More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:27:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111828 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1100 on: 2009 May 24, 19:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the favorites are supposed to do something? I had a sim eat his favorite food and listen to his favorite
station, but I didn't see any moodlets pop up or anything special.

My Sims make little happy noises and clap their hands when they get their favorite food.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 2009 May 24, 19:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the favorites are supposed to do something? I had a sim eat his favorite food and listen to his favorite

My Sims make little happy noises and clap their hands when they get their favorite food.

Ah Ok, I was paying more attention to the moodlet bar than I was watching the sim.  Cheesy
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: 2009 May 24, 19:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I was in a wedding yesterday and while we were waiting in the limo bus for the bride to get her butt moving so we could, you know, make it to the church on time, her neighbors were sitting on their porch. The mom of the family was holding her toddler girl, who was waving happily...pantsless. Mom kept pulling her shirt down, as if her waist-length top was going to do anything. Nothing could hide that vag. Talk about DNW. With sim toddlers, you can actually click on a wardrobe with the toddler active to plan wardrobe. Your simmy toddlers can go shirtless or shirt-on, but luckily their vag will keep covered.

Poor kid is gonna start school and be known as that kid who runs around with no pants on.  People are incredible.  Mom clearly cares since she's pulling the shirt down but fails to do the easier thing and just put pants on the child.  
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 2009 May 24, 19:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim does that too. Also, she cooks it autonomously so often she practically lives on it.  Cheesy
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 2009 May 24, 19:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of mine just had a wish to prepare her romantic interest's favorite meal when she invited him over.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: 2009 May 24, 19:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what the omni plant behind the science center eats?  I have the option to feed it finally, but I am not sure what to put into her inventory to feed it so she can harvest it.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 2009 May 24, 20:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do we get ghosts playable again? I tried putting the tombstone in Agnes's inventory and clicking on the science center. No option to "resurrect" came up.
linz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 2009 May 24, 20:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what the omni plant behind the science center eats?  I have the option to feed it finally, but I am not sure what to put into her inventory to feed it so she can harvest it.

I think it will eat anything, thus being named the omni plant (omnivore)
tyleetwen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: 2009 May 24, 20:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something on the strange side happen earlier today:

I've been playing Jamie Jolina for a week or two of game time, and all the sudden she was credited ~75k simoleons. From what I can tell, no one she knows has died or moved away, and she's not a partner in anything, either. Anyone know if this was scripted, or just, uh, weird?
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 2009 May 24, 20:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what the omni plant behind the science center eats?  I have the option to feed it finally, but I am not sure what to put into her inventory to feed it so she can harvest it.

Whaterever you feed it, this you will harvest.
I discovered books, fish and every fruit and vegetable obviously. Maybe something else. It's interesting to see books on branches  Cheesy
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: 2009 May 24, 20:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whaterever you feed it, this you will harvest. I harvested books Smiley

Really? Crap.  I fed it a perfect apple (I went for quality rather than something special).  Well, I guess now I know I should go for something different next time.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: 2009 May 24, 20:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New album, 45 images.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mikka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: 2009 May 24, 20:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For music, using a fairly nice stereo, my sims would get a +15 moodlet for the nice tunes.  If I switched it to their favorite station, neither the icon nor the description changed (I think), but the moodlet read +25.  So that does seem to work.  My sims tend to automatically change it to their favorite station, too, if they're left idle in the room for a few moments.

As for the favorite food, I haven't seen it do much.  Sims seem happy eating it, and I've seen 'prepare (someone's) favorite food' wants, but... that's all.  But... someone asked a question back in the thread a bit about being asked to deliver a group meal to someone.  I got that as an opportunity, and invited the Sim over and left him to read while the Sim cooked up (serve full meal or whatever option).  I made around five different dishes and started twitching... but then I made the favorite food of the requesting Sim, and he took that dish happily, but none of the others.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: 2009 May 24, 20:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers for those Zazazu. Interesting viewing for those of us still lacking in TS3.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: 2009 May 24, 20:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, ninja'd by snoozelwoozel.

EDIT: After seeing a picture of the TS3 maid, I really hope there'll be modding and default replacements. The TS2 maid was dressed in a not very practical manner, but this is just over the top. I imagine it would be quite uncomfortable bending down to pick up trash in that dress  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 May 24, 20:56:25 by Tsarina » Logged

INEPT INTP
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: 2009 May 24, 20:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of nasties to report.

My sister was playing her neighborhood yesterday, only to find that three of the families had completely disappeared. The three families in question were actually created on Sims 3 on another computer (my laptop) and imported into the neighborhood. They played fine for awhile, but then were suddenly completely removed on a game load. This could be a custom content problem of some sort. Her other family, neighborhood CAS originals, were untouched. So there might be a problem when bringing in custom sims, although I have no idea what it could be. She put new copies of the custom sims in a new neighborhood. Now I wonder if they'll disappear again.

Secondly, I have this family I've been trying to set up a story for. A teenage brother takes care of his three younger triplet sisters after their parents die in a fire. Sounds like a Lifetime movie. Anyway, I'm still trying to set up the story correctly, but in one of my failures, I forgot to use motherlode before I moved them out, so they had no cash and had to merge with an existing family because you can't move onto empty residential lots for god knows why. And you know what that did? The four siblings lost all relationship to each other. They only knew each other as "best friends", although they all still share the same dead parents. Needless to say, that attempt was another bork so I have to go back once more to my chair-filled room with a fireplace and no door to try and burn the parents alive because our good old Tombstone of L & D is gone. Summary: Moving siblings into an existing household might break their bonds.

If only this really was a buggy pre-release...
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1116 on: 2009 May 24, 20:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but then I made the favorite food of the requesting Sim, and he took that dish happily, but none of the others.

The headmaster is gonna be hard to please then...

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: 2009 May 24, 21:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fun bit: Child Mortimer once sat down to play chess with a ghost. He didn't even look scared.

Still, game is boring me already.
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: 2009 May 24, 21:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh? There's still a headmaster in this one?
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: 2009 May 24, 21:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers for those Zazazu. Interesting viewing for those of us still lacking in TS3.

Here are mine, if you'd like to look at more screenies.
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: 2009 May 24, 22:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the pics.  Thanks everyone.  With the reports of limited items and difficult to navigate catalogs it would be neat to see pics of the catalogs and stuff. Anyone?
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1121 on: 2009 May 24, 22:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding Fat Genes...I've seen some people say it breeds.

If you create a fat Sim or one is born chunky, does working out not put the Sim back into shape/thin? Or once a Sim is fat, is he fat forever? If so that's really stupid.

I read something, somewhere by an EA bod that they will always natural tend to revert to their created 'default' size. So if you create them fat, they will always tend to slowly revert back to being fat.

Kind of like real life.  Or mine and Oprah's and Kirstie Alley's, anyway.

One of the lifetime reward thingies is a fast metabolism that'll help keep that from happening.

Re: assigning traits, I haven't had any problems with my 3 spawn.  Don't know if I'm just lucky, or doing something differently than some other folks.

Actually I do not think that is how fast metabolism works.  I had an adopted fat kid that I trained to become lean and muscular, then I gave him the fast metabolism perk.  It actually quickened the reversal to fatness.  If you read the description for that perk it says that it quickens the process of weight change, and that goes both ways.

PS: I also had the assign-trait bug once.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: 2009 May 24, 22:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for asking another question, but is there a way to have individual roof slopes? I checked the cheats, and tried using the angle
roof tool, but I can't find a way to make individual roof angles different from each other.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1123 on: 2009 May 24, 22:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an adopted fat kid that I trained to become lean and muscular, then I gave him the fast metabolism perk.  It actually quickened the reversal to fatness.  If you read the description for that perk it says that it quickens the process of weight change, and that goes both ways.

*That* needs fixing!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: 2009 May 24, 22:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I do not think that is how fast metabolism works.  I had an adopted fat kid that I trained to become lean and muscular, then I gave him the fast metabolism perk.  It actually quickened the reversal to fatness.  If you read the description for that perk it says that it quickens the process of weight change, and that goes both ways.

Hrmm. Well that bites.  I only used it once, on a gal who was average weight and very athletic.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: