More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:01:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1112034 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1000 on: 2009 May 24, 01:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing since the second day this was out.  My husband came home on the second full day of play, took one look at the house (laundry strewn about everywhere, kids running amok, etc) and said, "Well, I see you've been simming."  LOL

The good:

-Traits, FTW.  I have a good, handy, friendly sim who fell in love with the flirty maid.  His flirty rockstar roomie immediately started putting the moves on her.  So hilarious!
-Collecting.  I like being able to find things worth money, and I'm enjoying the gardening.
- CAST for the most part is win.  I like being able to customize EVERYTHING (except stairs of course  Tongue)  I do sometimes get overwhelmed with the choices and just give up and pick something crappy and default.
- Open world.  Even at 1 AM feels "real" to me.  I LOVE being able to see what each household sim is up to.  I LOVE being able to go into neighbors' houses and see all their stuff and hang with the fam.
- The different ways to work, different ways to socialize.
- Sunrise, sunset.

The bad:
- pathfinding.  Two of my sims were standing outside flirting.  I sent them inside to woohoo.  The male went in the door and relaxed on the bed.  The female went around the side of the house and stood there complaining that she couldn't get to the bed.  WTF?
- random spawning/progression of the  neighborhood.  In Pescado We Trust.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: 2009 May 24, 01:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found the money tree seeds or the death tree seeds?  My girl wants to grow those stupid things and I haven't found them yet.  I guess she needs to go back to the catacombs, where she found the Life Tree seeds.  Not really sure what the Life Tree plants do for you yet though.  I let her eat one and nothing happened.

ETA - I love gardening, esp not having to plant after every harvest

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
VeilSethekk
Horrible Halfwit

Nothing less.

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: 2009 May 24, 01:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really sure what the Life Tree plants do for you yet though.  I let her eat one and nothing happened.

I believe it's one of the ingredients for the Ambrosia food recipe, which supposedly works as the Elixir of Life of TS3. I assume you need maximum Gardening to plant those, right?

And has anyone figured out where you can fish for the other ingredient for that recipe, which was called Deathfish or something like that.

Yes, there's nothing else to see here.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: 2009 May 24, 01:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado - Right oh, thought I might be behind the 8 ball on that one, but nothing lost by saying it outloud, either.

Witch -  speaking of cheats. Is there a consolidated list out there of what does and doesn't work atm?

Bubbs - the death plant is in the cemetary, you have to get there at the right time to harvest it, so you may have to visit more than once.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 2009 May 24, 01:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Second batch of reasons why I love this game (now with non-lolcaptions!):

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-96.jpg
Dear Diary, today I rolled the wish to flirt with my boyfriend's father. While cheating can be fun, it's even better to just cut the problem open with a sharp plate.

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-102.jpg
DO NOT TRY TO KISS THE AUTONMOUS LESBIAN (exciting news!).

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-109.jpg
W-what made you guess that the elder was Family-Oriented with a Fertility Treatment?

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-160.jpg
I really need to split up this household, but the Reynold clan is taking over five houses already. In other news, three of the seven Reynold daughters are autonomous lesbians.

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-153.jpg
"You're getting married in that shirt?"

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-70.jpg
Hey, Snobs have wishes too.

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-125.jpg
Welp it seems that there are ancient indians in my fridge. "Tastes like fridge" moodlet, indeed...
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1005 on: 2009 May 24, 01:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of cheats. Is there a consolidated list out there of what does and doesn't work atm?

It may be way outdated but Snooty has a list up - Right Here

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 2009 May 24, 01:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just typed 'help' at the command prompt. That gave me a list of available commands; there are less than in TS2.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2009 May 24, 01:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Typing 'help' in the console in CAS shows more cheats than typing it in in neighborhood view.

farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 2009 May 24, 01:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing since the second day this was out.  My husband came home on the second full day of play, took one look at the house (laundry strewn about everywhere, kids running amok, etc) and said, "Well, I see you've been simming."  LOL
LOL I thought you meant inside the sims house, but they wouldn't leave laundry everywhere!
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 2009 May 24, 01:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really sure what the Life Tree plants do for you yet though.  I let her eat one and nothing happened.

I believe it's one of the ingredients for the Ambrosia food recipe, which supposedly works as the Elixir of Life of TS3. I assume you need maximum Gardening to plant those, right?

And has anyone figured out where you can fish for the other ingredient for that recipe, which was called Deathfish or something like that.

To get Deathfish, you need to fish at the graveyard between midnight and 4am. You need to use angelfish as bait--and to catch an angelfish, you need a certain type of catfish for bait (it's the kind you can buy at the store).

Deathfish and angel fish are levels 10 and 8 respectively, but using the right bait, I was able to catch them before I had the right fishing skill level.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 2009 May 24, 02:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just typed 'help' at the command prompt. That gave me a list of available commands; there are less than in TS2.

Type help in cheat box - sorry too obvious (at least that's my excuse for not thinking of it). Thanks

Cassblonde - thanks for the link

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

~Rainbows, butterflies, & happiness~

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 2009 May 24, 02:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow. As soon as my Sim's husband left from work, he died. His coworker came out as well and watched the whole thing. Only to faint right right after. Now that was hilarious.
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 2009 May 24, 02:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow. As soon as my Sim's husband left from work, he died. His coworker came out as well and watched the whole thing. Only to faint right right after. Now that was hilarious.

Shocked What did he die of?
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 2009 May 24, 02:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Major annoyance- why is my female toddler dressed in only a pair of cut off pants? I'm not shipwrecked. If I have to put up with the darn thing
I at least want it her to look half decent.  Seriously she's going to be a toddler for 7 days?  DNW!  How soon can they be grown up? I noticed
when it was her toddler birthday her parents (who at the time had 2 days until aging themselves) could also have grown up. So is 2 days the max?

You can have a toddler sim selected and click the dresser and say "plan outfit" also you can click the mirror with toddler selected and they change their own appearance too!

Also, for some graphical glitches, and some good laughs, I have some screenshots. I noticed while planning my toddlers outfit, when I spun her around, her eyes were black in the mirror, it was very creepy. Her eyes are actually green, and when facing the mirror they turned black. All my settings are maxed, so its not an issue with that.

Also, her twin sister was playing with blocks, and eating them of course, turns out, eating blocks isn't good for you, and here's why:

vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 2009 May 24, 02:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god, that reminds me of what happened to the guy in Joyride.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 2009 May 24, 02:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found the money tree seeds or the death tree seeds?  My girl wants to grow those stupid things and I haven't found them yet.  I guess she needs to go back to the catacombs, where she found the Life Tree seeds.  Not really sure what the Life Tree plants do for you yet though.  I let her eat one and nothing happened.

ETA - I love gardening, esp not having to plant after every harvest

The Death Flower bush is in the graveyard- it'll die after you harvest it though.

Hadn't even heard of the Life Tree. I'll have to go look for that.
BeautyWitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 2009 May 24, 02:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, for some graphical glitches, and some good laughs, I have some screenshots. I noticed while planning my toddlers outfit, when I spun her around, her eyes were black in the mirror, it was very creepy. Her eyes are actually green, and when facing the mirror they turned black. All my settings are maxed, so its not an issue with that.
<snip imgs>
Maybe her eyes are black because she's evil. Doubt that's what it is, but that would have been cool, ha-ha. The other pics reminds me of that weird glitch in Sims 2 with the toddlers teeth hanging from the bottom of their chins. Gross!

Second batch of reasons why I love this game (now with non-lolcaptions!):

<snip>
None of your links are working for me.

Edited: dp
« Last Edit: 2009 May 24, 04:01:35 by BeautyWitch » Logged
farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 2009 May 24, 03:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to delete all the sims in the town? Bar say 1 or 2,
Or will they respawn? thought I could do an "I am legend sim "senario....
Also I have read of a cheat called "fisheye" (which doesn't work) supposed to enable you to see through your sims eyes viewpoint,which would be cool driving around in a car!
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: 2009 May 24, 03:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I had really hoped that "enablellamas" would have given everyone llama heads or something similar.  Grin

In any case, new bug...or something to report.  KagomeSim had her baby (which turned out to be a boy, and thus he was named Kouga and given the insane/neurotic traits for the hell of it), and when his bladder got low enough, I changed his diaper.  And changed his diaper.  And changed...you get the idea.  She went through the motions sure enough, but the bladder level never filled.  Instead I gave up and pottytrained his little ass instead of letting him become a stinking mess.  Roll Eyes

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Warlock_female
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 2009 May 24, 03:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*unlurks*

I just downloaded the game today and while it's fun to play with I wouldn't shell out $50 for it. I hate the fact that they have very few items in the game and that you can only play one house. I also had a weird bug with one of my houses in which if a kid stepped outside during the night the cops would show up. WTF? She's right next to the door and in her yard, leave her alone!

My (probably very wrong but please don‘t shatter my hopes) theory is that EA knew that they'd be pirated and so made it that you'd get half the content after registering the game.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: 2009 May 24, 04:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the curfew sucks.

Is anyone who's playing around with hack creation working on removing curfew?  Grin
kislio
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 2009 May 24, 04:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So people were having an issue with family trees not displaying a father, and it's now happening to my family. It's not just a display error, either - the game doesn't recognize them as family at all, which has led to a sim autonomously hitting on her father. The thing is, the first child born to the family founder does display properly, but his sisters don't. I also think he's spawned on his own, but the family tree isn't showing it.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: 2009 May 24, 04:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious to know if there are options to package Sims or lots to share them like there is in TS2.  Does it look like that's possible, or is the game set up to only share textures?  And is there a way to clone born-in-game Sims?

If the answer to those is no, then they've REALLY made it impossible for storytellers.

jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 2009 May 24, 04:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious to know if there are options to package Sims or lots to share them like there is in TS2. 

Yes, just hit the package to exchange button and it'll put a file in the "Exchange" folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
malianx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: 2009 May 24, 04:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, in the "edit town" mode you can package up sims, lots, etc... and also just pop them into your My Documents custom content folder to import. I tested both this afternoon.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: