More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:06:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111801 times)
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1675 on: 2009 May 28, 17:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The flaming fruit can also be fished. I forget if my sim fished it in Central park or the park by the Landgraab's.

INTJ
missyye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 2009 May 28, 17:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else finding it hard to move in a sim into an existing lot with your sim? Jeez. I got to a point where I was like you know what just give my sim a baby and get out!!  Undecided
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: 2009 May 28, 17:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One question : does anybody know how to get an omniplant at home ? I've found the one behind the science lab and feed it some fish, it worked well, but does not seem to give seeds... Do I have to keep looking for special unknown seeds and hope to get lucky ? (like for the money tree, life plant and those strange flaming fruit ?) Thanks.

I am fairly sure you can only get an omniplant via an opportunity from a restaurant.  My Sim is currently working on growing and delivering 10 excellent cheeses to a restaurant, and in return he's supposed to get the chance to "plant some meaty new items".  My Sim has picked up tons and tons of seeds and never gotten an Omni plant seed.

That's right. I got my omni plant seeds after completing the same opportunity, only with 10 perfect steaks instead of cheeses. Probably based on the sim's favorite food since mine's tri-tip stakes. When you complete that you get 6 omni plant seeds plus the option to order more via the mailbox.

The opportunity with 10 excellent cheese gave me the knowledge to grow steaks plants, so it looks that I just need to wait for the next opportunity with the restaurant to get some omniplants seeds. Thanks all for the answers.
Still looking after those elusive last ore and gem though...
rutet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 2009 May 28, 17:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi i´m new here and sorry if this question are already made. Is only for me or the game is tooooooo slowly in the night? I almost sleep in from on my computer waiting for the night ends . Any change in game to modify that?
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: 2009 May 28, 17:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi i´m new here and sorry if this question are already made. Is only for me or the game is tooooooo slowly in the night? I almost sleep in from on my computer waiting for the night ends . Any change in game to modify that?

If you don't do a search or try to write proper English you won't last long here at MATY...

INTJ
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: 2009 May 28, 17:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought on the slow speed-3 : I noticed in my game that zooming at max zoom on an empty zone of grass somewhere (with no sims, no mouvements, no moving shadows from tree for example) seems to greatly improve the speed and make it bearable. The inconvenience is you don't get to see anything that happened during that, still useful at night I think.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: 2009 May 28, 18:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to announce your n00bishness, we can tell by your post count and register date.

Also quite a few people have complained of a slow fastest speed throughout this thread, however I don't think anyone has isolated a fix for it.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: 2009 May 28, 18:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoying bug with a wedding party. Possibly even fatal if it is reproducible (I will try to reproduce it tonight).

My sim had a wedding party to marry an NPC (a magician) at the beach. During the exchange of the rings everybody swarmed to cheer and a number of guests (5 or 6) got STUCK throwing rice (interaction: react to the wedding, Dad was doing the same but thanks God snapped out of it). 24 hrs later they were still there stuck (and throwing rice  Grin ). One of them is required to finish an opportunity and the other is the groom's boss. I am not happy to let those two die just yet.  (Former magician can phone the boss and sucking up at work increases relationship score, but the boss  does not turn up if invited).
I'll see if they do die and then try to reload and marry again at the beach.

This happened to me too... My sim got married and had a wedding party and one of the swimming pools, one of the invited sims started throwing rice, and continued to do so for hours after, everyone left the parrty but he was still there, throwing rice...

I have no idea what made him stop, but he just did and went home and said he had a great time Cheesy. Easily pleased.

No such luck. Mine 5 guests are still there a week later. They don't die either. No need to reload as it seems to be a confirmed "Al-fresco wedding bug" now.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: 2009 May 28, 18:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is indeed a resetsim cheat:  resetSim Firstname Lastname

Works regardless of whether they are household or not.

Thank you Smiley It has worked
WearsHighHeels
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: 2009 May 28, 18:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I've lurked here for a couple years now. Thank you to all the modders who made TS2 playable.

I arr'ed TS3, and would like to add some additional notes of borkiness. I killed off in-game Bella due to fugliness, and created a new Bella who was pretty by TS3 standards. I moved her in with teen Mortimer (he had aged before I ever opened the household) aged both to adult, and married them. I noticed when Bella has interactions with Mortimer she shows the avatar as child Mortimer in her thought bubble. Mortimer's avatar also switches off and on from child back to young adult, though the sim stays an adult.

And no, I'm not one of those ZOMG Bella! people. I just wanted to keep the line going because Mortimer turned out to be decent looking, and I'm frightened the game will replace the mediocre Sims with hideous creatures if I remove too many pre-mades.

On that note, I'm also pretty irritated with the games habit of moving both game made Sims, and Sims I created in with other families without me. I left the Sim version of my family alone for a Sim week, and when I returned they had some bum living with them! I'm not really sure if I like the game or not, it does not feel like a Sims game. It feels like one of those cheap games you get off Yahoo, like Lemonade Tycoon. 
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: 2009 May 28, 18:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought on the slow speed-3 : I noticed in my game that zooming at max zoom on an empty zone of grass somewhere (with no sims, no mouvements, no moving shadows from tree for example) seems to greatly improve the speed and make it bearable. The inconvenience is you don't get to see anything that happened during that, still useful at night I think.

I'm hoping that's going to be fixed.

Tested on three different computers and the speeds are all definitely slower than TS2. They work. They're just slower. TS3-1 = TS2-1, TS3-2 = TS2-1-1/2, TS3-3 = TS2-2, TS3-4 = TS3-3 per action (note that times are estimated; no stopwatch was actually used). At this point, the boredom alone is enough to make me rethink wanting to play this game for much longer. Is it possible that zooming out only appears to make time go by faster for you because you're doing something other than watching them sleep?

One more note. In TS2, if I wake my Sim up 4 hrs before their shift starts, they have enough time to shit, shower, serve omelettes, eat, put away leftovers, clean their dishes and put the toddler back in the crib. In TS3, if I wake my Sim up 4 hrs before their shift starts, they have enough time to shit, shower, and get halfway through making a waffle - a fucking waffle! - I thought micromanagement was supposed to be an improvement.

On the upside:
I really love how the kids do homework now. They come home, do their homework, find something else to do if they drain too much in one area; then return to their homework on their own. I also like being able to take the guitar and play in the park for tips.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: 2009 May 28, 18:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't do a search or try to write proper English you won't last long here at MATY...
Rutet is ESL, and from Portugal. I found this through a quick check at his profile and email provider. Also, there are certain patterns of most ESL (tense issues, incorrect transitions). Your willingness to play Poke-the-Noob serves you well, but isn't appropriate in this situation.

GelatinousSubstance, I don't normally let them eat in the morning if they have work/school. They'll eat offsite. If they do need to eat, they get something from the Quick Meal menu.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: 2009 May 28, 18:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rutet is ESL, and from Portugal. I found this through a quick check at his profile and email provider. Also, there are certain patterns of most ESL (tense issues, incorrect transitions). Your willingness to play Poke-the-Noob serves you well, but isn't appropriate in this situation.

Actually, I am ESL as well. Norwegian, born and raised. I wasn't trying to poke the n00b, rather, I was just trying to save the n00b from the sharks.

INTJ
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: 2009 May 28, 19:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GelatinousSubstance, I don't normally let them eat in the morning if they have work/school. They'll eat offsite. If they do need to eat, they get something from the Quick Meal menu.

Yeah. I've pretty much resorted to doing the same. Also, eating garden-goods right out of the inventory seems to have curbed the utter uselessness of the fridge. But still... not too impressed with how long it takes for them to do certain chores. I kind of feel like I'm playing a hybrid of TS1, with TS2 and SCS perks and looks added to it, which is oddly a plus due to the nostalgia - but not enough to make me think I will be as entertained in the long run by it.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: 2009 May 28, 19:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible that zooming out only appears to make time go by faster for you because you're doing something other than watching them sleep?

I didn't test it with a watch but in speed-3 looking at my sims sleeping the minute changed approximatively every real time second, while zoom in on the grass it was more of 3 sim minutes per real time second. Again it's a rough estimate.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: 2009 May 28, 19:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh the clock most definitely goes faster when you're zoomed on the grass. i always do that when I'm fastforwarding. Things are always gonna go faster when they don't have to be rendered on screen.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1691 on: 2009 May 28, 19:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stonehenge is above and to the left of the cemetary, just across from Pinochle Pond.  And magical gnomes can be acquired by your Sims when they masquerade as bits of metal or gems (you have to send it away to be smelted or cut to get them back as gnomes) or through the criminal career somehow, I think (not sure how, I just heard that from Nec).
Awesome. Man. There's so much to the game that I haven't even discovered yet. \Cheesy/

Do ALL female sims like being pregnant? I thought having the Dislikes children trait would make it a negative thing, but its not. I don't get it.
I agree with this. If a female doesn't like kids, she shouldn't be enjoying pregnancy. She should have a negative moodlet for pregnancy. and not everyone has ideal pregnancies. moar realism! Tongue

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: 2009 May 28, 19:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Listen up, noobs! There has been a lot of rumbling about your crap, and appeals to the Grammar Police to do something about it. Consider yourselves on notice.

Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: 2009 May 28, 19:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who, me? On notice??

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1694 on: 2009 May 28, 19:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed guests coming to parties with food?
I threw a birthday party (in formal attire, if that matters) and no less than 2 guests brought mac & cheese.

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: 2009 May 28, 20:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the guests-with-food thing.  Attire doesn't seem to matter - casual dress birthday parties have the same effect.  It does seem to be restricted to home parties though; my park parties have not resulted in any potlucks.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: 2009 May 28, 21:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well some interesting news in my Sim family full of multiples, I was aging up the infant triplets, for some reason dad is the only one who kept getting the "help with birthday" Que and gathering up the babies. So he got one downstairs goes to blow out the candles and the very obnoxious fire alarm starts going off, and I see that the cake is on fire, not only that but my dad is on fire! He had a bad moodlet for "on fire" and he had flames coming out his shirt.. So I'm freaking out because all my Sims are in panic mode, dad is just stuck in a Que of holding the baby, and I can't cancel his action.

So I made mom put out the kitchen fire, and dad was still on fire, so I clicked on him and it said "put Sim out" so I tried to have her do that but the que kept dropping, because dad was stuck. So I reset sim, him and baby popped back into play, had mom go put him out, but it canceled again, and then dad turned into a pile of ashes.. lol shocking and upsetting for me at the time, kind of funny now.

Grimmy showed up, took my guy away. I kept trying to click on grimmy and plead for the dad's life, because I have infant triplets, and toddler twins, it was hard enough with 2 parents, now mom will have to go it alone? I don't think so, lol. But there was no option to save his life, and then he jumped in his urn, and grimmy disappeared.. Obviously I hadn't saved in awhile, because I'm awesome like that  Lips sealed

So now I have a mom, and 5 very young children lol! I thought there was a way to resurrect a sim? I can't find an option anywhere, I tried clicking on various buildings in town, including the science lab, but no options come up. Also, if/when he is resurrected, he will still function properly right, and be apart of the family? Even if hes a ghost he can still care for those thousand babies he wanted, dying can't save him from those screaming kids, not if I can help it!
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: 2009 May 28, 21:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh the clock most definitely goes faster when you're zoomed on the grass. i always do that when I'm fastforwarding. Things are always gonna go faster when they don't have to be rendered on screen.

Interesting… So, if that is correct, it would appear that for once in my life, watching grass grow can finally make the time go by faster…

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: 2009 May 28, 21:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I'm conducting some genetics tests, I figured I'd take a moment to test the speed between zoomed on grass and zoomed in on Sims.

Zoomed in on grass: in one real minute, 4hours 16 minutes Sims time elapsed.

Zoomed in on Sims: (who, because their motives are maxed, were just standing around): in one real minute, 3 hours 5minutes Sims time elapsed.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Lurker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: 2009 May 28, 21:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And magical gnomes can be acquired by your Sims when they masquerade as bits of metal or gems (you have to send it away to be smelted or cut to get them back as gnomes) or through the criminal career somehow, I think (not sure how, I just heard that from Nec).
My three non-moving-anymore gnomes were brought back by my thief from her work. She also brought back a truckload of paintings and statues. Apparently these extras are supposed to be her share of the night's booty.
Too bad these damn gnomes stopped moving after a week. Arg i hate this bug.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: