More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:35:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1118609 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1175 on: 2009 May 25, 02:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the mood candle can't be recolored either.  At least I can't get it to.  I think there are a couple of other small things, too.

And I see that the game crashing after enabling the testing cheats is still a staple.  Trying to age my toddler (because the damn cake doesn't want to age him) resulted in a crash to desktop.  Sadly, my sim had just had the baby girl she wanted, so now I get to go through labor all over again.
I've yet to have a crash. Probably a system issue. Not saying that you should have a system issue. Hello, Nvidia bug.

You can't recolor painting frames, which makes me a sad panda. On the same note, during cell phone pics and still life painting, you cannot switch to camera mode and cannot move the frame up and down on the Y axis. A work-around is to pause, cue the action, tab into camera mode, get situated, then unpause. It's total fail for action shots.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
snowluv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: 2009 May 25, 02:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a restriction on how many textures can be imported into the game? Does anyone see a future conflict with this once we are able to  import new meshes?
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: 2009 May 25, 02:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the various previews, CCCC, hands ons, etc., there was some talk among the sheeples of more public woohoo options.  Did this actually come to fruition or were they getting their 12-year-old panties moist for nothing?

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: 2009 May 25, 02:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a restriction on how many textures can be imported into the game? Does anyone see a future conflict with this once we are able to  import new meshes?

Dumb question, but...we can import textures?
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: 2009 May 25, 02:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snerk* My evil sim just had a wish to steal candy from her own kid.  I had her do it and she immediately tossed up a wish to snuggle him. Tongue
snowluv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: 2009 May 25, 03:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just reading above my post about custom textures. I was wondering if, once we are able to, will there be a restriction on how many files we will be able to store?  I am not playing an arrred game because I phailed at being a pirate, the shame will haunt me for at least another two weeks.  Cry  Or until the brownies are out of the oven and I have appeased my inner child.  Tongue  Soo, I am assuming the OP was speaking of the custom textures that were created within the game, not ones that have been imported for use. The fact that once a few have been saved is causing a lag in loading times makes me wonder if we will be restricted on how many we can have at any given point.
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: 2009 May 25, 03:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just reading above my post about custom textures. I was wondering if, once we are able to, will there be a restriction on how many files we will be able to store?  I am not playing an arrred game because I phailed at being a pirate, the shame will haunt me for at least another two weeks.  Cry  Or until the brownies are out of the oven and I have appeased my inner child.  Tongue  Soo, I am assuming the OP was speaking of the custom textures that were created within the game, not ones that have been imported for use. The fact that once a few have been saved is causing a lag in loading times makes me wonder if we will be restricted on how many we can have at any given point.

Are you talking about the post that discusses saving your own presets?  If I'm not mistaken, those are combinations of textures rather than textures themselves -- it may be difficult to correlate loading time increase from presets to loading time increase from new textures.  There is a place on the new Exchange (or the Store? or both?) for new textures, so this is something that should be available in TS3 (hopefully without EAxis's interference, thankyouverymuch). 

daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: 2009 May 25, 04:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great pics! Thanks! That one with the screaming baby in the crib is hilarious!
« Last Edit: 2009 May 25, 04:56:57 by daisylee » Logged
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: 2009 May 25, 04:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has been posted, but SimPrograms is reporting that the leak is 17 builds pre-final.

http://www.simprograms.com/leaked-sims-3-game-is-17-builds-behind/comment-page-1/#comment-30399

Wonder why your leaked Sims 3 game that you've downloaded is low on content and has many bugs?  If you've guessed it's not the final version, you are correct!  According to the various comments in some of my previous posts, the leaked version is 1.0.615.00107.  Well, a crafty Sims fan found information of the first Sims 3 patch from EA (http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku7_update_manifest.xml) which reads that it'll take the game (1.0.631.00107) and update to version 1.0.632.00107.  A lot can change in 17 builds!

Hmmm ... I don't know enough about these things to know exactly how much can change in 17 builds, personally. It would depend on how much time elapsed during those builds, right?
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: 2009 May 25, 04:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the various previews, CCCC, hands ons, etc., there was some talk among the sheeples of more public woohoo options.  Did this actually come to fruition or were they getting their 12-year-old panties moist for nothing?

Far as I can tell, there's fewer. No clothing store means no changing booths, so that one's gone. Basically the only things left that Sims were able to woohoo in in TS2 are beds and cars, and I haven't tried the cars yet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: 2009 May 25, 04:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great pics! Thanks! That one with the screaming baby in the hood is hilarious!
And I have no idea which baby it is, since at current count they have six boys. Six. Christopher has never gotten the girl he wants, poor guy. Since his wife is five days to elder and the eldest is 3 days to young adult, he never will. Gotta love 1.5% odds.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 2009 May 25, 04:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Far as I can tell, there's fewer. No clothing store means no changing booths, so that one's gone. Basically the only things left that Sims were able to woohoo in in TS2 are beds and cars, and I haven't tried the cars yet.

That's what I was assuming, but I thought I'd ask and see.

Great pics! Thanks! That one with the screaming baby in the hood is hilarious!
And I have no idea which baby it is, since at current count they have six boys. Six. Christopher has never gotten the girl he wants, poor guy. Since his wife is five days to elder and the eldest is 3 days to young adult, he never will. Gotta love 1.5% odds.

Well, there's always a chance with much-younger-golddigging-wifey-numero-dos

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 2009 May 25, 05:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, where is the money tree seed found?  Anyone know?

I found the Money Tree Seed on the up-slope besides the Cemetery (it might also be found by that Dome of the Science Center).  It will be one of the Unknown Special seeds.  So it's pot-luck planting them and seeing what grows, tho once it sprouts, you can tell it's a Money Tree, then get rid of the rest.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 2009 May 25, 05:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, where is the money tree seed found?  Anyone know?

I found the Money Tree Seed on the up-slope besides the Cemetery (it might also be found by that Dome of the Science Center).  It will be one of the Unknown Special seeds.  So it's pot-luck planting them and seeing what grows, tho once it sprouts, you can tell it's a Money Tree, then get rid of the rest.
Save yourself up 40,000 Life Points and buy the Collection Finder thing, or what ever it is.. you can then see all the seeds on the map, and you can spend a sims week getting your sim to run around all over the map picking them up, but I have noticed that one day the "unknown" seed will be in once place, then the next day/week I go back to get more seeds, and find that there is a tomato one there, so yeah its hit-and-miss.

Smile.
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 2009 May 25, 05:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found real evidence that we trully have the full game.
Sorry, build versions are different from arr version and retail version.  Embarrassed
Build 1.0.631.00107 is the release that is coming next week. The pirate version is 1.0.615.00107.
EA has the first patch ready for the release game (x.x.631.x to x.x.632.x).

Quote:
"It's not the full game. Half of the world — an entire second city — is missing,"
said spokeswoman Holly Rockwood in a statement.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i2Ts-zyPtq_1NOZV49oeN7ZvY4RgD98BBEMG0

EA said we get a second city up for download when we register the game. Wink

« Last Edit: 2009 May 25, 07:02:56 by X-Phile » Logged
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: 2009 May 25, 05:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found real evidence that we trully have the full game.
Quote:
"It's not the full game. Half of the world — an entire second city — is missing,"
said spokeswoman Holly Rockwood in a statement.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i2Ts-zyPtq_1NOZV49oeN7ZvY4RgD98BBEMG0

EA said we get a second city up for download when we register the game. Wink

From that article, "EA said the pirated version "is a buggy, pre-final" version of the game."
Edit: Either this is a full version and like said many times before, they are covering their asses, because the game is crap... or it is infact, a pre-release of the final game, which would hopefully make sence as to why there are alot of issues with it.. and barely any content. the fact that we dont get another city is because we cant register a pirated game, but because its missing. I guess we wont know until the official copy is in our hands and every one elses.

Smile.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 2009 May 25, 05:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be pretty dense, but how the hell do you drag anything into their inventory? The only way I can move a sofa around is if I'm in buy or build, and if I'm in either of these modes, the inventory is stuck in the live mode UI and thus inaccessible.

What am I missing ?

Switch to the inventory tab in live mode, and then just hover over the item in live mode, left-click and hold down the button and drag it to the inventory window.

OK, I managed to put the teddy bear into one of my Sim's inventories. Nothing else I've tried to drag in budges.

I guess that the days of moving whatever you want into a Sim's inventory are over. This will make moving out individual Sims pretty horrible.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 2009 May 25, 05:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that the days of moving whatever you want into a Sim's inventory are over. This will make moving out individual Sims pretty horrible.

Actually, when you move them out, you can make the choice to pack their belongings or leave them behind.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 2009 May 25, 05:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Either this is a full version and like said many times before, they are covering their asses, because the game is crap... or it is infact, a pre-release of the final game, which would hopefully make sence as to why there are alot of issues with it.. and barely any content.

Build 1.0.631.00107 is the release that is coming next week. The pirate version is 1.0.615.00107.

JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 2009 May 25, 05:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Either this is a full version and like said many times before, they are covering their asses, because the game is crap... or it is infact, a pre-release of the final game, which would hopefully make sence as to why there are alot of issues with it.. and barely any content.

Sweet, this is good to know, and i have no doubts that patch will be obsolate about 2 hours after being availble! Haha. Good old EAxis never fails! The Fails.

Smile.
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: 2009 May 25, 06:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the game is confirmed to be obsolete? It appears we won't know until June...

I hope it's less of a complete fail.

Also, did anyone think they just took Sims 2 and merged it with Splotch? Especially the CAST is creepily exact to the Creature Creator.
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 2009 May 25, 07:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be pretty dense, but how the hell do you drag anything into their inventory? The only way I can move a sofa around is if I'm in buy or build, and if I'm in either of these modes, the inventory is stuck in the live mode UI and thus inaccessible.

What am I missing ?

Switch to the inventory tab in live mode, and then just hover over the item in live mode, left-click and hold down the button and drag it to the inventory window.

OK, I managed to put the teddy bear into one of my Sim's inventories. Nothing else I've tried to drag in budges.

IDK if you know about the family inventory in build/buy mode. Thats where you put most stuff now and then you can move it around, sell it or store. THe UI inventory AFAIK is for stuff that the sims will readily use like the cell phone, books etc.

Aphrodite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: 2009 May 25, 07:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice pics Zazazu, my sim married that Christopher guy too. Do you know if you can use any bait to catch different fish or does it have to be another fish? I'm up to around 9 of his 13. I like that because he's a natural cook he can 'jazz up' any dish, or whatver terminology they use in game.  Are you finding the sprinklers effective? My sims just seem to want to play in them all the time, incessantly.

Does anyone know how to use the Death Flower?  I have several in my sims inventory but can't figure it out- I assume it's to bring a ghost back to 'life', but I can't find an option.  Talking of ghosts, everytime my sim visits the graveyard a ghost runs out and jumps into a car and drives off...  

infact here they are queuing up, the ghost standing jumped into another car after the first one left- what have they got 'rent-a-ghost' jobs or something?  I've seen a ghost child too which is creepy, she doesn't drive yet.

Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1198 on: 2009 May 25, 07:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to use the Death Flower?  I have several in my sims inventory but can't figure it out- I assume it's to bring a ghost back to 'life', but I can't find an option.  

Didn't they say the death flower let you beg for your life when you die?  You just keep it in the inventory until it happens.

To make playable ghosts I think it is that Oh My Ghost! opportunity from the science center.

I did not try to verify either though.
farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 2009 May 25, 07:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now doesn't that say something,They already have a patch for the new superior release,
So to fix the crap June release (exact what we have now?) to cover their lie,they patch the new one with some bug fixes a bit more content and "maybe an extra town"
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: