, 19:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I read that turning Free Will on low is like giving your neighborhood a death wish? It may have just been complete speculation that has since been debunked, but if someone could confirm this for me, that would be great.
Mikkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 May 30, 19:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But shouldn't it work regardless of whether free will is high or low? Those settings are global, I don't want my sims to stand around waiting for every order, especially in large households. I assume low means they will only do something when their needs are in the red and otherwise just stand there, no?
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 May 30, 20:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where exactly in the newspaper does it say about sims moving away, dieing or getting married? Whenever my sim checks the newspaper there are only news about sporting events, chess tournaments and eating contests. From what I've noticed around the neighbourhood, the original townie sims are all still there and the houses I've entered had only one family in them. My game is set on high free will, epic lifespan, aging is disabled, story progression is on.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 May 30, 20:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where exactly in the newspaper does it say about sims moving away, dieing or getting married? Whenever my sim checks the newspaper there are only news about sporting events, chess tournaments and eating contests. From what I've noticed around the neighbourhood, the original townie sims are all still there and the houses I've entered had only one family in them. My game is set on high free will, epic lifespan, aging is disabled, story progression is on.

In the read part.

You can test it, invite a part full of sims over. All the ugly ones. Add them to family, drag their hunger to starvation, and then read the next day's paper. It will have lots of obits. Then you can be sure you are reading the right part.

Days nothing happens you only get athletics stories. And I have noticed that not all things appear int he paper. Babies appear without notice sometimes.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Mikkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 May 31, 12:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have now moved some of the adult kids out and turned free will on low. Now all my sims just stand around and story progression still doesn't work as it should. Two days after I turned it on low one of the sons adopted a baby (he didn't even have a job yet, just moved out of the parents' home) and some couple got married  Angry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 May 31, 13:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unrelated, and the baby parthenogenesis issue has been noted already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 May 31, 15:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stupidly recreated all of Pleasantview to match Bella and Mortimer.  I then made them all houses to match their needs and money status.  Decorated them, moved each family in and got them jobs. This part was fun.

Then I was playing with Mary-Sue in the park and noticed this old man carrying Darren Dreamer.  I was like...why??  Went to "Edit Town" and found:

The Lotharios just up and disappeared, the Dreamers MOVED in with the old couple, the Clavell's. and then Darleen Matlapin's (Dirk Dreamer's Mom) up and moved off the planet as well.  In one sim day!

No messages in the newspaper of their moves either Sad

Will this be fixed in the upcoming Awesomeness?  Why the hell can't the game move around the stupid EAxis townies!  Why my carefully made sims!  I didn't even get to enjoy them for 1 day...lame.  I knew this could happen because I saw it before...but 3 families totally changed in 1 day.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 May 31, 16:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a feature!  You're going to learn to love it, honest.  Real Simmers keep assuring us that you should only play one Sim at a time anyway.     Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 16:21:44 by Lerf » Logged
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 May 31, 16:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be that changes to the town population are affected by the life length of the neighbourhood, and they happen with a lesser frequency on epic lifespan? I have played for about 30 more sim days and I still haven't found any notices in the paper about sims moving, dieing, or new births. Eventually, I did find a new baby in the Clavell household where I knew there wasn't one previously. I checked on the baby and indeed it has no mother.
mrtauntaun
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 June 03, 15:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have confirmed the Story Progression option is simply utterly borked as nothing in the game actually checks it, so it appears sims will continue to do their thing even if you toggle the option. The Goggles do nothing! I have also fixed it. yay Awesomeness!

How did you fix it?  How can I do it?  I HATE this feature, I want to control my sims utterly!!!
« Last Edit: 2009 June 03, 19:09:11 by mrtauntaun » Logged
cheezwiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 June 03, 20:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Progression toggled off and Free Will on the medium setting forever.  There have been no spontaneous babies to my knowledge; in fact, the only one I've ever seen is a mother with a toddler in the park on occasion.  I once got a phone call announcing that $random_old_townie wasn't going to live forever, you know, and then another call the next day announcing that she'd keeled over.

I haven't been keeping up with the newspaper, unfortunately, so I can't say whether these things are happening without my knowledge or not.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 June 03, 21:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have confirmed the Story Progression option is simply utterly borked as nothing in the game actually checks it, so it appears sims will continue to do their thing even if you toggle the option. The Goggles do nothing! I have also fixed it. yay Awesomeness!

How did you fix it?  How can I do it?  I HATE this feature, I want to control my sims utterly!!!
Pescado is awesome and can bend files to his will. Learn to do so, consolidate your exclamation points, and then come back.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
mrtauntaun
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 June 03, 22:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course he can, he is more awesome than I am.  But how do the rest of us mortals do it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 June 03, 22:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You join the testers for Awesomemod. Due to the monolith blob format, we can't put out individual minifixes like TS2, so everything has to be done at once.

mrtauntaun
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 June 04, 00:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would love to, sign me up.  How do I do that?
dcornish
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 June 04, 19:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count me in for wanting to sign up as well.  It's very irritating seeing created sims move away.

David
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 June 04, 19:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count me in for wanting to sign up as well.  It's very irritating seeing created sims move away.
Check the downloads section.
Trickster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 June 04, 20:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In one of my families they had 3 children, 2 of them I threw out after they became Young Adults. They showed up fine in the family tree after that, but when the newspaper and a visit in their home revealed they had children of their own, those and their new husbands did not show up in tree at all.
I'm wondering if that's a bug (inside the story progression thingy) or a feature. Does someone have an idea?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 June 04, 20:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cousins, nieces and nephews do not show on the tree. Strict generational line from progenitor to progeny only, with immediate siblings. Click on the spawn to get their tree.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: