More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 00:08:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1117944 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1050 on: 2009 May 24, 11:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having analysed that a large part of my reluctance to start up Sims 2 to play comes from the complexity of managing all the families and remembering what they should be doing, I am tentatively welcoming legacy style play Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 2009 May 24, 11:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember the screenshot at Snootysims, the couple that were expecting and the hospital in the background? Oh man, the family is growing in leaps and bounds! My sim is trying to befriend her cause she is his boss, but visiting her house sucks. Everytime I go, she got a new baby. The weird thing, she is at work everyday and never looks pregnant. I think they have 5 kids now, an infant, a toddler and one kid and 2 teens. WTF!

I am glad I am playing the torrent and not the purchased game, this will piss me off. In need of awesome fix definitely.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 2009 May 24, 12:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw some questions about the money tree seeds before.  Not sure if it's been answered but I got a money tree seed from an opportunity where I had to bring 10 very nice fruits/veggies to the restaurant in exchange for some stuff. 
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 2009 May 24, 12:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting I will watch for that to show , as it is I dropped that "wish" for growing one til I come across it.

Money is a pain, but this is a good thing. Thus why I was playing the get stuff for food mini game. It is likely that one can tailor this to cheapy style by choosing the favorite food to be something extremely simple. My fault for choosing steak.

mm steak.

Anyway..Relationship is taking it's sweet time. Friends with benefits is what I have so far. Book writing for fun and profit is reasonable. Hacking is amusing but not much different than writing for profit, as far as what you are seeing. I wonder if we can get arrested or found out by the local superspy.
I have a bit of difficulty swallowing this small bedroom community is has not only a super spy training facility, but a space program and an elite science lab.
However this saves me loading screens so I will deal with it.

Anyone else getting a comic book vibe from the setup?

My major worry is I see no means of feasibly having sims from other time periods functional in this neighborhood. One of the damned addon packs better be neighborhood creation or I will find a pitchfork and shove it up EA.
The lab changed to the Sorcerer's training hall , the military building into a keep, Town Hall could be redone cosmetically. I don't mind the rabbit holes at all. SimCity Societies was the same way if you followed a sim around.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 2009 May 24, 13:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found the money tree seeds or the death tree seeds?  My girl wants to grow those stupid things and I haven't found them yet.  I guess she needs to go back to the catacombs, where she found the Life Tree seeds.  Not really sure what the Life Tree plants do for you yet though.  I let her eat one and nothing happened.

ETA - I love gardening, esp not having to plant after every harvest

Eating a Life Tree fruit added a day to my sims's life. As for the money tree seeds I got them from the random scattered seeds around the ground. My tree also dropped a seed after some time.
teaislovely
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 2009 May 24, 13:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really love tea, Inge Cheesy

Can anyone help me with the collecting business? I had my sim collect a crap load of gems, metals and space rocks. He's getting them cut and smelted etc but what do I do with them now? Is there anything more interesting to do other than sell them?
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 2009 May 24, 13:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Raise the environment of a room?
teaislovely
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 2009 May 24, 13:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, I didn't notice they where doing that. I wanted to put them on display somewhere else I suppose. They are cluttering up my house!
asmadasrabbits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 2009 May 24, 13:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read a few people saying that the genetics are now 50/50, but my red-haired sim and his black-haired girlfriend somehow managed to pop out a brown-haired baby. Anyone else had something like this happen to them? Their other two children have red hair and black hair.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 2009 May 24, 13:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found and unknown seed? My sim found a seed that was unknown and uncommon, she needed level 5 gardening just to plant it, it is now a sprout but still says unknown.

simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 2009 May 24, 13:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found and unknown seed? My sim found a seed that was unknown and uncommon, she needed level 5 gardening just to plant it, it is now a sprout but still says unknown.

I found that with the unknown seeds you find out what they are only when it's time to harvest.

Oh yes, I didn't notice they where doing that. I wanted to put them on display somewhere else I suppose. They are cluttering up my house!

I put mine in the family inventory as cause I had a burglar attempt to steal them. If they bring an OFB type of expansion I will try to use them to make a shop. It would have been nice if they allowed us to make them into jewellery or something, or at least give them away as presents. The meteorite rocks are displayed in my yard, they make nice lawn decorations and the stupid repoman sometimes takes those instead of the more useful stuff off my sims house.   Grin

Anyway, I noticed the frame paintings option is back. Was anyone able to remove or recolour the stupid frames?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 24, 14:00:45 by simsdesperado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2009 May 24, 13:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to mention that your avatar looks REALLY STUPID and that I HATE YOU.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
teaislovely
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2009 May 24, 14:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you might be able to make jewelery also! Maybe in an expansion, that would be pretty cool.

Not sure why but I'm really loving how my sim has ended up with a million things in his inventory. I have a Dr sim who is also a writer, she's constantly stressed and never gets to speak to her husband/kid. The dads unemployed but fishes all day and then looks for gems the rest of the time. The kids totally neglected which is bad because he has the friendly trait which apparently means "your social bar will dive into the red if no-one speaks to you for 30 seconds".

In conclusion, I am really enjoying this game.
Fun
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 2009 May 24, 14:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the rabbit holes at all. SimCity Societies was the same way if you followed a sim around.

Being like SC Societies really isn't a good thing though.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 2009 May 24, 14:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just verifying a couple of basic things:

--In the create-a-style mode, it is loading the individual materials etc every single time? It's okay on PC, takes forever on some of the other crappier machines in the house. Didn't this kind of thing used to get cached?

--No recliners in game yet?

simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 2009 May 24, 14:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone had the pop up message appear about the repoman coming for not paying your bills, and then inspite of being able to pay your bills BEFORE the guys comes, he still shows up and takes your stuff? It happened to my sim twice and I hope they fix it even if it's a "feature". I mean that's double the damage, my sim paid the bills, why take her stuff away anyway?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1066 on: 2009 May 24, 14:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, about that diaper changing ordeal, I should have mentioned that the bladder level was all the way down.  It's been a while since any couple of mine in Sims 2 had a toddler, but I swear that you could change their diaper once the level was all the way down?  Huh  Geez, at the very least, if you have to wait until they're a stinking mess, the game could try letting me know that I can't do that option (like graying it out, since it seems to like doing that with everything else) instead of having her throw her child into the air again and again without success.  Or brain damage.

Did anyone had the pop up message appear about the repoman coming for not paying your bills, and then inspite of being able to pay your bills BEFORE the guys comes, he still shows up and takes your stuff?

Well, actually what I had happen to me was I'd paid my bills two days before the bastard came to my house and took my stereo.  Obviously, bills paid in full =/= repoman taking things.  Unless he's a klepto or just an assclown.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 2009 May 24, 15:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if anyone else is as irritated as I am with how ridiculously complicated it is to merge fresh families. As in, making a family and then deciding later that I wanted to move in a long lost lover, relative, or what-have-you. For some reason, I also did not have the option to pack my stuff while combing the households, do I have to buy moving boxes or something?
In TS2, I moved out and merged sims left and right, trying to keep my households fresh and enjoyable. This is an irritating step back for me.

Also, I'm a little concerned about the "Copy To Town" option. It seems to be available for sims I already have placed down. Would this create a highly unwanted townie clone of that sim? It smells like a VBT.

Sort of related to that...

How do you put objects in Sim's individual inventory? I had one Sim moving out of his parents house and I wanted to bring furniture. All I could do was put it in the fambly inventory, and when he moved out he obviously didn't have it.
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 2009 May 24, 15:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open the kids backpack and go into buy/build to drag whatever you want him to have to the backpack.  That is what I did to move things from one backpack to another.

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 2009 May 24, 15:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, apparently my first "issue"; on the gems and ores you send out, how long does it take to get them back? I've sent a bunch out, but haven't had any returned.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 2009 May 24, 15:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, apparently my first "issue"; on the gems and ores you send out, how long does it take to get them back? I've sent a bunch out, but haven't had any returned.

Seemed like it only took a day or two--make sure you're checking the mailbox for "Get Mail" and not just "Pay Bills".
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 2009 May 24, 15:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet:  I'd motherloded a family up to around $200k so I could move them into a house I'd built.  Sent mom into town to go shopping, clicked on the theater and there's an option to become a partner for $18k.  Apparently she gets a share of the profits and some other junk and also has the option to buy out the other partners for $40k now.  Kinda cool.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1072 on: 2009 May 24, 16:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, changing diapers is still not working correctly, it seems.  Kid soiled his diaper, so I tried to have her remove it to boost his hygiene back up, but no go.  Still not changing, and apparently, I can't give the little bastard a bath either.  Had to max motives so she could stop being disgusted by the stench.  Well, even if I hadn't picked the insane and neurotic traits, he'd definitely have them after all of this since he's been left to swim in his own filth.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 2009 May 24, 16:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on the money trees: they produce bags of money which can be cashed in but not planted (boo).  My first harvest got me I think $433 from 3 bags.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 2009 May 24, 16:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look moar, there's also Unknown Rares and Unknown Special seeds.  There's only one Unknown that you'll know immediately after planting what it actually is, and that's the Money tree from a Special seed.  You'll be able to deduce what it is by it's picture.

Edit:  Oh, i guess if you see a tree in a planted Unknown Uncommon, it'll be a Lime tree.  Unless besides Apple, Lime and Money, there's another 'Tree' out there, my sim has only planted 84% of the varieties.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 24, 16:49:15 by GayJohnScarritt » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: