More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:58:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111814 times)
Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #50 on: 2009 May 18, 18:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I presume the aging off cheat won't work...damn...guess there is motivation to keep the sims 2 around...Anyways, any idea on the new foods avaible in the sims?

There's an aging option in the settings.

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 May 18, 18:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will be set on low, kthxbai. =0)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 May 18, 18:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That behavior is controlled under "Story Progression". However, if you stop playing your current fambly, you forfeit all your current want progress, and possibly godknowswhatelse. All in all, the game is not well tailored for multi-fambly play...and you are utterly hosed if you are trying to do something in two fambys simultaneously!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 May 18, 18:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean by want progress Pescado, are the wants not like TS2?
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 May 18, 18:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't really sound like I'll be leaving TS2 for this, but I'm certainly intrigued enough to give it the old college try.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 18, 19:38:58 by spookymuffin » Logged

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 May 18, 19:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I'm sticking to TS2. *goes on CC downloading binge because my elders still need un-fugly clothes*
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 May 18, 19:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean by want progress Pescado, are the wants not like TS2?

Remember those "Boink six people" wants?

Either that, or maybe there's something like "Work out for five hours."
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 May 18, 19:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and- mind if I spread the word? Leave links to this in a few places I know are frequented by other Simmers?
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 May 18, 19:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens now?

Does this mean awesomeland has averted apocalypse?

Does this mean only the tards in the fan base are moving on?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 May 18, 19:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone with the torrent post pics of the game's fail?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Nightmare
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 May 18, 19:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, what proofs do you have that this is an early beta/alpha version? You're spreading that both here and at the BBS, under your SBlade handle. You wouldn't be spewing rumors, now would you?

As you can see by PM, I speak of something I´ve tested it myself. If this isn´t a Beta, this is the biggest shit I´ve ever seen.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 May 18, 19:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, what proofs do you have that this is an early beta/alpha version? You're spreading that both here and at the BBS, under your SBlade handle. You wouldn't be spewing rumors, now would you?

As you can see by PM, I speak of something I´ve tested it myself. If this isn´t a Beta, this is the biggest shit I´ve ever seen.

Well, colour us surprised. TS3 is shit. If only someone had predicted that.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 May 18, 20:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PM, shmee M. You linked to the Demonoid torrent page. The one that lists it as "full game". The one I also downloaded. Nothing on the page you linked mentioned anything about it being a demo. Not one comment, and I went through all 206. So your point?

Notice that I'm not arguing that it's the biggest shit you've ever seen. It's up there on my list. I'm keeping my list of gripes until I've had a couple days to play through.

Parrot, I haven't been taking a lot of pics and none of the UI or popups. I'll get on that. Here's a couple in-game. Notable is that game pic sizes are defaulted at 1024x768 and there are no thumbnails taken. Also, I'm at highest graphic settings:

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 May 18, 20:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You cannot have multiple households in the same neighbourhood. That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 May 18, 20:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, those are some fugly ass sims.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
cklayne
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 May 18, 20:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seriously can't play more than 1 sim family per 'hood?

Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 May 18, 20:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question for Zazazu: Are the sims naturally chubby, or did you make her that way? Can you change their weight to begin with?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 18, 20:26:05 by Lum » Logged
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 May 18, 20:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@IAmTheRad and cklayne, and anyone else who either lacks reading comprehension skills or has a limited attention span:

Selective reading = fail

I know it's hard for some folks, especially some noobs, but for pity's sake, READ THE WHOLE THREAD.  Asking questions that have already been answered and making comments that show you stopped reading at a certain point is tres annoying, and serves to solidfy your appearance of stupidity.

This is not the BBS.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
cklayne
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 May 18, 20:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read the whole thread, thanks.   Wink

From what I've gathered, here and other places, you can *technically* play more than one family, but by doing so you forfeit all progress.  I was simply asking for clarification on this, not asking anyone to preform brain surgery or learn rocket science.  Yes, I made an account (actually, I had one previously, but was usually in lurk mode and apparently lost it in some house cleaning) to ask a question.  Shock and horror!  Tongue

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 May 18, 20:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem to have the gist of it, n00b.  If you require further clarification, I suggest arr'ing it yourself.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 May 18, 20:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it appears your houses can be subject to random acts on move in. My house was on an indian burial ground, meaning 3 ghost sims where on the lot. You can interact with ghosts as normal sims it seems, but what annoys me is that they use the house appliances. The fire death ghost made dinner and burnt it. I forsee fire!

A lot of the animations are copy+pasted from TS2, I only saw a couple of new ones and they looked odd and jolty in comparision to the others. There also seems to be contact problems with objects and sims, so there are air gaps in interactions. This happened in TS2 as well though. The fights were short (a few sim mins), but it seems that if your sim does have 'performs well in a fight' traits it actually works and they win more, not awesomeware, but it's better than totally random.

In fact my general opinion is: like TS2 but not as good.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 May 18, 20:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Continuing Impressions:
1. Sims in TS3 are just not as good-looking at their TS2 equivalents. Yes, they are more detailed. Yes, you can trick them out in ways that you can't really do with TS2 sims. But they're still ugly. And this is coming from someone who *ISN'T* a heavy CC user: I basically use EAxis default skins, EAxis default eyes. But the fact of the matter is, TS3 sims are just ugly. Why? I am not qualified to say. They just ARE. It took very little effort, even for someone with my complete lack of artistic skills, to throw together a sim that looked passably like someone familiar, or at least, wasn't ugly. I have spent an hour fiddling with the damn thing, but nothing I do produces something other than a pudgy, doughy-faced, slopey-foreheaded ape.

That's why I'm lukewarm at best about buying TS3.  All the other content and comparisons between the two games really make TS3 look a lot more impressive than TS2, and then I see the sims themselves...

They don't have any personality.  The faces don't have any character.  They're just spheroids with faces stamped on them.  There's no distinct definition to any of them.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 May 18, 21:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, those are some fugly ass sims.
The skin tones are flat and react oddly to lighting. Also, you have no sliders for facial features. You can only choose from a limited number of noses, eyes, etc, though things like hair color and eye color give endless possibilities. All the sims are fugly. In her defense, she was making a face in the second picture.

Question for Zazazu: Are the sims naturally chubby, or did you make her that way? Can you change their weight to begin with?
I made her that chubby. She's slightly over the midpoint on the weight slider, no muscle tone. You can definitely edit both in CAS.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 May 18, 21:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought there were supposed to be sliders? I could have sworn there was something in a review of the game about easily-customized facial features. Sad

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 May 18, 22:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's sliders to customize face pieces its a tab next to the templates.

Anyone seen the "teach toddler to walk" animations yet?  They are seriously messed up.  The hands don't connect proper to the toddler at all at any point.

Also they seem to pull all baby and toddler food out of their ass.  Although i'd call that an improvement no running across the house to the fridge to grab a bottle of milk or bowl of mush.  Toddlers also finally sleep like normal sims so they don't need to take 10 naps a day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: