More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 13:19:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1118583 times)
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1350 on: 2009 May 26, 10:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there better gem cuts that you can get at certain points?

I can't remember what the second cut option was, but eventually there was something available in addition to the emerald cut.  I also can't find anything to do with smelted ores other than sticking them in a room to raise environment score.  I was hoping they'd lead to some sort of craftable, but apparently not.  

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: 2009 May 26, 10:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was egged on by FPJ, Kiki and Nec to do this.

http://zoopy.com/q/xdh (fullscreen toggle werkz).

or

http://tinyurl.com/haveaseatvideo (same video)

P.S. I hate the camera movement control system in TS3!! It sux. Also, I was too lazy to make a proper 3-walled Sim video set, so deal with that, k.

ETA: Myubo sux, link zorched.

Awesomeness.

I'm glad you LIEKed it! I DID IT FOR THE LULZ.

I can't remember what the second cut option was, but eventually there was something available in addition to the emerald cut.  I also can't find anything to do with smelted ores other than sticking them in a room to raise environment score.  I was hoping they'd lead to some sort of craftable, but apparently not. 

I believe someone said that they got the option to cut their rock into a plumbob shape. Tongue

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: 2009 May 26, 11:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seriously can't play more than 1 sim family per 'hood?

Why do people keep saying that.  I'm playing 3 families in my game
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: 2009 May 26, 11:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

simologiical was my fave sim site as was MATY and insim... I guess i have to wai untill these geniuses make it playable as they did with sims 2, but that shouldnt be up to them
or the brains like Crazetex,,

All I do is upload savefiles with blue people...?

Watched the pedobear movie. Amusing and creepy!
farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: 2009 May 26, 11:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seriously can't play more than 1 sim family per 'hood?

Why do people keep saying that.  I'm playing 3 families in my game
CRAP! it is one house household or forfiet any acheivements by starting another visit others yes but not more than one fambly
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: 2009 May 26, 11:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time you change families, you are running the risk of one of them suddenly getting pregnant and/or married, dying, or moving away permanently. It's not that you physically can't, it's that the way the game is set up strongly discourages you from switching between families.

I sing along with elevator music.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: 2009 May 26, 11:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there better gem cuts that you can get at certain points?

I can't remember what the second cut option was, but eventually there was something available in addition to the emerald cut.  I also can't find anything to do with smelted ores other than sticking them in a room to raise environment score.  I was hoping they'd lead to some sort of craftable, but apparently not. 

All I've seen so far is emerald cut and oval cut.

CRAP! it is one house household or forfiet any acheivements by starting another visit others yes but not more than one fambly

You don't forfeit achievements.  You lose opportunities and wishes.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: 2009 May 26, 11:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which isn't a big deal; wishes pop back up in seconds (especially big LTW-related ones) and opportunities are usually finished up in a day or two... unless you have a giant family, finishing them isn't a big deal if you want to switcharoo.

As for TS3 causing babies to pop out of sims, why yes, that is part of the game. TS3 is, believe it or not, 1.5x greater than TS2.
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: 2009 May 26, 11:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which isn't a big deal; wishes pop back up in seconds (especially big LTW-related ones) and opportunities are usually finished up in a day or two... unless you have a giant family, finishing them isn't a big deal if you want to switcharoo.

As for TS3 causing babies to pop out of sims, why yes, that is part of the game. TS3 is, believe it or not, 1.5x greater than TS2.

I have to say althouogh it can use some improvement(which i'm sure will come with mods and ea money making expansions) , I'm pretty pleased with the game. No TS2 regret here
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1359 on: 2009 May 26, 11:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you have to do to get higher cuts?  Is it just a matter of finding/cutting more gems, or something else?

You technically could argue that achievements are never there to be lost, since there are no memories.  Tongue  My sims do tend to lose their inventories when I switch around, but sometimes they also gain random crap that can be sold for more money than the sim actually has.  I wouldn't actually be surprised if sims you left alone would quit their jobs and get new ones, or autonomously break up with their spouses or something, though.  If they leave town, you've lost all the playtime you ever put into them.

Also, NB:  If you're doing an opportunity that involves reading a book, don't sell the book until you finish the opportunity.  Even if you read it before selling it, you lose the opportunity.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: 2009 May 26, 11:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the part where Sims can now die off and/or move away for good when you don't play them? Unsurprisingly, this is a major DNW for some people, including myself. If I invest the time into creating a family, I don't want them to suddenly disappear three days later. That was sort of the point behind me creating them.

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: 2009 May 26, 11:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you have to do to get higher cuts?  Is it just a matter of finding/cutting more gems, or something else?

I think it's a matter of finding more unique types of gems.  Once I found the pink diamond, I got the oval cut.  But I'm still only at 90% of unique gems, it's quite frustrating to not have the last 10%!

In other news, I thought this LTW was kinda funny:

Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 2009 May 26, 11:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hum. Gems can be cut into basic shapes (Emerald, oval, pear, etc.. gradually increasing in cost), and the list increases as you collect more and "skill" at collecting them (check your skill journals Smiley ) - and when you've collected them all it gives you the option to get the "Supa-mega-cutz0mgcozweallluvplumbobsrite?" cut option to shape it as a plumbob. It's a nice touch but nothing special.

Does anyone else think the teleporting is fap-fap worthy? Tongue
The animation > TS2's teleport. (Debug mode, Shift-click location).
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1363 on: 2009 May 26, 11:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup - yeah, that was offered to my sim too.

So the super-expensive top gem cut is the plumbob one?  That's pretty funny.

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: 2009 May 26, 11:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So when do they start offering you different cuts for the gemstones, do you know?
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: 2009 May 26, 11:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the part where Sims can now die off and/or move away for good when you don't play them? Unsurprisingly, this is a major DNW for some people, including myself. If I invest the time into creating a family, I don't want them to suddenly disappear three days later. That was sort of the point behind me creating them.

People keep talking like EA meant for the story progression toggle to do nothing.  I'm no fan of EA's for the same reason everyone else around here despises them but seriously.  I sincerely doubt that even EA is lazy/blind/disinterested/stupid enough to release a game with a fundamental feature not working properly.  Even in that supremely unlikely situation, the worst case scenario is you download Pes's fix when he makes it available. 
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: 2009 May 26, 11:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was egged on by The FOJ, kiki and Nec to do this.

http://zoopy.com/q/xdh (fullscreen toggle werkz).

or

http://tinyurl.com/haveaseatvideo (same video)

P.S. I hate the camera movement control system in TS3!! It sux. Also, I was too lazy to make a proper 3-walled Sim video set, so deal with that, k.

ETA: Myubo sux, link zorched.
You rocked my socks off with this one. When my mom wakes up it will be waiting for her.
OMG I lol'd so much over this. I love that show but it is also now why the family PC is in the living room where an adult can see it all times.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: 2009 May 26, 12:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People keep talking like EA meant for the story progression toggle to do nothing.  I'm no fan of EA's for the same reason everyone else around here despises them but seriously.  I sincerely doubt that even EA is lazy/blind/disinterested/stupid enough to release a game with a fundamental feature not working properly.  Even in that supremely unlikely situation, the worst case scenario is you download Pes's fix when he makes it available. 

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Either EA intentionally created the story progression toggle to be ineffective, or they screwed up due to laziness/blindness/stupidity. Unless you are arguing that this bug will not be present in the released version?

And needing Pescado's fix is the point I was trying to make. If we need a modder to fix basic problems with the game, we are in the same position as TS2. A game that is 1.5x greater than TS2 would have the basic bugs worked out of it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: 2009 May 26, 12:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You technically could argue that achievements are never there to be lost, since there are no memories.  Tongue  My sims do tend to lose their inventories when I switch around, but sometimes they also gain random crap that can be sold for more money than the sim actually has.
Inventory loss is going to be fixed in AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1369 on: 2009 May 26, 12:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will it also fix the random acquisition of stuff (primarily books) that the sim should not be able to afford?

daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: 2009 May 26, 12:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Either EA intentionally created the story progression toggle to be ineffective, or they screwed up due to laziness/blindness/stupidity. Unless you are arguing that this bug will not be present in the released version?

And needing Pescado's fix is the point I was trying to make. If we need a modder to fix basic problems with the game, we are in the same position as TS2. A game that is 1.5x greater than TS2 would have the basic bugs worked out of it.

Why exactly would EA bother to make a toggle if they didn't intend for it to do something?  I have enough experience with programming to know that disabling certain features is something that is sometimes done in an attempt to isolate a bug.  Yes I'm arguing that this is not the final version.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1371 on: 2009 May 26, 12:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why exactly would EA bother to make a toggle if they didn't intend for it to do something?  I have enough experience with programming to know that disabling certain features is something that is sometimes done in an attempt to isolate a bug.  Yes I'm arguing that this is not the final version.

There is nothing to gain in terms of isolating bugs by intentionally disabling an options setting; if anything, being able to turn off story progression would actually be more useful during development.  My theory is that they left the options menu for last and forgot to properly implement parts of it.  I'm also seeing bugs in which some of the non-played families don't seem to be adhering to my Epic-length lifespans, and other people have reported similar here.

daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 2009 May 26, 12:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is nothing to gain in terms of isolating bugs by intentionally disabling an options setting; if anything, being able to turn off story progression would actually be more useful during development.  My theory is that they left the options menu for last and forgot to properly implement parts of it.  I'm also seeing bugs in which some of the non-played families don't seem to be adhering to my Epic-length lifespans, and other people have reported similar here.

I was just throwing out a suggestion, I don't have the knowledge to argue the finer points with anyone.  My only point is that IMO, this is too glaringly obvious an issue for even EA to miss it.  It's not like baby swarming or something similar with TS2 that was annoying but not game-breaking (for most players) even if you didn't have a hack.  Having a CAS sim up and disappear can't be an intended thing.  I just don't buy that even EA is that oblivious to what its players want. 
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 2009 May 26, 12:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a CAS sim up and disappear can't be an intended thing.  I just don't buy that even EA is that oblivious to what its players want. 

It seems to me that having a CAS sim "up and disappear" (assuming you mean "move out of town") is exactly an intentional potential consequence of Story Progression.  The only borkedness there is not being able to actually turn it off by disabling Story Progression.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 2009 May 26, 13:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a CAS sim up and disappear can't be an intended thing.  I just don't buy that even EA is that oblivious to what its players want. 

It seems to me that having a CAS sim "up and disappear" (assuming you mean "move out of town") is exactly an intentional potential consequence of Story Progression.  The only borkedness there is not being able to actually turn it off by disabling Story Progression.

That's what I meant.  Up and disappear even though you've told the game you don't want those things to happen. Judging on the reports of the rates at which some families are expanding it seems possible to me that story progression is working a little better than EA intended.  That is the kind of thing I can buy EA blowing off.  I don't buy them just completely forgetting to make the toggle work. 
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: