More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:57:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111765 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #500 on: 2009 May 21, 02:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking that's why they made the No-bladder and No-hygiene things as rewards, possibly to ease off the needs pressure. The fact that there's no Need rejuvenator thingy like in TS2 doesn't help either.
The no hygiene thing isn't really no-hygiene, it's more analagous to the FT reducer perks. The no bladder thing, however, really is. Your sim will never, EVER, need pee again. For ANY reason. The bladder motive simply ceases to be once you buy it...and it's far cheaper than the others. Rather overpowered, really.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: 2009 May 21, 02:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible very annoying glitch ahoy.

Bought the tabs book for level 5 guitar, teenager practiced it, then ated the guitar. Okay, messed up enough. So I buy him a new one and tell him to perform the song. Well, he performs it, but the animation is seriously borked. Started playing an invisible guitar with the real one spinning a thousand miles per hour in his hand. Would really like someone else to confirm this one. If it just afflicts one performable song, okay, no big deal. If you can't perform a single song without this WTFage going on, then  Undecided

I think I saw a video that showed something like this happening, for what it's worth.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2009 May 21, 02:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is officially the worst discovered non-Sim-freezing glitch discovered thus far then. Obviously, it's going to affect every song. Maybe some hope for non-teenagers performing? Doubt it.

wtf
Pinstar
Blathering Buffoon

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: 2009 May 21, 03:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That reminds me of the old frozen arm glitch you got when you canceled a chess-playing sim's action mid-move.

Perhaps they meant to put in animations for playing air guitar (something perfectly sensible for a teenager to do) and the animation confused it with playing the real one? Just...ick!

What kind of Legacy will YOU leave?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2009 May 21, 03:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question. How do you get a couple to leave the house together? My sim about to go to the hospital to have the baby, but I don't know how to get the husband to go with her. I would like for both of them to leave together to go shopping, eat out, or to the park. They don't have the funds for a car yet, is that the only way to get them out together?

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2009 May 21, 03:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I tried this out on an adult, works as it should, which means young adults should be error-free as well. Summary: Teenagers can't perform with the guitar, at least not without severe borkiness. Lame.
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009 May 21, 03:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found a bug in the opportunities.  It looks like if you have accepted two opportunities at the same location, the first is unfulfillable, and the second is also possibly borked.  Or, maybe, it is just these specific opportunities.  I first signed on for the culinary career "Bad Apples" opportunity, which required growing 10 bad apples, then for the gardening skill "Limes are Key" opportunity, which requires growing 4 very nice limes and returning them to the same restaurant.  After accepting the second opportunity, the tag menu for the first just repeated the second (even though the title was correct), so that the "give apples" (or whatever) option was "give limes" in both menus.  When I took the apples to work with me, they were removed from my inventory, but the opportunity came up as failed at the deadline.  So, BORKED, for sure.  Furthermore, the lime tree I planted for the second opportunity will not go any higher than "growing" (no "mature", etc.), even though it's been a week and I've tended to it as required.  No idea if that's part of the same borkage or not.  Great fun.
Genlisae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: 2009 May 21, 03:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question. How do you get a couple to leave the house together? My sim about to go to the hospital to have the baby, but I don't know how to get the husband to go with her. I would like for both of them to leave together to go shopping, eat out, or to the park. They don't have the funds for a car yet, is that the only way to get them out together?

Going to the hospital with the mother happens automatically unless you cancel it. As for shopping, I am not sure though I recall seeing "go with ..." on some of the buildings.

My monitor says I am a geek. My keyboard says I am a dork. My daughter says I am a noob. Take your pick; they all apply.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2009 May 21, 03:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind
« Last Edit: 2009 May 21, 10:04:41 by LFox » Logged
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2009 May 21, 04:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Custom eyes would be nice.

I don't think theres much need for custom eyes now that you can use the color wheel to set them to any color you please.

ETA - Also, everything we make gets sent to the evil Launcher (sims, clothes, screenshots...). Screenshots are easily accessible, but what about those other things? If I run the launcher, it'll give me securom, huh?

I figured this out last night. In Edit Town mode, you click a sim in the 'Library' or a house and click the 'Share' button. It *says* it's exported to the launcher, but you can get around that. Look in My Documents --> Electronic Arts --> The Sims 3 --> Exports. There's your custom content file with the exported content. Launcher = DNW or need.

I spent 2 days downloading this bloody thing and now I can't install it. I'm getting an error message like so:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp(140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498

I am decidedly unawesome, so could anyone shed any light on what may be going wrong here?

This is caused by trying to run the installer with winRAR, stop that! Extract it.

Actually, no. Read my next post. But I appreciate your "can-do" attitude.

Actually, yes. There may be another reason the error occurs but it definitely does if you try to open it with winrar.

I've noticed that a lot of furniture seems to have been taken directly from TS2 and recycled, but what else is new? This displeased me. I also noticed, as I was poking through the usual assortment of ugly window coverings, that windows actually bleed through.

I tried a bunch of different window coverings, but the same thing happened to all of them. I didn't try different windows, but I can only assume, this is Eaxis afterall, that it's the same for all of them.

Are you certain you didn't have the window facing the wrong direction? The ledge is on the inside and I don't think that's quite right.

I can't stand the uglyness. I've spent two hours in CAST to create a decent looking sim and I failed hard.
The so-called advanced sliders are fail especially in the eyes and lips departments. TS2 Bodyshop is way better. Smiley
I couldn't give almond shaped eyes and full lips to my sim.

I managed both. Try harder.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2009 May 21, 04:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I tried this out on an adult, works as it should, which means young adults should be error-free as well. Summary: Teenagers can't perform with the guitar, at least not without severe borkiness. Lame.

I had the guitar disappear bug as well, on an adult male immediately after learning level 5 skill. I'm going to try to get him to level 6/have him learn a new song and see if that helps at all. Too bad, as I really enjoyed the guitar aspect of the game.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2009 May 21, 04:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd. This glitch needs more testing if it might happen to an adult, as well. This might also mean some teenagers are "immune". I might try a few more teenagers/adults when I have time.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2009 May 21, 04:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible very annoying glitch ahoy.

Bought the tabs book for level 5 guitar, teenager practiced it, then ated the guitar. Okay, messed up enough. So I buy him a new one and tell him to perform the song. Well, he performs it, but the animation is seriously borked. Started playing an invisible guitar with the real one spinning a thousand miles per hour in his hand. Would really like someone else to confirm this one. If it just afflicts one performable song, okay, no big deal. If you can't perform a single song without this WTFage going on, then  Undecided
Abraham has learned 12 different songs. All proceeded smoothly, and he never lost his guitar. He was either a YA or adult, though. I'm about to start up another test to focus on the story progression option and will be doing (hopefully) a single teen living on the street. He'll be living off leavings in the park and tips from playing guitar/maybe painting. So we'll see.

Are you certain you didn't have the window facing the wrong direction? The ledge is on the inside and I don't think that's quite right.
That house is a pre-built, and the one I've been playing. That's how it is set up. You may have a point, though...it's possible EAxis screwed the pooch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2009 May 21, 04:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EWWW THE TEXTURES.

Seriously. Is anyone else getting really gross, low quality texturing on Sims' clothing and hair with all graphics settings on high? And faces, too, now that I think about it.

It seriously looks like TS2 graphics on the lowest setting. Everything is fuzzy and EW DNW.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2009 May 21, 04:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 3 bites. It looks like it was meant to be Sims 2 and Sims 2 was meant to be 3. It is way too easy. It has good stuff but they compromised on quality  way too much.

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2009 May 21, 05:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a single teen living on the street. He'll be living off leavings in the park and tips from playing guitar/maybe painting. So we'll see.

Cool idea. I've always wanted a homeless Sim and didn't realise you could do that now. Are you just going to be initially putting him in a vacant lot and not building him a house?
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: 2009 May 21, 05:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is officially the worst discovered non-Sim-freezing glitch discovered thus far then. Obviously, it's going to affect every song. Maybe some hope for non-teenagers performing? Doubt it.

wtf

Awesome, it's Adam Lambert!

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2009 May 21, 05:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you can totally make a homeless sim now that just has a vacant lot for a home. Eat from picnic baskets, sleep on park benches, sell crap you find on the ground, and play guitar (without glitching) for cash.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2009 May 21, 05:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More on guitar glitch: first of all, my sim was a young adult, rather than an adult. To clear it I used moveobjects to detach and delete the "invisible"/stuck guitar from him, and he is now able to play again as normal. I would suggest that anyone experiencing this glitch take the sim in question to a community lot and see if a stuck, non-interactive guitar suddenly appears stuck to them. This seems to be nothing we haven't seen in TS2, but without shift-click capabilities the method for doing away with it appears to be more of a pain in the ass than we are previously used to.

Also, the reward for fertility when present in both partners resulted in first pregnancy non-identical twins. Has anyone had triplets?
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2009 May 21, 05:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long story short: This game annoys me.

I spent an hour or so fooling around the options panel, because it set me up on low, and it looked pretty awful. Then I got to a happy medium and figured that, no, there's just no way to make their little caveman faces look good. The TS2 sims look way more realistic in their cartoony way, because these new sims tried to cross the uncanny valley and failed. HARD. Let their little digital skeletons serve as a warning to others.

Do I always have click 'new game' for each family? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but if I'm doing to right, this isn't what I expected at all. I've only loaded two families -one created, one pre-installed- but they seem to be living in parallel universes. Family one doesn't show anywhere in family two's neighborhood, and likewise in reverse. Are they LITERALLY two games? And each family represents a 'new game'? God, I hope I'm wrong about this. I really expected the old 'one neighborhood, many families approach', because how else are they going to interact?

Also: CAS sucks. Textures are nice, but there's no way around the caveman features. Clothes aren't all that either. Caveman issues aside, I like how the sims stand while idling. Looks realistic.

As for gameplay, the traits are great, I'll give you that. Somebody already mentioned there seems to be a strategy/tactic vibe going on, and that's exactly right. On my Wii, I have 'My life as a king' from Wiiware, and this reminded me a lot about it. In MLAK, I send my little people on errands, never see the inside of their houses, and all of the quests happen off-screen, so I have to read a report to know what because of them. It was a fun game, but it had a short shelf-life. After completing the game, there was nothing else to do.

I foresee the same thing happening to Sims 3. Yeah, it's shiny now, but the potential for boredom is greater than TS2. I'll have fun with TS3, but I'll come back crawling to TS2 eventually.

Evil charismatic lucky romantic family sim FTW, though. She wants to be an empress of evil someday. The gods have smiled upon her, and I expect great things from her evil brood.

(I miss the alien abuctions already, though.)
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2009 May 21, 05:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah they are new games entirely. To switch families, you go to "Edit Town" and on the bottom left of your screen there's an icon to switch active family.
Peggy_Leggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2009 May 21, 06:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After 9 long years (since Sims 1) Sims can FINALLY watch tv from any angle.  Shocked  This has always been one thing that irritated me .

Yes, that is useful! You can take advantage of more seating options now.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2009 May 21, 06:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a single teen living on the street. He'll be living off leavings in the park and tips from playing guitar/maybe painting. So we'll see.

Cool idea. I've always wanted a homeless Sim and didn't realise you could do that now. Are you just going to be initially putting him in a vacant lot and not building him a house?
It is a total and complete failure of an idea. TS3 enforces curfew on teens and kids, and if they are off the home lot for more than a couple of minutes, the cops grab them and dump them back on the home lot. Also, you can only nap to about 1/5 of energy on park benches. It's possible to invite yourself into a house and use their bed, but do two inappropriate things and you are forcefully kicked out. Also, they will not pass out to sleep until they've been at zero energy for hours, then only sleep on the ground for a half hour. After a day and a half, energy became such a problem that I couldn't get anything else done. I didn't want him to have anything accessible at all on his home lot. I didn't want him befriending and sleeping over at other homes properly. I gave him the worst possible personality...mean, easy to anger, kleptomaniac, insane. Klepto does not work as the items stolen don't get deposited to inventory.

With an adult, it's more possible, but you'd still have a really hard time getting ahead since they can't even sleep in school. Teen might be okay if you allow them to start with a guitar and eventually buy things for their home lot. At a $0 start, no.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2009 May 21, 06:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going to the hospital with the mother happens automatically unless you cancel it. As for shopping, I am not sure though I recall seeing "go with ..." on some of the buildings.

Thanks, saw that after I let it play... wish they went together. Now to figure out how to get them to ride bikes to the park together...

I have noticed books disappearing after learning a new recipe. I figured that it should go in the bookcase for others to learn. What is up with costing 1000 simoleons for a book learning that cake, I forgot the name. Too high.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2009 May 21, 06:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I thought Sims 3 was awesome being able to seamlessly go around the neighborhood,but then I came to the diner- yep go in and eat but the sim can, I can't see inside there, isnt anything there when I zoom in? whats with that? hmm ok try the beach a dip in the sea
oops no swim option just fishing...well least there are cars, oops they skipped the get in and reverse then drive now they teleport to the road WTF!

The more I played the more it became a poor 3d upgrade of Sims 2
we waited 6 years for this???cmmon EA your kidding?
oh no there not,that's how they to get you to buy more -except this has had years in the making?

heck even making a home if you can find the options for creating bare blocks and homes and trying to put a family in (that can afford an empty small house is a pain!)not that there is much content to furnish it with, but hey the sims 3 items look just as basic as the original sims 2 stuff so maybe wei can mport other object packages? ,that remains to be seen..
gee thought having pets and weather could have been included and another town?
or the option to make a fresh one (not the same) over and over.
They have done a spore on Sims3 aaaghhhh! THE HORROR!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: