More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:47:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111740 times)
vcpink
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #425 on: 2009 May 20, 19:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, just mentioning this again...
This is in response to Pes' comments about testingcheatsenabled:
While shift-clicking a sim only give two options, grow up and change traits, shift-clicking on the mailbox will give more options, including set career, force visitor, force npc, make friends, know everybody, etc. Also, Shift-Click on the ground and you can teleport anywhere in town. Shift-Clicking on sims from other Families allows you to add them to yours.  Just mentioning this again.
Also, anybody know how to get the UI into screen caps? I can't find the option and the Show UI option under video only does it for video... Sad Please help.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 20, 19:21:19 by vcpink » Logged

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: 2009 May 20, 19:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just thought of something.  Because the hood is all joined up, there will be no such concept as teleporting in neighbors and holding them hostage on your lot by making them selectable until they have helped you play out some scenario - they'll just make a run for it.  No prisons or schools.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2009 May 20, 19:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just thought of something.  Because the hood is all joined up, there will be no such concept as teleporting in neighbors and holding them hostage on your lot by making them selectable until they have helped you play out some scenario - they'll just make a run for it

One might have to build a fence around them, I suppose, which makes playing out a scenario difficult.  Hmmm.

Tribulatio proxima est
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: 2009 May 20, 19:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: vcpink
Also, anybody know how to get the UI into screen caps? I can't find the option and the Show UI option under video only does it for video... Sad Please help.
Print screen button on your keyboard. Tongue

blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2009 May 20, 19:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: vcpink
Print screen button on your keyboard. Tongue

There is an option, at the same screen as other capture options, to include or not include UI.
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2009 May 20, 19:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night, while the Sims 3 was downloading, I played Kudos 2, a game I really enjoy. Then today, I played Sims 3. The similarities are remarkable. In fact, other than the fact that you move your Sim around rather than stare at an avatar on the screen and you reproduce, its almost exactly like Kudos with some enhancements. I wonder of the maker if Kudos received some money for this? Even the avatar smiling when she is happy or frowning when sad is from Kudos. I am waiting for the snowfall and snowball fights...oh, but we don't have seasons yet, do we? Smiley

The person who said this was like a text game is correct. I like Kudos so will probably be okay with this but it isn't the same game as Sims 1 and Sims 2. It very much feels like a strategy game rather than the toy, as Pescado calls it, that we had with Sims 2.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: 2009 May 20, 19:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's still a sandbox, but it's a sandbox where you only have ONE molding bucket and your brother is dangling all the other toys and not letting you have them.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2009 May 20, 19:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some random thoughts from a lurker...

I think the lack of objects shouldn't be too big a hindrance. Won't it eventually be possible for the community to put all the TS2 object meshes into the TS3 game? EA has obviously used the TS2 object files and offers us more TS2 objects for the TS3 in the EA Store. Someone who is awesome enough will find a way to add the existing TS2 object meshes (which obviously exists, as noted by the mere fact that the EA Store exists). Finding out how to replace some of the existing textures with ones that we might find more pleasing would, of course, also be awesome.

Rather than play a family for a whole day, might it be possible to rotate play quickly enough from one family to another that the wants are still there when you return and they didn't have time to get in trouble or go astray? My thought is that one could play one family just long enough to queue some actions and then jump to another family to queue actions there, etc. If you return to the original family in a few hours, rather than in day or so, will the want you have promised still be there or resurface; or, will it be gone and not pop back up in a short time? (After running through the hood and setting up everything initially, I'd settle in with whichever family seemed the most interesting at that time and lurk there for a few hours; but I would like to check up on the others occasionally. Basically, I'm wondering if the wants might reroll as they do in Sims2.)

I also wanted to say thanks for all the detailed pictures and impressions of the good, the bad, and the ugly. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2009 May 20, 20:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night, while the Sims 3 was downloading, I played Kudos 2, a game I really enjoy. Then today, I played Sims 3. The similarities are remarkable. In fact, other than the fact that you move your Sim around rather than stare at an avatar on the screen and you reproduce, its almost exactly like Kudos with some enhancements. I wonder of the maker if Kudos received some money for this? Even the avatar smiling when she is happy or frowning when sad is from Kudos. I am waiting for the snowfall and snowball fights...oh, but we don't have seasons yet, do we? Smiley

The person who said this was like a text game is correct. I like Kudos so will probably be okay with this but it isn't the same game as Sims 1 and Sims 2. It very much feels like a strategy game rather than the toy, as Pescado calls it, that we had with Sims 2.

The crap that is SimSocial on Facebook IS Kudos. I couldn't believe it. I presume the game developer of Kudos had something to do with that, otherwise...  Shocked
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2009 May 20, 20:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather than play a family for a whole day, might it be possible to rotate play quickly enough from one family to another that the wants are still there when you return and they didn't have time to get in trouble or go astray? My thought is that one could play one family just long enough to queue some actions and then jump to another family to queue actions there, etc. If you return to the original family in a few hours, rather than in day or so, will the want you have promised still be there or resurface; or, will it be gone and not pop back up in a short time? (After running through the hood and setting up everything initially, I'd settle in with whichever family seemed the most interesting at that time and lurk there for a few hours; but I would like to check up on the others occasionally. Basically, I'm wondering if the wants might reroll as they do in Sims2.)

As soon as you decide to play a new active family, it warns you the wants will be gone from the current one.  There's no constant source of wants either, sometimes you have more than enough, sometimes none.
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2009 May 20, 20:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean Sim Social, I mean the actual Sims 3 game. I went to the bookstore, clicked on it, and it asked me if I wanted to shop. I clicked that I did, my sim disappeared inside and a catalog of sorts opened so I could shop. It was just like Kudos 2. I honestly do not see a lot of difference in the basic game play...going to a restaurant, getting traits from friends (I talked to a guy and gained 'friendliness' or something like that. Sims 3 is more about time management and strategy. You even get happiness moodlets, just like doing things raises happiness in Kudos.

I suppose you could ignore all that and just play like in Sims 2, but I have a feeling you would have a miserable Sim and he/she would show you how miserable he/she was. I think we are going to have to pay attention more to what the game tells us our Sim wants.
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2009 May 20, 20:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no constant source of wants either, sometimes you have more than enough, sometimes none.

They're supposedly prompted by a combination of your LTW and the environment.  Thus, a sim who wants to reach the top of the symphony branch of the music career will get a want if he hears someone playing music, but not if he's sitting at home eating dinner with his wife.  A sim who wants to raise 5 kids to teen, however, might get a want at home -- to woohoo, have a baby, etc.  In other words, the seeming lack of wants in some cases and overabundance in others may be another "feature" intended by EAxis.

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
devilsrope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2009 May 20, 20:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found a way to make roof sections of differing angles? Seems to be all or nothing, but maybe I missed something there. Also, I read that constrainfloorelevation wouldn't be available; it is, although with an unfortunate side effect. The ceiling texture isn't lowered with the wall height, and continues to float above. It's only viewable from below (see mid-construction pic). Stupid EAxis.

Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2009 May 20, 20:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

getting traits from friends (I talked to a guy and gained 'friendliness' or something like that.

That's not you "gaining" the trait, that's figuring out the traits of the person you're talking to. When you meet people, you have no idea what their traits are at first. And gradually you learn more and more of them the more you talk to someone.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2009 May 20, 20:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doubt I'll download it as I'm in my late 50's and I'd like it to finish downloading before I'm too senile to know what it is.

So, can someone answer a question?  Is it possible to wipe the neighborhood clean and start over with a new family\families?  I realize that it will spawn nameless random horrors on its own but I'd just like to know if there's some way to get rid of the original neighborhood.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2009 May 20, 20:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How the heck do you change the active family without restarting the entire game?
devilsrope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2009 May 20, 20:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please donīt beat me, if this was answered before.

In my options menu it is not possible to use the life span slider.
Is this a bug or am I just clueless?

The option is greyed out if you click the "..." on the neighborhood chooser. Enter the neighborhood, then go to options.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2009 May 20, 21:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what about getting sims a new set of clothing, is it possible?

I haven't bought any, but "plan outfit" is available with the dresser/wardrobe, so it seems like it should be possible.

It's never too late to reply Cheesy

Thanks! I spent quite a bit of time around all community lots trying to find a place to buy clothing before I popped the stupid question. It never occured to me to check the most logical place - the wardrobe  Roll Eyes I like how they did it.

And the launcher? We shouldn't run it, right?

Do not run. Ever. I set up my shortcut to go straight to the cracked exe, bypassing launcher.

Yeah, me too, but I'm so curious what's in there. I loved Sporepedia, so sad they put the catch-all-content thing in a stupid launcher!  Angry

How the heck do you change the active family without restarting the entire game?

Click the three dots button, then 'Edit nhood', and the option 'switch active household' will appear.

ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2009 May 20, 21:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Blue Soup. I had read that the wants didn't stick or weren't locked when you left to play another family. I just wondered if they would pop back in again a while after returning or if they were gone for good. If they are influenced by a certain occurance, such as listening to someone play music in the square, then I guess that want wouldn't pop back up again until strolling to the park or maybe listening to music on the radio.

I'm curious about another thing. Do the sims stay in their normal clothing while pregnant? There is no more changing into pregnancy clothes? That is an improvement.

Also, I noticed in one snapshot that a single sim moving in had 16,000. Does a larger family get more money or the same amount as a single sim made in CAS?
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2009 May 20, 21:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click the three dots button, then 'Edit nhood', and the option 'switch active household' will appear.
[/quote]
They did it a horrible way. I hate it.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2009 May 20, 21:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious about another thing. Do the sims stay in their normal clothing while pregnant? There is no more changing into pregnancy clothes? That is an improvement.

My not-really-a-self-sim changed clothes when pregnant, and "plan outfit" wasn't available on the wardrobe anymore. It's annoying, but the 2 pregnancy outfits I saw were more varied and somewhat less fugly than TS2 default maternity wear.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Honeywell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2009 May 20, 21:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone else notice an inventory wipe after switching house holds?

I was trying to figure out how to get a "romantic interest" to move in, get married, engaged... anything really besides fuck buddy.  I switched the active family to see if I'd have better luck playing that side, I didn't of course.  But when I switched back to the original family, as expected, the wants were all gone but so was their entire inventory.  I'd think that losing actual possessions (all that collectible crap they're so keen on) would merit a warning too.  
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2009 May 20, 21:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I noticed in one snapshot that a single sim moving in had 16,000. Does a larger family get more money or the same amount as a single sim made in CAS?

They get more.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2009 May 20, 21:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone else notice an inventory wipe after switching house holds?

I was trying to figure out how to get a "romantic interest" to move in, get married, engaged... anything really besides fuck buddy.  I switched the active family to see if I'd have better luck playing that side, I didn't of course.  But when I switched back to the original family, as expected, the wants were all gone but so was their entire inventory.  I'd think that losing actual possessions (all that collectible crap they're so keen on) would merit a warning too.  

Oh no! I think I checked inventory after switching and I think it remained intact. I *think*. Shouldn't collectible crap be kept in a skill panel or some other totally unexpected place?

Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2009 May 20, 21:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened to you too Honeywell? I thought maybe someone stole it, but yeah all of the stuff in one of my sim's inventory,
including some rare butterflies, a bunch of seeds, expensive books and a guitar, were missing also after I  created a new sim.
I looked every where on the lot and in the family inventory, but nothing was there.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: