More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:09:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Story Progression Toggle: Is it borked?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Story Progression Toggle: Is it borked?  (Read 98544 times)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Story Progression Toggle: Is it borked?
« Reply #75 on: 2009 May 23, 07:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, that's been reported a lot in the other thread.  Entire families up and move out of town.  Cute, ain't it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 May 23, 08:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have confirmed through an extensive code rummage that the Story Progression control option on the panel is nothing more than goggles upon the face of the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mr. Snooley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 May 23, 08:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to seriously know though (IF that button would actually work) who'd use that crap.

They should have called it "Killing Mode". Smiley
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 May 23, 12:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to me that EA is trying to incorporate SimCity's random destructions. It doesn't offer the typical natural disaster, so this is a weak imitation to that effect. It's time for some havoc, so one of the Sims is going down.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 May 23, 14:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have confirmed the Story Progression option is simply utterly borked as nothing in the game actually checks it, so it appears sims will continue to do their thing even if you toggle the option. The Goggles do nothing! I have also fixed it. yay Awesomeness!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 May 23, 21:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have confirmed the Story Progression option is simply utterly borked as nothing in the game actually checks it, so it appears sims will continue to do their thing even if you toggle the option. The Goggles do nothing! I have also fixed it. yay Awesomeness!

This is exciting news! Can you say yet whether this fix will be Mac-applicable?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 May 23, 23:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that is an interesting question.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 May 23, 23:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory it should. I could do the guinea pig and report back.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 May 23, 23:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It won't. Not unless someone knows what the equivalent of DLLs in Mac are and how to replace them. Mac users are totally SOL this time, although hope exists if you run in Boot Camp.

vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 May 24, 00:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are DLLs exactly?

It's unfortunate, really. I wonder if there are any Mac users who have a lot of knowledge about this kind of stuff. I was so excited when I realized the Mac/PC release was simultaneous, etc. The game looks so pretty on my Macbook Pro and runs perfect, my video card supports it and everything. My PC is just too old to run this, in all forms. Blah, Cry

(And for the record, I probably wouldn't be in so much of a pickle if my CD drive wasn't completely inaccessable. I can't put a CD in my drive and therefore there isn't an easy way for me to go through Boot Camp. I did it once and it involved having three other computers and a few external hard drives and about 8 hours of patience to get it installed on this thing. And, unfortunately, the friend I had with the resources is in a different state than I am now.)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 May 24, 00:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It won't. Not unless someone knows what the equivalent of DLLs in Mac are and how to replace them. Mac users are totally SOL this time, although hope exists if you run in Boot Camp.

Are you anywhere near releasing this?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 May 24, 00:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, is that a new dll, or a modified already existent in the game installation? Because in this porting there are DLLs (see some below, evidenced in yellow).

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 May 24, 00:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very interesting.

malianx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 May 24, 01:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mac version is just a cider/wine wrapper around the PC version, all the files should be the same.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 May 24, 02:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am guinea-pigging it now.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2009 May 24, 09:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oowEE!  oowEE! oowEE!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 May 24, 18:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm done reporting since His FOJness has confirmed the bork is in the coding. Yay for fixes. This even brings a smile to my hung over self.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 May 24, 22:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any luck?
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 May 25, 00:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should like to think that EAxis would fix this in one of the several patches that they release a day after the release of the Official Game. And I have no doubts that patch will stuff something else up, and then they will have to roll back Patch1 with Patch2, then release Patch3 three days later, just like they did with TS2:Pets. Cheers to Pes for being more awesome then EA!

Smile.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 May 25, 01:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Mac version--it seems to be using a wine-based windows emulator, and based on the fact that the *same* cracked .exe (literally) is used for the Mac version as the PC version, I'm gonna guess mods will work (I'm pretty sure someone already has that no-censor one working on Mac?). I suspect it'll just be a matter of opening the Mac app package contents (as you must to drop the cracked .exe in) and drilling down to the correct analogous directory.
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 May 25, 01:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Mac version--it seems to be using a wine-based windows emulator, and based on the fact that the *same* cracked .exe (literally) is used for the Mac version as the PC version, I'm gonna guess mods will work (I'm pretty sure someone already has that no-censor one working on Mac?). I suspect it'll just be a matter of opening the Mac app package contents (as you must to drop the cracked .exe in) and drilling down to the correct analogous directory.

Which is exactly what I did with the censor crack, and it works fine, so the logic is sound. I've seen others confirm it's working for them as well.

This development excites me.
jharrower
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 May 25, 02:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to have Story Progression ON but prevent the random Sims from breeding? (I was under the impression that setting Free Will to "Medium" would let them go to work, go out, etc. but not let them breed.)

Also, is there any way to prevent the other families from moving out? It seems random, but is there any way to prevent it all together? (It seems like I can't make my mind up as to whaether I want Story progression on or off, but the random moving and spawning is a big DNW.)
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 May 25, 05:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to have Story Progression ON but prevent the random Sims from breeding? (I was under the impression that setting Free Will to "Medium" would let them go to work, go out, etc. but not let them breed.)

Also, is there any way to prevent the other families from moving out? It seems random, but is there any way to prevent it all together? (It seems like I can't make my mind up as to whaether I want Story progression on or off, but the random moving and spawning is a big DNW.)
dont quote me, but Im of the impression that FreeWill is only House based (from what Ive read in all these pages on MATY, my brain has possible gotten fried though, and ive messed up)... If you set it to off.. you have to do everything for your sims.. but in the world.. they will continue to do their own thing...
I would like to see a patch/fixes to disable certain things for Story Mode, relating to what your talking about.
Being that the game isn't so much officially released.. I'm wondering if EAxis has found these bugs/shit features, and are going to allow more of an option in upcoming patches.

Smile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 May 25, 08:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem unable to decide whether you want it on or off. This is why the game currently lets you have it both ways: You can turn it off and it will still be on.

BeautyWitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 May 25, 19:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is the opposite of everyone else's. No spawning, marriages, moving-in or out and so far no deaths. Is that even possible? I tried toggling it but nothing changes. So far I only see townies aging.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: