More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:18:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1112058 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1850 on: 2009 May 30, 22:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just noticed, that after my paperboy kicked my non-working gnome, and I stood him back up, the gnome started his hijinks later on that night.  So obviously the old saying "He needs a kick in the pants to get him moving" really is true.
I already Kicked all of them several times and stood them back up, they're still stiff frozen. Thanks for the suggestion though Smiley I will kick them like 5 times in a row each just to be sure. Since you had that non-moving glitch too i wonder if they're just borked. Or maybe the RLD version is the culprit since they already had stopped moving before changing it for the Razor one. I will have to get new gnomes to test anew.

Looks like my solution wasn't the best.  After the first night of my gnome moving again, he never moved again.  Now I'm starting to doubt even my own memories.  I also tried kicking him several times, and no go.  I'll wait on that paperboy to autonomously do his thing again (my NPC's are weird - the paper boy sat on the outside couch a couple of times and the mailman sat at one of the outside computer stations and logged onto the interwebs - tho they both only did it for about a minute or so before leaving).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Lurker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: 2009 May 30, 22:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GayJohnScarritt, it does seem we have a bug here. Their movement shouldn't logically rely on newspaperboys' kicks, but i'll check anyway. You never know with EA. Too bad as it's the creepiest and funniest thing i ever saw in any game.

I too had a funny thing with the mailman: i forgot to pay the old bills and they were left in the mailbox. He pulled them out of the mailbox, throwed them angrily on the lawn, pointed at them with a raging finger and shouted something like 'Nananana!". Grin He then put the new ones in the mailbox and went his merry way.
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: 2009 May 31, 00:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I've been playing the Arr'ed game for a few hours. The problem that I was most bugged by is the stupid, stupid paths they take. My Sim decided she had to walk out to the corner of the yard to play guitar. And my Sim couple felt the need to both go outside in order to get to the back of the house. And woe betide any Sim that has to go around another Sim in its path - there is plenty of space, but they cannot seem to figure out that one of them needs to move over. *grrr*

I know that this is a known annoyance, like the dreaded baby hoard (since I actually read all 76 pages before I posted) - but it still really bugs me. I'm glad that the No Censor Hack was already up by the time I finished downloading this - I fear the stupid mosaic that tried to eat my Sims when they bathe.

[Edited to Add:]There are somethings about the game that I do like. The moodlets are cute, and amuse me. I really like the traits, and how they effect the ways that Sims learn and act (though I do hope that these are someday tweaked to be...awesome). I really like the fish bowl, and how I could just put a live fish in. The water takes good advantage of my spiffy new graphics card, and many of the other graphics are quite nice (even if almost all of them were just ripped out of the Sims 2). The trees are kind of clever, but I wonder if real, full meshes would make the game that much slower. I haven't had that difficult of a time making Sims with a minimum of double chins - but I would like it a lot if it were possible to allow some of the Sims to have single chins. Not everyone looks like this guy:
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 02:15:00 by WatersMoon » Logged

Don't step on the Mome Raths.
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: 2009 May 31, 00:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we still drop custom paintings into a Paintings folder and have sims paint them at higher skill levels?

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: 2009 May 31, 00:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we still drop custom paintings into a Paintings folder and have sims paint them at higher skill levels?

If we can, I'm going to do the same thing for TS3 that I did for TS2 - in TS2 I took a bunch of high-res screenshots and shooped them into appearing like "simlish" watercolour portraits that sims could paint, so that we'd have simlish artworks that didn't look like total ass. I'll do that for TS3 again and make them available, given that my TS3 looks pretty shiney on my graphics card.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
hobbitgrl
Asinine Airhead

Life's to short not to Laugh!!

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: 2009 May 31, 01:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize if this isn't the place to post but I have a couple of  questions.

Can you add your own Textures? If so How?

Last Question is anyone running the game on a Mac?  I downloaded a copy just to check it out and it looks really bad the furniture is very choppy looking, from a distance the buildings look great but the furniture looks awful!!

Thanks
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 2009 May 31, 01:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i just met Gobias. i love all the Arrested Development references in the game. Gobias and the Funke family so far, i'm sure there are more.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: 2009 May 31, 01:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize if this isn't the place to post but I have a couple of  questions.

Can you add your own Textures? If so How?

Last Question is anyone running the game on a Mac?  I downloaded a copy just to check it out and it looks really bad the furniture is very choppy looking, from a distance the buildings look great but the furniture looks awful!!

Thanks

Marhis is running the game on a Mac, or so I have inferred from previous readings of this thread.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: 2009 May 31, 02:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bunch of people are running on mac, with mixed success. Check the OSX thread.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: 2009 May 31, 03:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we can, I'm going to do the same thing for TS3 that I did for TS2 - in TS2 I took a bunch of high-res screenshots and shooped them into appearing like "simlish" watercolour portraits that sims could paint, so that we'd have simlish artworks that didn't look like total ass. I'll do that for TS3 again and make them available, given that my TS3 looks pretty shiney on my graphics card.
At least one of the masterpiece paintings looks like it is a sim posing. It's quite nice and surprising.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: 2009 May 31, 03:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't look like it so far. Hopefully there is a way that I couldn't find.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1861 on: 2009 May 31, 03:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't look like it so far. Hopefully there is a way that I couldn't find.

It'll probably be in a future EP. I'm sure EAxis left features like that out so they can make future EPs look good. Knowing them, they will probably take all the features we took for granted in TS2, and spread them out through several expansion packs.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 03:44:53 by Scotty » Logged

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
StormKloud
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: 2009 May 31, 03:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it funny that when EA tried to make the game more easily customizable (especially in CAS) they actually made it harder to have custom content in the game. So every idiot can make their simes have blue hair, godforbid anybody import actual CC skintones like with nipples or body hair
DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: 2009 May 31, 09:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm already getting bored with TS3. This is a far cry from TS2 - when that first came out I was riveted, and my real life fell apart for a few weeks due to massive playage. Unlike this.
Well, TS2 is a toy in which you make your own game. TS3 is a game that you beat. The "toy" aspect is less than well-developed.

Collecting shit holds no interest for me. Nor does completing unrealistic, tasky opportunities. Skilling seems like more of a grind in TS3, which is strange, as I thought it was grindy in TS2, but it has somehow been made WORSE. Maybe it's because the game puts so much emphasis on A!CHIEVE!MENT! - I'm guessing Rod Humble is a fan of personal development tapes and motivational speakers (also that he loves to collect random useless shit).

I just want TS2 with an open neighborhood and traits, pretty much ... not this goal-orientated, gotta catch 'em all frankengame.
We are working on it.

I'll be first in line for that version.

I'm amazed at the time invested in this game, it's so god-awfully boring.  Kudos to all the test players who've actually made it through several families.  Family actually doesn't have much purpose in this game--there are no memories, no real "drama",  and is more like Marioland for the sims...instead of coins you run around collecting seeds, insects, & money.   With TS2 cheats and hacks were nice but I didn't feel like I didn't want to play at all without them.   It's pitiful really.  I keep waiting for at least one thrill in this game that makes it all worthwhile but I haven't found it yet.  

Definitely waiting for the real TS2 follow-up Pescado mentioned above.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
saeda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: 2009 May 31, 10:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the comments about Blizzard doing a Sims spin-off..just..no. There is a reason they are a successful company, because they don't do things like that.

Their "next WoW" is already in production anyway, they would not divert resources from it at this point.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: 2009 May 31, 10:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the comments about Blizzard doing a Sims spin-off..just..no. There is a reason they are a successful company, because they don't do things like that.

Things like what? Things like owning the franchise to the best selling game of all time? There's certainly nothing wrong with the original sims conception.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: 2009 May 31, 11:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next WoW?  They have no reason to leave this WoW for like another 5 years at least.  Maybe you mean next WoW expansion pack, which, I imagine they've had planned for several years already. 

Huh.  That sounds like a statement from any one of my friends that don't take the Sims seriously at all.  I hope I'm misinterpreting that because this is one of the last places I'd expect someone to go all "it's not a real game" on that statement.  If Blizzard were to do a Sims clone correctlyand say fuck the teen rating, we'd have ourselves something interesting to play I'd wager. They do have sick amounts of cash lying about the place after all.  And the Sims success should be enough to make any CEO drool at the thought of such a lucrative franchise.
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: 2009 May 31, 11:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next WoW?  They have no reason to leave this WoW for like another 5 years at least.  Maybe you mean next WoW expansion pack, which, I imagine they've had planned for several years already. 

Huh.  That sounds like a statement from any one of my friends that don't take the Sims seriously at all.  I hope I'm misinterpreting that because this is one of the last places I'd expect someone to go all "it's not a real game" on that statement.  If Blizzard were to do a Sims clone correctlyand say fuck the teen rating, we'd have ourselves something interesting to play I'd wager. They do have sick amounts of cash lying about the place after all.  And the Sims success should be enough to make any CEO drool at the thought of such a lucrative franchise.

There is an as yet unannounced new Blizzard MMO in the works.  A couple of the more prominent WoW devs have left WoW to work on it.  I read somewhere that Blizzard bought the license for a Pokemon MMO. I certainly hope that's not true.  Tongue
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: 2009 May 31, 11:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite having never yet used the original Macrotastics (it's on my list of mods to get now that TS2 is 'complete' and I don't need to worry about having to redownload all mods with each new EP), I find myself craving a "Macro.. Collect" option.  Zooming in far enough to click on each thing is so bloody tedious, especially since you can still only stack eight actions at once.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1869 on: 2009 May 31, 12:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I've been storing newspapers under the foundation, because they annoy me.  Recently, I've noticed my houseguests standing in the middle of the spacious living room and complaining about route fail.  I was mystified for a while until I saw the picture of the newspaper in a thought bubble and realized that they were trying to recycle the newspapers that were under the foundation.  WTF?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: 2009 May 31, 12:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe I'm jumping into this one, but:

No, there is no way in a zillion years Blizzard will make a Sims MMO. It's a cute thought but has nothing to do with reality. They work within their own few extremely successful titles and this would make them a laughingstock. (I know a lot of males do play the Sims, but the few I know who do in real life have all sworn me to secrecy...with good reason or not it's still considered a girlie game. This is not my opinion, this is strictly observation. Do not jump on me.) To say nothing of associating themselves with the spectacular load of fail that was Sims Online. It's like saying "It would be awesome if they made Pirates of the Caribbean/Star Trek crossover movies!". Fun to think about, if you like fanfiction, but would never actually happen.

Yes, they are working on their next MMO, it's not just a rumor, but I think the person who said "WOW 2" was being glib. My guess would be a StarCraft MMO, but who knows.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 13:01:02 by TashaYarrr » Logged
Maximillian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: 2009 May 31, 14:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minor annoyance: having the Throw Party dialog pop up when in cinematic camera mode to frame a painting causes mouse clicks to not work. You can't click out of the menu or camera mode or anything. Hitting things on the keyboard doesn't do much.

At least that's not the kind of glitch that crops up every couple of minutes (coughcoughroutefail).

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: 2009 May 31, 15:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug? One of my Sims was in the automatic garden-tending mode when his work carpool showed up. He missed his ride, but then I noticed when he finished gardening (and was still home) he had the work activity anyway, as though he was there. "Work hard" etc. I ended up using the Go to work button, which queued up another work activity, which I ended up canceling. But it got him to actually *go* to work. I wonder what would have happened if I left him at home.

I've also had sims randomly decide to stop working and come home an hour or so into their shift, so I had to send them back.

ETA: Can't imagine this hasn't already been mentioned, but it looks like they didn't bother to make a pregnant mesh for naked females. Gonna take my preggers to the pool and see what she wears...ok, yes on pregnant swimsuit, just gets magically skinny when naked.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 15:56:42 by TashaYarrr » Logged
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: 2009 May 31, 16:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Can't imagine this hasn't already been mentioned, but it looks like they didn't bother to make a pregnant mesh for naked females. Gonna take my preggers to the pool and see what she wears...ok, yes on pregnant swimsuit, just gets magically skinny when naked.

With the huge pixel blur, they probably figured there was no point in making a naked mesh since theoretically, we'd never be able to tell the difference.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: 2009 May 31, 16:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the huge pixel blur, they probably figured there was no point in making a naked mesh since theoretically, we'd never be able to tell the difference.

This is a reasonable explanation, but they HAVE to know by now that the censor blur is the first thing to go, and there were naked pregnant meshes in TS2. (Weren't there? Someone correct me if not.)

I guess if the new EA attitude is very anti-CC-unless-you-get-it-from-us, it could explain the shift: "if you get rid of the censor blur via third-party means and uncover our laziness, that's your own problem."

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: