More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:39:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111822 times)
teaislovely
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1625 on: 2009 May 28, 07:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I'll try that!! Thanks!

IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much I've spent hours on this family.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 28, 07:53:15 by teaislovely » Logged
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: 2009 May 28, 08:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to eat certain foods together? Pregnant sims get cravings for crazy foods, and want to eat them. Like my sim now has a want to eat Cobbler with grapes, and I've had one before to eat spaghetti with watermelon. I had her husband make the cobbler because she wasn't high enough skill to make herself, then had her grab a piece. I had some grapes, but theres noway to combine them, or anything that I could tell. So I had her eat the cobbler then some grapes after and it didn't fulfill her wish, so I tried eating grapes then cobbler, still didn't fulfill the wish. So now I have a stuffed sim, who still wants to eat cobbler with grapes, lol. Is it even possible? Or is this wish totally useless?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: 2009 May 28, 08:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or is this wish totally useless?

You can make any fruit into a cobbler, so what I'd do is remove all the fruit from the fridge except grapes, and then direct her to make cobbler.  She'll choose grapes and then that should work to fulfill the wish.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: 2009 May 28, 08:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make any fruit into a cobbler, so what I'd do is remove all the fruit from the fridge except grapes, and then direct her to make cobbler.  She'll choose grapes and then that should work to fulfill the wish.

How would I have done the spaghetti with watermelon? The cobbler thing my sister suggested making it with different fruit, but I didn't know it was possible, so thanks for that one! But the spaghetti with watermelon seems a little out there, lol
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: 2009 May 28, 08:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would I have done the spaghetti with watermelon? The cobbler thing my sister suggested making it with different fruit, but I didn't know it was possible, so thanks for that one! But the spaghetti with watermelon seems a little out there, lol

No clue on that one.  I checked and spaghetti only requires tomato, so it's beyond me...I wonder if pregnant Sims get an extra menu option to combine food or something??
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: 2009 May 28, 08:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't notice anything on the fridge, but she doesn't have very high cooking skills, I think its at 4 or 5 maybe.. I'll probably raise that one next and get her pregnant again to see. It takes so flippin long to skill up, I turned off aging, and have been playing these people for like 3 RL days, and still only half the skills maxed LOL I can't wait for a mod to fix that!  Cheesy
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: 2009 May 28, 08:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No clue on that one.  I checked and spaghetti only requires tomato, so it's beyond me...I wonder if pregnant Sims get an extra menu option to combine food or something??

Because even pregnant people would eat just about anything smushed together?  Undecided EAxis' logic is beyond me.

Hum, my baby is due in two days, I WANT TO EAT ATRAGIC CLOWNFISH SUNDAE!

Roll Eyes They could've been a little less ignorant. I thought TS3 was supposedly a step in a more realistic direction?
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: 2009 May 28, 09:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that, it worked! Immediately after eating that, she rolled a want to eat ice cream and spaghetti..... I don't even know how that one is possible, since you only get ice cream from quick meals, lol, I think I should have given her the insane trait or something, cause she's totally crazy!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: 2009 May 28, 09:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that, it worked! Immediately after eating that, she rolled a want to eat ice cream and spaghetti..... I don't even know how that one is possible, since you only get ice cream from quick meals, lol, I think I should have given her the insane trait or something, cause she's totally crazy!

I had a sim with cravings during pregnancy too, but something possible (lime tart, and "crumble aux fruits" (don't know how that would be called in english) with grapes). I put one grape in her inventory and send her to cook : she used the fruit in her inventory. I'll try to test it further to see if it always works like that.

One question : does anybody know how to get an omniplant at home ? I've found the one behind the science lab and feed it some fish, it worked well, but does not seem to give seeds... Do I have to keep looking for special unknown seeds and hope to get lucky ? (like for the money tree, life plant and those strange flaming fruit ?) Thanks.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: 2009 May 28, 09:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One question : does anybody know how to get an omniplant at home ? I've found the one behind the science lab and feed it some fish, it worked well, but does not seem to give seeds... Do I have to keep looking for special unknown seeds and hope to get lucky ? (like for the money tree, life plant and those strange flaming fruit ?) Thanks.

I am fairly sure you can only get an omniplant via an opportunity from a restaurant.  My Sim is currently working on growing and delivering 10 excellent cheeses to a restaurant, and in return he's supposed to get the chance to "plant some meaty new items".  My Sim has picked up tons and tons of seeds and never gotten an Omni plant seed.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: 2009 May 28, 10:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok well it seems eating the 2 things simultaneously if they cannot be combined and cooked together, such as the grapes and cobbler, does count and grant the wish. I had my girl go to eat some ice cream then spaghetti, unfortunately she went into labor mid ice cream, but when she returned home, after unloading 3 babies from a basket(wtf lol) I had her eat the spaghetti, then ice cream and her wish was fulfilled.

I am a little angry with the genetics! More like alot angry, I have a very dark skinned dad, and a very light skinned mom, their first pregnancy was twins, 1 very dark, 1 very light, they don't even look like twins because of that! Then now this 2nd pregnancy has given them triplets, 2 very dark, 1 very light.. at the very least if they won't blend, they could give them all the darker skin tone.

Also, has anyone sucessfully had a mulitple birth with different sexed babies? I noticed that all my multiple births have been all boys or all girls. This family has twin boys, triplet girls, in other families my sister and I both have twin girls.

And! I hate that they do not announce that you're having multiples! Like when they go to the hospital for the Dr. consultation they could have a popup saying it went well and you're having twins, or triplets! Or they could at least bother to tell you when you deliver! So you can cordinate names. I know thats been said before, but I still hate it, lol! They should bring back TS2 way of a pop up with "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" if you have twins, it is 1 box with both babies name boxes. It would be so much easier, but of course EA can't have us being happy or having things easily handed to us!
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: 2009 May 28, 10:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Fridges and food, does anyone know how to mass-move produce out of a sim's inventory rather than one by one?

I have 86 grapes that I harvested from my backyard, and I can't get rid of them
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: 2009 May 28, 10:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Fridges and food, does anyone know how to mass-move produce out of a sim's inventory rather than one by one?

I have 86 grapes that I harvested from my backyard, and I can't get rid of them

When you have multiple items in your inventory, it will have a curled corner.  Click and drag the curled corner to move the entire stack (whether to the sell bin, into a container like fridges, bookcases, or into the garbage can.)

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: 2009 May 28, 10:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There really was no one in the chair. I checked.

Did you look outside to see if anyone was peering in the window?  My mailman is a peeping tom and comes to look in the window all the time.  If someone happens to be near the window, they get an action in queue -- I think it's "react to peeping tom Sim" or somesuch.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1639 on: 2009 May 28, 10:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am fairly sure you can only get an omniplant via an opportunity from a restaurant.  My Sim is currently working on growing and delivering 10 excellent cheeses to a restaurant, and in return he's supposed to get the chance to "plant some meaty new items".  My Sim has picked up tons and tons of seeds and never gotten an Omni plant seed.

That's right. I got my omni plant seeds after completing the same opportunity, only with 10 perfect steaks instead of cheeses. Probably based on the sim's favorite food since mine's tri-tip stakes. When you complete that you get 6 omni plant seeds plus the option to order more via the mailbox.

In other news, money trees never seem to die. I started with a couple of them, and seed by seed (money trees drop seeds beneath them) I managed to now have 12 trees, without any of the original dying. Most of them are perfect quality, but I don't think that's the deal, since I've had other perfect plants complete their life cycle. Soon I'm gonna have a forest of them, and be able to practically live off them, since at the moment I'm getting more than 10k on a full harvest.

Has anyone have had their money tree die?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 28, 11:42:25 by angelo » Logged

Check out my strategy/sim game project: Start-a-town!
jrdseven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: 2009 May 28, 11:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And! I hate that they do not announce that you're having multiples! Like when they go to the hospital for the Dr. consultation they could have a popup saying it went well and you're having twins, or triplets! Or they could at least bother to tell you when you deliver! So you can cordinate names. I know thats been said before, but I still hate it, lol! They should bring back TS2 way of a pop up with "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" if you have twins, it is 1 box with both babies name boxes. It would be so much easier, but of course EA can't have us being happy or having things easily handed to us!

Is that not what the town hall is for?
farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: 2009 May 28, 11:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from another forum-

Just a heads-up for those planning to buy from EB Games in case they don't like Sims 3, to take advantage of their 7 day return policy (like me), EB Games are NOT offering their 7 day return policy for The Sims 3.

I tried to pre-order the Collectors Edition at my local store today, and was told that there was no return on the game because it had on-line activation.

I pointed out that EA have very publicly and very specifically stated that there is no on-line activation for the Sims 3, and I just got a shrug and an "I'm just doing what I'm told" as a response.

To the assistance credit, she did check with her manager first, but they are adement that there is no 7 days return for this game.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: 2009 May 28, 11:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right. I got my omni plant seeds after completing the same opportunity, only with 10 perfect stakes instead of cheeses. Probably based on the sim's favorite food since mine's tri-tip stakes. When you complete that you get 6 omni plant seeds plus the option to order more via the mailbox.

Don't those give you splinters in your mouth?

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1643 on: 2009 May 28, 11:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right. I got my omni plant seeds after completing the same opportunity, only with 10 perfect stakes instead of cheeses. Probably based on the sim's favorite food since mine's tri-tip stakes. When you complete that you get 6 omni plant seeds plus the option to order more via the mailbox.

Don't those give you splinters in your mouth?

I KNEW I was doing something wrong! Thanks!

Probable bug: My magical gnomes stopped working sometime after moving to a new house (probably after the move itself, though I can't say for sure). Of course it could still be due to reasons unrelated to the move, like naturally stopping moving after some while, or due to another completely unrelated bug  Undecided Anyway I plopped down some new ones from the stol... I mean the family inventory, and they work fine.

One other thing. Does anyone else's game lag tremendously while having the inventory panel open? (regular one, not family inventory) Each time an item gets removed from or added to the inventory while it's open, the game freezes for a couple of seconds. I noticed it as item count was beginning to grow so it may be that the more items you have the slower it becomes, like the loop checking the objects, stacks and slots is a horrible mess of a code.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 28, 13:02:25 by angelo » Logged

kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: 2009 May 28, 13:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a heads-up for those planning to buy from EB Games in case they don't like Sims 3, to take advantage of their 7 day return policy (like me), EB Games are NOT offering their 7 day return policy for The Sims 3.

I tried to pre-order the Collectors Edition at my local store today, and was told that there was no return on the game because it had on-line activation.

I pointed out that EA have very publicly and very specifically stated that there is no on-line activation for the Sims 3, and I just got a shrug and an "I'm just doing what I'm told" as a response.

To the assistance credit, she did check with her manager first, but they are adement that there is no 7 days return for this game.

I've never known EB to allow any return of an opened computer game
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1645 on: 2009 May 28, 13:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probable bug: My magical gnomes stopped working sometime after moving to a new house (probably after the move itself, though I can't say for sure). Of course it could still be due to reasons unrelated to the move, like naturally stopping moving after some while, or due to another completely unrelated bug  Undecided Anyway I plopped down some new ones from the stol... I mean the family inventory, and they work fine.

I think I preferred them not working... One of my new gnomes decided to listen to music in the middle of the night, ported near the stereo, lied down comfortably and turned it on, waking up my sim next room and giving him "Rude Awakening". Guess who got kicked.

MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: 2009 May 28, 13:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The flaming fruit can actually be found at a residents house. It's where I get it in my games to start my plants. Life plant has always just shown up in my inventory.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: 2009 May 28, 14:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoying bug with a wedding party. Possibly even fatal if it is reproducible (I will try to reproduce it tonight).

My sim had a wedding party to marry an NPC (a magician) at the beach. During the exchange of the rings everybody swarmed to cheer and a number of guests (5 or 6) got STUCK throwing rice (interaction: react to the wedding, Dad was doing the same but thanks God snapped out of it). 24 hrs later they were still there stuck (and throwing rice  Grin ). One of them is required to finish an opportunity and the other is the groom's boss. I am not happy to let those two die just yet.  (Former magician can phone the boss and sucking up at work increases relationship score, but the boss  does not turn up if invited).
I'll see if they do die and then try to reload and marry again at the beach.

For some stupid reason "testingcheatsenabled true" does not work for me (the command is accepted but no new options appear on the mailbox).
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: 2009 May 28, 14:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because it is testingcheatsenabled on

Wink

INTJ
Khaleesi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: 2009 May 28, 14:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I work for GameStop and we've never returned new games. Ever. Once you open it, it's yours unless it's defective and you want another copy. PC stuff is especially unreturnable because of cd keys and the like.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: