More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:34:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1112029 times)
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #950 on: 2009 May 23, 19:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that, sims can randomly kiss strangers? Smiley thats freakin' awesome duude.
I would have so much fun with that!
Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 2009 May 23, 20:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since my evil sim has fulfilled her lifetime wish to be The Emperor of Evil, she randomly glows red sometimes. What the hell?

Seolaeria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 2009 May 23, 20:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, wishes aren't the only things your Sims lose when you switch households.

I had my Sim family's son move out on his own today after growing up into a young adult. I switched over to him as the active household to get him settled in his new home. When I switched back to the parents I discovered that they had lost all the cooked food leftovers in the refrigerator, all the harvested produce (300 or so items, they had a nice backyard garden going) in the fridge, and the father had lost his deeds to the four businesses he owned around town. And they didn't even get the money back for everything they lost!

Now, granted, I do have "Story Progression" turned on, but I was only gone for a half Sim day. And even though the father is retired, I don't think it would make sense for him to sell all the businesses he owns.
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 2009 May 23, 20:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: daisywenham on 2009 May 23, 23:34:27
- This "enforced legacy play" kerfluffle is getting blown waaaaayyy out of proportion, IMO.  Wishes aren't wants.  Promising isn't locking. TS3 isn't TS2.  Don't promise something you don't have time to finish.  Granted I don't see much point to not saving them but that's a far cry from "amg they're forcing me to play legacy style".

I think you've misunderstood the nature of the objection.  It's not the forced locking and/or fulfilling of wants that's the problem, it's the not being able to play multiple families easily and the danger of unplayed families either gaining unwanted spawn, dying and/or being deleted from the neighbourhood.

Fair enough.  I have to admit that I was surprised in spite of knowing it would happen, when I switched families and then my first sim was an elder when the new family met her.  She'd been a day or 2 from her birthday when I left her.   That really comes down to the Story Progression issue though and whether it's broken, how it's meant to work and whether this really is the final copy of the game that we have.  I haven't paid enough attention to what other sims are doing in my game to even notice.  
Claw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 2009 May 23, 21:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone found an option or cheat or something to make them drive on the left hand side of the road?  Minor niggle but a niggle here

You are aware that in some countries they actually drive on the right-hand side?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2009 May 23, 21:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are aware that in some countries they actually drive on the right-hand side?

Difficult not to be aware really, the better question might be to ask whether people are aware that in many countries people drive on the left hand side of the road.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2009 May 23, 21:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's one of those quirks of the sim universe. They did it in TS2 and TS1 as well if I'm not mistaken.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 2009 May 23, 21:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's the US-centric nature of the sims franchise.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2009 May 23, 21:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other news, I realized my Sims stereo only works when playing CUSTOM music! All other stations and Sims 3 music is not working.

sigh.

Mine does the same. At the gym, the 'Electronica' station worked for a short while, and also the buy mode has also worked, but it's very intermittent. I have just updated my audio drivers so I will see if that makes a difference but somehow I doubt it will.

Let me know if it works.

I can't even upgrade mine. I don't even know if it's possible to upgrade mine. I've never had so many problems looking for/trying to install a stupid driver.

But even if I could upgrade it, I don't think it would help. The sound worked perfectly fine the first few times I played, and suddenly it has stopped. But the fact that all the sound in the game works, including the custom music station, but EXCEPT all EA(xis) music... I don't think it's my audio card.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2009 May 23, 21:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That only effected the neighbourhood view vehicles though.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 2009 May 23, 21:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excuse me, there isn't.  Wink
Aphrodite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2009 May 23, 22:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did happy dance when I saw this,

unfortunately it's just a deco item, sigh. We need moar cowplant.

Also good that sims can work out regardless of how much crap many items they put infront of a tv,

The fact that babies spawn so easily is scary, but on the upside if you just play one household then they all age pretty quickly around
you, with no effort required- I don't care if it's not my family but as has been said before, everytime I visit a neighbor there is a baby on the floor.

Major annoyance- why is my female toddler dressed in only a pair of cut off pants? I'm not shipwrecked. If I have to put up with the darn thing
I at least want it her to look half decent.  Seriously she's going to be a toddler for 7 days?  DNW!  How soon can they be grown up? I noticed
when it was her toddler birthday her parents (who at the time had 2 days until aging themselves) could also have grown up. So is 2 days the max?

How painful that for every new dish you cook you not only have to buy the recipe book (because in real life all recipes come in a single booklet) but you
have to buy the damn ingredients or the option doesn't appear on the fridge.
Talking of fridges- why can't you randomly clean them out (ala 'Seasons- stock- remove stock') instead of waiting 'til they emit a steaming pile of green stuff and having
your Sim scream about the stench in the room?

Ghosts look cool, rofl when one did the 'sneaking' action to attempt to scare another ghost.  He jumped out of action before he could do it, otherwise I'm sure it would have
been amusing.

I like the drag a wall feature, but it only works on straight walls, no angles. duh. Back to boxes.
Lots to like, and lots to be bugged by.

casca
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2009 May 23, 22:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting development regarding an Unlucky Sim:

He was having an unlucky day (it's a random and very annoying moodlet) and I commanded him to repair the television. He, of course, got electrocuted, curled up and died. The grim reaper came (there was no option for my Sim's recently-pregnant wife to plead by the way) and did his thing. The Sim actually became a ghost and seemed to converse with the grim reaper. Suddenly, the grim reaper laughed and there was a bubble that said something along the lines of: "Ahh, what the heck. It's too funny watching your luck run out and mess things up all the time. I'll come for you another day." And my Sim lived. So I guess "Unlucky" is a sort of reverse psychology, then?
Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2009 May 23, 22:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other news, I realized my Sims stereo only works when playing CUSTOM music! All other stations and Sims 3 music is not working.

sigh.

Mine does the same. At the gym, the 'Electronica' station worked for a short while, and also the buy mode has also worked, but it's very intermittent. I have just updated my audio drivers so I will see if that makes a difference but somehow I doubt it will.

Let me know if it works.

I can't even upgrade mine. I don't even know if it's possible to upgrade mine. I've never had so many problems looking for/trying to install a stupid driver.

But even if I could upgrade it, I don't think it would help. The sound worked perfectly fine the first few times I played, and suddenly it has stopped. But the fact that all the sound in the game works, including the custom music station, but EXCEPT all EA(xis) music... I don't think it's my audio card.

No it made no difference. Typical that it's only the EAxis music that doesn't work. Why would it? Why do we expect anything other than repeated phail from them?

I actually do hope this isn't the final version. I'm so bored of it already. I suppose I'm just glad I didn't pre-order it.
Seolaeria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2009 May 23, 22:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ran across this guy in the park. This is Arlo Bunch, the grown son of a family in my town. The genetics engine wasn't very kind to him. Let's hope it's an anomaly.

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2009 May 23, 22:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sigh.

Let me know if it works.

No it made no difference. Typical that it's only the EAxis music that doesn't work. Why would it? Why do we expect anything other than repeated phail from them?

I actually do hope this isn't the final version. I'm so bored of it already. I suppose I'm just glad I didn't pre-order it.

What's your soundcard?

And just so I'm clear - you have no eaxis music in build mode or buy mode, right? And no eaxis music on the stereo? Does your custom music work, just like my situation?

I just want to be sure our problem is actually the same.

It seems almost like the audio files got corrupted or something. When you go to options/audio and try to preview the EAxis music, do any of them play? They don't for me.
Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2009 May 23, 22:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sigh.

Let me know if it works.

What's your soundcard?

And just so I'm clear - you have no eaxis music in build mode or buy mode, right? And no eaxis music on the stereo? Does your custom music work, just like my situation?

I just want to be sure our problem is actually the same.

It seems almost like the audio files got corrupted or something. When you go to options/audio and try to preview the EAxis music, do any of them play? They don't for me.

Yep, it's exactly the same. No build and buy music, no stereo music other than custom, can't even preview the music in options.

My sound card is SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC, according to Device Manager  Wink
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2009 May 23, 22:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After playing a bit today, my top annoyance is sims who insist on going to bed at night, whether they are tired or not. My guy wanted to go fishing before 6am, so I cheated his energy and kept him up, and then at 4am, he went to bed instead of going fishing. WTF, dude. He was about 90% of full energy at the time.

Also hella-annoying is the way sims will just stop and not do anything when they have an action queued. I think it might be something about route fail, but not sure. My female sim stood in front of the workout machine for a full hour just staring at it before she started to work out.

My excitable sim is very funny, though. He got so excited by catching a bug he had to tell someone, and since there were no people around, he told a tree. This made his social go up. I am thinking of making him a cave-dwelling hermit.

I like the way they find out traits through interaction. That is kind of cool.

Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2009 May 23, 22:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My excitable sim is very funny, though. He got so excited by catching a bug he had to tell someone, and since there were no people around, he told a tree. This made his social go up. I am thinking of making him a cave-dwelling hermit.

That sounds awesome.
hooptytrib
Asinine Airhead

INTP. Delinquent LULZpayer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #969 on: 2009 May 23, 22:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sims will just stop and not do anything when they have an action queued.
Damn.  I'd hoped that was from choosing "Absent-minded."  Queue "go to work," and I find him an hour later watching TV.
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2009 May 23, 22:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, this "power walk" and unnecessary running is driving me crazy. I appreciated it TS2 that sims would only run if they were late, or if you told them to. Now they jog across the road and they do that ugly blocky power walk animation.

I *like* the normal, slow walking animation. It looks natural, and I think it looks better than having sims run around all over the place. Once we figure out how to mod this game, I hope that getting rid of the power walk and greatly reducing a sim's inclination to simply run gets attended to.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2009 May 23, 23:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I wanted to see how truthful Snooty's comparison pic was, and tried my best to recreate one of the scenes. I'm somewhat
mixed about the results. I'm comparing the first set of pics from here: http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3index.php?id=compare
with this:

First off, definitely no light streaming through the windows (and yes I made sure the house faced the correct way for the sun
to come through).

Secondly, no matter how many windows I put in, it always seems to dark for some reason. For me, it seems like
it's always little light coming in, even in other houses. It doesn't look like the bright scene that Snooty put up.

And lastly, I noticed that a lot of the objects in the Snooty pic was not in the game, so I had to improvised with a lot
of the objects. Some of those objects I don't even remember seeing from any of the older EPs, so no doubt they will
end up in the store.

It does look a little better than TS2, but not a lot like how Snooty tried to portrait it as.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2009 May 23, 23:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone tell me the control for changing the height of wall placements, i can't for the life of me remember  Roll Eyes

It's not possible sadly.

So while building last night I can say I am satisfied with the amount of objects in build / buy mode, it seems almost equal to Sims 2 base game. Regardless, CAS is seriously lacking. Building works almost exactly as Sims 2, with extra sparkles of course! I did notice the tool to place windows is overly sensitive as it bounces between up and downstairs too easily when you don't have floors in the upper level and also jumps walls too easily and results in that clicking noise repeatedly in your ear as it spazes out. Setting the width of the stairs is win, but why can't we recolor them? They harped about that tool for so many months. Using CAST on walls is win but it takes ages to find something you like. That tool is a bit overwhelming and I end up getting bored and just using craptastic default stuff.

Also, does anyone else have the issue where the round circle on top of the wall tool flickers? It annoyed me to no end.
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2009 May 23, 23:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe...toddlers can climb into the toy box to play. Tongue

This kid's dad autonomously taught her to walk too which is win.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2009 May 23, 23:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After playing a bit today, my top annoyance is sims who insist on going to bed at night, whether they are tired or not. My guy wanted to go fishing before 6am, so I cheated his energy and kept him up, and then at 4am, he went to bed instead of going fishing. WTF, dude. He was about 90% of full energy at the time.
Maybe you shouldn't have sent him to bed. Tongue Otherwise, maybe his calculated energy intersecton curve worked out to a full energy recharge at that point.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: