More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:57:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111742 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1575 on: 2009 May 27, 21:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found three ores on the coastline. I sent my sim from the Pier Point lot on the beach and had her just keep walking. I think she walked for about a sim hour to find the rocks. Can't remember what they were now, I think they were common type ones, nothing special, certainly not plutonium.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 2009 May 27, 21:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to keep up with the thread, but I've most likely skipped some pages, so the following may have been addressed.

What is up with the lack of relationships between family and/or household members? I've so far witnessed two sprog birthings with zero relationship for mother/child, which
is retarded. I wouldn't mind working them up to friendship status, but they should start with at least some relationship points.

Also, the first of the families the game moved into town without my permission(this is also retarded) consists of two adult women and a toddler. Neither of the
women has any relationship status with the other, or with the child. What the hell?

The regular feed / snuggle / play routine you have to go through with infants, as well as toddler training, should give you some reasonable level of relationship with the kid before it will ever matter.

No idea on the second one. That's bizarre.

Well derr. I know how to get the relationship up, but why wouldn't they start out with one. It are stupid.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 2009 May 27, 21:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to keep up with the thread, but I've most likely skipped some pages, so the following may have been addressed.

What is up with the lack of relationships between family and/or household members? I've so far witnessed two sprog birthings with zero relationship for mother/child, which
is retarded. I wouldn't mind working them up to friendship status, but they should start with at least some relationship points.

Also, the first of the families the game moved into town without my permission(this is also retarded) consists of two adult women and a toddler. Neither of the
women has any relationship status with the other, or with the child. What the hell?

The regular feed / snuggle / play routine you have to go through with infants, as well as toddler training, should give you some reasonable level of relationship with the kid before it will ever matter.

No idea on the second one. That's bizarre.

Well derr. I know how to get the relationship up, but why wouldn't they start out with one. It are stupid.

Well, for instance, my evil sim has fathered 4 bastards, none of which he has ever met.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: 2009 May 27, 21:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PS - Hello all!

I have been letting a whole lot of stupid crap go by to the keeper (including Mr Snowflake who is so kindly willing to wait an entire week for the mods he wants), but this shit stops now. We don't like you, we don't care that you are new, and we certainly don't want greetings.

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: 2009 May 27, 21:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, for instance, my evil sim has fathered 4 bastards, none of which he has ever met.

That's not illogical. It's illogical for the birth parent to leave the hospital carrying an infant and have no further relationship progress than she had with
a person she greeted two days ago.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 2009 May 27, 21:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not illogical. It's illogical for the birth parent to leave the hospital carrying an infant and have no further relationship progress than she had with
a person she greeted two days ago.

Hell, I dunno. Maybe EA is giving sociopaths the benefit of the doubt.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 2009 May 27, 21:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I am hoping this hasn't been mentioned as it is so hard to even get this thread open.  My sim kid was riding her bike home from the park last night and, on the way home, guess who she passed?  Herself on a bike!  Undecided I followed the clone for a bit but then lost her at a steep hill I thought she would be coming over.  What is the deal with this?  VBT? Is this because of the whole place a copy of a family thing while the real one sits in the sim bin thing?  Not too cool to have two of the same sims residing in the same town.  I really hope the clone isn't living in another house and I just haven't found her yet.

Has this happened to anyone else?
mko
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: 2009 May 27, 21:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do rocks and minerals have any use other than selling and putting on display?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 2009 May 27, 21:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, which is disappointing. I thought at least that we'd be able to make jewelry out of them.

I've been trying to get all butterflies. It has not gone well. So far, I have:
Green Swallowtail
Monarch
Royal Purple
Mission Blue
Zephyr Metalmark
Moth
Red Admiral
Silver-Spotted Skipper

I know there's a rainbow one, but there has to be one or two more. I'm currently saving up for the collector's perk, but had to spend some points on ensuring that my sim would be a great host. I don't want to see an over-reactive party animal after a bombed party.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Immortal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 2009 May 27, 21:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the moodlet manager, my Sim used it a couple of times and it only seemed to work once.  Then it was gone from the inventory the next time I loaded the inventory (though I think I switched families in-between).

My Sim has finally gotten the teleportation pad.  He's currently updating it for perfect teleportation, since it's another unique upgrade (still trying to figure out what they all are).

After I plunked down the reward, all the members of the family could now teleport anywhere:

Mmm guess I'll save and see how the moodlet manager works, can always get the collection helper instead if the manager's a bust.

One thing to note with the telepad is that you can always teleport back to your home if you choose the option from your cellphone. At least I initially missed this.
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 2009 May 27, 22:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, which is disappointing. I thought at least that we'd be able to make jewelry out of them.

Green Swallowtail
Monarch
Royal Purple
Mission Blue
Zephyr Metalmark
Moth
Red Admiral
Silver-Spotted Skipper

I know there's a rainbow one, but there has to be one or two more. I'm currently saving up for the collector's perk, but had to spend some points on ensuring that my sim would be a great host. I don't want to see an over-reactive party animal after a bombed party.

There is a Red Somethingorother (sorry don't have the game running right now).  It's supposedly a common one but I had cases stacked to the ceiling before I found one.

ETA: my reading comprehension skills: let me show u dem.  Red Admiral.  My eyes totes skimmed right over that about 10 times until I read it in the quote in my own post.  Durr. 
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: 2009 May 27, 22:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Green Swallowtail
Monarch
Royal Purple
Mission Blue
Zephyr Metalmark
Moth
Red Admiral
Silver-Spotted Skipper

I'm pretty disappointed with the collection rewards. Seems like all they give you is the ability to find things you already have.

At least the collector helper also helps find seeds. That was useful.
jrdseven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: 2009 May 27, 22:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Green Swallowtail
Monarch
Royal Purple
Mission Blue
Zephyr Metalmark
Moth
Red Admiral
Silver-Spotted Skipper

Get the guitar skill up to around 4, or ideally 5, then just play guitar (or for tips, if you can) just before the first guest arrives and carry on till everyone leaves. I've hosted about 30/40 parties like this and the worst score I've had was pretty good, but most of them are "great."

Re: Butterflies - Have you tried that Stone Henge place?
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: 2009 May 27, 22:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a brief window where the forum has loaded, so I wanted to mention this in case it hasn't been:

I noticed in my save files there was Sunset Valley.sims3 and Sunset Valley.sims3.bak. So I think at any given time you may have one extra saved iteration backwards in case you really eff everything up. Haven't tried renaming one of the .bak files and testing this theory, 'cause, y'know, they don't let me play Sims 3 at work for some weird reason.
gyrobot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: 2009 May 27, 22:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do rocks and minerals have any use other than selling and putting on display?

Adds to decor which adds to mood, add a nice garden and you will get a very nice enviroment boost as your sim relaxes in the garden.
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: 2009 May 27, 23:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, renaming the saves with .bak on them works fine. Had to do this when one of my saves wouldn't load for some reason, but I renamed the backup and it was one save behind, basically. Really handy.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: 2009 May 27, 23:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The collecting is disappointing, you can't do anything with the crap. At least you can put the fish in fish bowls and the insects on display. It's nice to know that the metal bars are stack-able though. For those collecting, I found at least four different insects at the ruins that look a little like Stonehenge. They only seem to show at night. Every trip to the area that looks like an abandoned mine produces several different gems and metals. At least three of my sim's plutonium bars were found there.

I have yet to find that huge stone however.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: 2009 May 28, 00:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'm just stating the obivous here, but it's hard not to imagine they've taken a cue from MMOs, and that it would be a good idea to hoard those 'mats' for future xpac 'recipe drops'.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: 2009 May 28, 00:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I practically live at Stonehenge. Found the tiger-striped one there, and it looks like as soon as I can find the rainbow one, I'll have them all.

Also found the plutonium at the mine.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: 2009 May 28, 00:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally got through the whole thread; I'm exhausted. Grin  Anyhoo.  Probably missed it somewhere; but when/if Sims 3 Store stuff is shared here, will it actually be importable into the game?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
jrdseven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: 2009 May 28, 00:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I practically live at Stonehenge. Found the tiger-striped one there, and it looks like as soon as I can find the rainbow one, I'll have them all.

Also found the plutonium at the mine.

Nice one - Give my guitar party trick a go, you won't be disappointed. You don't even need refreshments for the guests. In fact, it's probably better if you don't. I earn shit loads from it. You can certainly earn at least 3/4k per party when your skill gets to the top, and you can host 2 parties per day. Great way to earn a living and keep a party animal sim happy.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: 2009 May 28, 00:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the moodlet manager, my Sim used it a couple of times and it only seemed to work once.  Then it was gone from the inventory the next time I loaded the inventory (though I think I switched families in-between).
Switching fambly = loss of inventory items. yay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: 2009 May 28, 00:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would actually prefer that. It's harder to act out Mommy Dearest scenarios when you're handed relationship points off the bat. NO WIRE HANGERS, EVER.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 28, 00:53:12 by timelycorruption » Logged

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: 2009 May 28, 01:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a Joke! they really borked that up. Hopefully we get a mod or fix whether its 3rd Party or EAxis that fixes this... but for EAxis to fix this.. its the age old... Shit in one hand, wish in the other.

Smile.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: 2009 May 28, 01:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the moodlet manager, my Sim used it a couple of times and it only seemed to work once.  Then it was gone from the inventory the next time I loaded the inventory (though I think I switched families in-between).

Yeah, I figured that was the reason.  Which is why I was not so surprised (but pissed).
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: