More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:02:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1116660 times)
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1925 on: 2009 June 01, 09:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Non-athletic" is a key word here. It's no big deal to drop a sim into the shower once or twice per day. Ones who would benefit the most from it are precisely sport freaks and constant gardeners - for whom, ironically, the perk does not work at all.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: 2009 June 01, 10:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which idiot thought it was a good idea to make us click on each of them to turn them on, and to turn them off?  It's an exercise in frustration. 

"Autowater" is a handiness upgrade you can do.
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1927 on: 2009 June 01, 10:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't noticed any benefits from Dirt Defiant perk either.

Dirt defiant significantly slows down hygiene decay for my Sims.  My nonathletic Dirt Defiant Sims only need a shower around every 3rd day.  

It also makes the "Sparkling Clean" buff last longer; 2 days instead of 2 hours, if I'm not mistaken.
Also if your hygiene is 0, you still get the second worst debuff instead of the absolutely worst one.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 13:04:30 by angelo » Logged

Check out my strategy/sim game project: Start-a-town!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: 2009 June 01, 15:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be really nice if they kept a tally somewhere of the number of books a sim has read for the wish to read fifty books and similar ones like it. Apparently a small counter on the wish is too much to ask for.
With my bookworms, I've been taking all books from the bookcase and putting them back once she reads them. It's still annoying, because I have to make sure she doesn't snag one again. If you try to read from inventory and it says "Reread X", then obviously that one can be ignored. But you don't want to buy 50 books, do you? Remembering what books you haven't read at the library is impossible at higher levels. A different highlight behind them in the bookcase list would be helpful.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: 2009 June 01, 16:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also been doing the 'stop rereading that!' tango, various methods of separating read from unread aren't working for me. Sometimes when I know everyone in the house has read Where's Bella ten times I'll just delete the damn thing, but then more copies mysteriously spawn (and eff you, Adventures of Raymundo). I'm thinking about putting a bookcase in an unreachable room for storage of Read, but I'm sure that will result in loads of foot-stamping.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: 2009 June 01, 16:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game appears to have a problem with selling a 'house' that isn't.

My hobo Sim was trying to get married to Agnes Crumplebottom. Since his lot is nothing more than a field, designed to keep the game happy, with enough random useless junk on it to remove his starting handout, the obvious choice was to move them into her home.

Game was perfectly happy to let them both move into his field - the tick button unfroze, everything was fine. But if even one of them attempted to move into the Crumplebottom house, let alone both, I got an alert sign up saying that the house had to have enough beds for all Sims (the house I was selling, mind), and the tick button greyed out. To make matters worse, the cancel button also greyed out, leaving me with no choice but to quit the game.

Oh well. All hobos have beds and refrigerators in their fields, right...?

ETA: RELOADED version.
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: 2009 June 01, 16:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a question, I downloaded both version, reloaded and razor and in both game I don't have all the cheats listed as what suppose to be in it, does anyone know why? like I don't have testingcheatsenable.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: 2009 June 01, 16:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

like I don't have testingcheatsenable.

If you're typing it in exactly as you've spelled it, then it's no wonder it's not working.   It's TestingCheatsEnabled true/false, with a D at the end.  Type help for a list of the cheats in the game, tho i can't recollect if the Debug mode cheat is listed or not.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: 2009 June 01, 16:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's very difficult to see which leafy green plants need to be fertilized without clicking on them, and I've got a gardening sim.  If it turns out that different types of plants do better with different fertilizer, it could be based on plant type instead of all types.  

When fertilizer is needed the dirt around the plant base is light brown.   With trees the bark turns a medium reddish brown around the base...learned pitifully as a result of flu and boredom.  Also the best fertilized issue is painfully obvious.   The little window (chart is much to generous a name for it) tells you which will produce nice, very nice, great, excellent, perfect or outstanding plants; clicking on the plant automatically changes the chart to the fertilizer level that matches the plant.  I tired of attempting families a while ago, so from a "win the game" point of view my sim has been maxing all skills and tediously collecting.   The bear thing happens way too often in the catacombs, does anyone actually die from that?

The ghosts however are far more interesting the regular sims (at least this minute).   Does anyone know if the array of colors they come in has to do with the way they died or the family they're in?  Of course that assumes EA took the time to give it any meaning.  They might have just decided the pretty rainbows would awe us into wonderment.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 17:00:55 by DaSpecialone » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: 2009 June 01, 16:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ghosts however are far more interesting the regular sims (at least this minute).   Does anyone know if the array of colors they come in has to do with the way they died or the family they're in?  Of course that assumes EA took the time to give it any meaning.  They might have just decided the pretty rainbows would awe us into wonderment.

Yes, their colors are affected by how they died.  Pink/Purple = Starvation, Yellow(ish) with the lightening = Electrocution, Blue = Drowning, Orange = Fire, and White = Old age.

You can find a picture in the thread about torturing/killing your sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: 2009 June 01, 17:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game was perfectly happy to let them both move into his field - the tick button unfroze, everything was fine. But if even one of them attempted to move into the Crumplebottom house, let alone both, I got an alert sign up saying that the house had to have enough beds for all Sims (the house I was selling, mind), and the tick button greyed out. To make matters worse, the cancel button also greyed out, leaving me with no choice but to quit the game.
I've actually seen the code that checks this. There are quite a few arbitrary rules involved in who is allowed to move, and stuff. I could klll them, but you will have to wait for AWESOME EDITION.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1936 on: 2009 June 01, 17:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Edition will be truly awesome! \:d/

I can't wait to see what it will take care of. Tongue
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: 2009 June 01, 17:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually seen the code that checks this. There are quite a few arbitrary rules involved in who is allowed to move, and stuff. I could klll them, but you will have to wait for AWESOME EDITION.

And until then, bang goes the asylum challenge, I guess, which would otherwise still be possible in TS3, I think.

Tribulatio proxima est
modelchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: 2009 June 01, 17:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out the fugly I found...

Look at that jaw action!

The little bastard had the nerve to smile at me after it asked me for a handout. :|

Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: 2009 June 01, 17:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Dear Lord...!

That's a kid, right? Please?
modelchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: 2009 June 01, 17:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Dear Lord...!

That's a kid, right? Please?

Ha! Yeah it is, but I'd actually feel better if it was an adult.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1941 on: 2009 June 01, 18:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Da Plane! Da Plaaaaaaane!

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1942 on: 2009 June 01, 18:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lolmidget! Cheesy

Dammit there SHOULD be midgets and giants in gaem. Tongue
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: 2009 June 01, 18:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone call Child Protective Services, stat.
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: 2009 June 01, 18:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was stretch skeleton at work. Hmmph, go figure.

AnnaFrancesca
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: 2009 June 01, 18:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And until then, bang goes the asylum challenge, I guess, which would otherwise still be possible in TS3, I think.

Well, if you were patient/crazy enough to try an asylum in TS3, could you just make a separate room [with no doors] to put the extra beds in? Sure, it would look weird, but it's kinda one way to get around it...

When you take pictures in game, do they end up okay quality, or are they as crap as TS2? It makes great graphics cards look rubbish =P
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1946 on: 2009 June 01, 18:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New bug I found: If you have more than 2 opportunities involving the same building, running through one of it, also completes the other one. In my particular case, I've had the "Case the joint" carrer opportunity at the science facility, and the "Discover a star" skill opportunity, and after I completed the star one by finding it with the telescope and then going to the science facility, I noticed the "Case the joint" has been completed as well.

Check out my strategy/sim game project: Start-a-town!
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1947 on: 2009 June 01, 19:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Laugh with me as they throw the word OFFICIAL out a dozen times!
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: 2009 June 01, 19:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you take pictures in game, do they end up okay quality, or are they as crap as TS2? It makes great graphics cards look rubbish =P

The quality is a lot better than TS2, IMO.  If you head over to here, you can see some on the "Share pix/vidz of the HORROR here" thread.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: 2009 June 01, 19:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Searched 'refrigerator' and 'fridge', didn't see this mentioned:

Fridge inventories seem to be really borked. Or implemented weirdly.

--If your family moves, the new fridge in the new house will have all the stuff that was in the old fridge. Which seems fine, till you consider:

--If you packed the old fridge, it still has all that food in it. Including leftovers.

--If you buy a new, additional fridge, it will have the same contents as The One Fridge. Food endlessly dupable.

--If you then try to delete everything from the additional fridge, you will discover everything is also now gone in The One Fridge

In short, all refrigerators owned by family share some kind of interdimensional portal to a single meta-fridge.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: