More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 21:49:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  M&G Issues: Not sure if I borked it.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: M&G Issues: Not sure if I borked it.  (Read 4408 times)
Un sourire diabolique
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
M&G Issues: Not sure if I borked it.
« on: 2009 May 17, 20:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long story short: I just installed M&G & have the M&G no cd posted by Fat D; but I am unable to bring up the cheat box to utilize move objects on. When I try to use those keys it responds by taking pictures as if I am pressing just the Ctrl+C keys only.

I took a look a the wiki for help but it is of no use to me because I do not have an HP computer, I don't use Vista,
I don't have Cursor XP, and Ctrl+shift+Windows key +C also does not solve the issue. I am unaware of any programs that I have on my computer that also utilizes this shortcut so I am confused as to what could be causing the issue. My other guess would be that it is a hack conflict, but I don't have anything but ACR (AL version) and a few anti-annoyance mods like no stars when slapped and sit on floor to watch tv, no ZZZ's and whatnot. Help needed...

Edit: I could of sworn there was a buyable hack that allowed you to use boolprop without the Ctrl+Shift+C keys (Not the buyable tombstone of L&D) but I may be mistaken. And if it does exist I don't know if you can utilize the move objects cheat. If this does exist, I will take the band-aid IF there is not a solution.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 17, 20:42:20 by Un sourire diabolique » Logged
Un sourire diabolique
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: M&G Issues: Not sure if I borked it.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 18, 18:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Took all the mods out just to make sure that wasn't the issue, restarted the game and I am still having the 'taking pictures' issue. Can someone please help me out? Is there a mod/hack that I can click on that will do the same things as Ctrl+Shift+C?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 18, 18:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a laptop, try a complete discharge (remove battery and power cord, hit on/off button a few times to discharge unit). Also, whatever computer you have, shut down all nonessential tasks. I recall hearing that someone had a programmable mouse that caused certain in-game hot keys to be overridden, so if your mouse/ keyboard has a utility program that runs try shutting that down. Also use task manager to shut everything else nonessential down. Do the control and shift keys function in game okay otherwise, for example removing a wall or shift-click in debug mode? If so then I would be looking for a program that uses ctrl-shift-c for a hot key- so killing the task will fix it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 19, 06:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might also check the shift key/s, make sure it's not dirt or stickiness.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Un sourire diabolique
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 20, 18:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually as it turned out Simsample you were correct about shutting down processes. I have never had that issue in the past with AL but since then my AV & Firewall have upgraded before I installed M&G so I guess they don't make nice with The Sims. Maybe the programs see Eaxis as an intruder. Roll Eyes Guess no websurfing while playing for me. Thanks for that tip. I also broke out the ol' can of compressed air (thanks for the reminder Witch.) for good measure.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 20, 23:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should always disable your antivirus, antispyware, etc, before starting your game. In fact, those little brochures that come with the base game and all of the EPs specifically mention this. I even go so far as to disable my internet connection and firewall, but the jury's still out on whether these extra steps are actually necessary, or not.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 21, 15:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should always disable your antivirus, antispyware, etc, before starting your game. In fact, those little brochures that come with the base game and all of the EPs specifically mention this. I even go so far as to disable my internet connection and firewall, but the jury's still out on whether these extra steps are actually necessary, or not.

But is this good advice?  If you play totally offline, then by all means disable your virus protection/firewalls.  If you play with the rig online, I would suggest rather changing your virus protection if your current one conflicts (cough-Norton-cough).  I play with the machine online all the time and have no problems.  I have not noticed any advantage in speed of loading or play between playing with these features enabled or disabled.

I do disable unnecessary processes, but I do not consider security unnecessary if the computer is going to be online.

Tribulatio proxima est
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 21, 20:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are going to disable your firewall while playing I would certainly disconnect from the internet.  It just seems safer. 
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 21, 23:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did mention in my earlier post that I disable my internet, as well as my firewall etc, not just the firewall, etc when playing TS2. Obviously, if you websurf while playing your game (something I don't, personally, feel the need to do), then by all means you should leave your antivirus and firewall enabled. But then you shouldn't be whining when your antivirus decides that your TS2 game is a virus. I was merely stating what the TS2 brochures recommend. If you're smarter than the average sheep, you can figure a way around this, but those recommendations are there for a reason. I'm just sayin'.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: