More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:20:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1116349 times)
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1875 on: 2009 May 31, 16:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there were naked pregnant meshes.  I can't remember who made them, but the belly was significantly bigger and more pregnant-like.  They were at MTS2 and Insim (way back in times of old before Pescado had to rescue it).  That gives me hope that someone will be able to fix this shitty mess eventually.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Lurker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: 2009 May 31, 17:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tasha, here's a preggy random townie at the pool:

Well, EA could have done the naked pregnant. This is too awful and lazy.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: 2009 May 31, 17:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there were naked pregnant meshes.  I can't remember who made them, but the belly was significantly bigger and more pregnant-like.

I'm not sure if you mean to say they didn't exist without third-party intervention, but I just tested on unmodded (except for censor blur) TS2 and naked pregnant sims look pregnant.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1878 on: 2009 May 31, 17:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, yes, I was talking about third-party meshes in that case.  I don't understand the laziness in this game concerning the lack of EA-manufactured pregnant bellies and the materializing into cars and whatnot instead of just getting in.  I have to admit that I miss the car interactions (like woohooing) from Sims 2.  Talk about cutting corners!

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

linz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: 2009 May 31, 17:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else: I saved my game and it seemed to have crashed during the process, when I started up the game again all of the lots I created were gone but the families and houses I had saved to the "bin" were still in the the bin. Huh!!!
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: 2009 May 31, 17:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, yes, I was talking about third-party meshes in that case.  I don't understand the laziness in this game concerning the lack of EA-manufactured pregnant bellies and the materializing into cars and whatnot instead of just getting in.  I have to admit that I miss the car interactions (like woohooing) from Sims 2.  Talk about cutting corners!

I'm thinking the whole materializing in cars thing is because of the fact that you can now place parking spaces anywhere on the lot. 
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1881 on: 2009 May 31, 17:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps.  Still doesn't make it any lease cheap and irritating, but cheap and irritating seem to be EA's motto.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: 2009 May 31, 17:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you pick people up with move_objects on?

Edit: I know you can select them, but can you pick them up and say, fling them across town, or are you limited to placing people in your lot?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 18:07:22 by timelycorruption » Logged

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: 2009 May 31, 18:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Limited to your lot, and going into Buy or Build mode while playing a family zooms into the family lot. I suppose that can be useful, but I prefer saved camera points. I have one set to my family in play, and one set to spy on the relatives.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: 2009 May 31, 20:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that when you zoom in on a rabbit hole quickly, you can sort of see inside before it disappears? For instance, if you zoom in quickly on the  supermarket, you can see some shelves with boxes on them.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: 2009 May 31, 20:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that when you zoom in on a rabbit hole quickly, you can sort of see inside before it disappears? For instance, if you zoom in quickly on the  supermarket, you can see some shelves with boxes on them.

If you get in at the right angle, you can do it intentionally... The classrooms have very pixellated blackboards and posters, the hospital has a little lobby area, with flowers on a table.  All very backdroppy looking, but fun to play around with while you're waiting for your Sim's workday to end.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Lurker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: 2009 May 31, 20:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also works on the neighbours' houses.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: 2009 May 31, 20:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get in at the right angle, you can do it intentionally... The classrooms have very pixellated blackboards and posters, the hospital has a little lobby area, with flowers on a table.  All very backdroppy looking, but fun to play around with while you're waiting for your Sim's workday to end.

Wow, I just tried it at the diner and it does look kind of cool. I heard that the first expansion is supposed to be job-related, I wonder if it's going to let us see our sims at work?
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: 2009 May 31, 21:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone figured out how to get custom MP3's in the CustomMusic folder to actually work in-game? I even moved the game's default custom music *out* of the folder and somehow it still manages to play them.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: 2009 May 31, 21:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Documents -> Electronic Arts -> TS3 -> Custom Music

^ The correct file path. Not the one under C:/Program Files/.../GameData. (Assuming you made the same mistake I did when I first tried to load custom music in the game Tongue).
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: 2009 May 31, 21:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having issues when mousing over wishes to read them? It flickers and disappears and I have to do it several times before it will stay put long enough to read. Unfortunately, it's not only wishes that are affected but anything that you mouse over to read. Other than that, I've thankfully had no other glitches.

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: 2009 May 31, 21:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"fadeobjects off" = you can see the insides all the time.

Of course, there's not much to see, but there you go.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: 2009 May 31, 21:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ann song just moved in with my couple while i was playing another house. despite the fact that she hadn't met either of them (and still hasn't, i still have the menu option to introduce them).

this game is mind boggling sometimes.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: 2009 May 31, 22:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I smell a faux noob.

Couple more things from the 'this has probably already been mentioned' file:

--There *are* bald hairstyles in the game...for toddlers.
--Speaking of which, part of the New Ugliness for toddlers is the horrible selection of female hairs for them.

With testing cheats on:

--Shift-clicking on another sim gives you "trigger age transition", avoiding cake rigamarole.
--Shift-clicking on self also gives "modify traits for active sim", which I assume is exactly what it sounds like.

Annoyances:

--Sims wake up sleeping toddlers to snuggle them. Leave that squalling brat alone.
--Hungry sims prepare meals and then walk away and do something else without eating them.

Overall, the more I play the more I think someone in a position of design authority spends all his or her free time playing World of Warcraft. A bit too much skilling & gathering, as has been often commented upon, plus the 'quality level' of items (purple = epix!), the skill journals (much like the achievement system in WoW, which to be fair is being used by a number of other games already too, such as Warhammer's Tome of Knowledge and Left 4 Dead's achievement unlocks), skill books, the questiness of opportunities, etc. I've got no doubt that the metal and gems will be used in a future xpac to make jewelry. Which I can already do in World of Warcraft.

Unfortunately it seems like this RPG emphasis came at the cost of of any depth in storytelling and relationships, which continue to fall horribly flat. No memories, no organic feeling to your friendships or extended families, and the horrible interaction trees. I've given up on the 'give X a massage' wish because damned if I can figure out which tree it's in, and I have limited patience for clicking random buttons to access an interaction that should be available at all times to a freaking married couple.

ETA: I loaded up TS2 earlier to test something, and it made me realize how much I miss my MATY-fied, lot-sync-timer'd hood full of houses that all have their own stories in my head, and genetics running around that go back many generations and a couple of years for me.

« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 22:24:13 by TashaYarrr » Logged
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: 2009 May 31, 23:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first lots are up for download at sims3.com.
Only two, and the odd-shaped roof one is in basegame anyhow (possibly both), but the ball has started rolling.

Gonna have a good browse on MTS on tuesday, I can't build this whole town on my own
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: 2009 May 31, 23:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Overall, the more I play the more I think someone in a position of design authority spends all his or her free time playing World of Warcraft. A bit too much skilling & gathering, as has been often commented upon, plus the 'quality level' of items (purple = epix!), the skill journals (much like the achievement system in WoW, which to be fair is being used by a number of other games already too, such as Warhammer's Tome of Knowledge and Left 4 Dead's achievement unlocks), skill books, the questiness of opportunities, etc. I've got no doubt that the metal and gems will be used in a future xpac to make jewelry. Which I can already do in World of Warcraft.

I agree.  They're trying too hard to appeal to the *finger quotes* hardcore gamer.  The charm of the Sims series has always been the open-endedness and the ability to make the game be whatever you want.    It's that whole toy vs. game thing again. 

BTW, it took WoW for-freakin-EVAR to implement achievements.  Warhammer's Tome of Knowledge is great though.  I wish I could have persuaded some of my WoW guildies to jump ship with me.
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: 2009 May 31, 23:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone arr'd the newer torrent that claims to be the final release + patch that EAxis has already released? It's close enough to release date that I think it might be legit. I'm wondering if anyone has gotten both and compared.

asciident / realrobotica
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: 2009 June 01, 00:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plenty of people, from what I've read here's a list with all the changes between the Reloaded version and the Razor version:

1. It doesn't crash as much.
2. It doesn't overheat as much.

So for people that didn't have crashing or overheating issues it may look identical.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
Whylorinda
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: 2009 June 01, 00:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone looked into adoption at all? Specifically, I was wondering if you could put your own sims at the front of the adoption pool by having them taken by the social worker, like in TS2. Thanks.
Lurker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: 2009 June 01, 00:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So for people that didn't have crashing or overheating issues it may look identical.
I'm in that case, no crashing, no lag. Not a single difference in fact.

Whylorinda: one of the help lessons mentions the social worker taking away neglected childs. It also has a pic of the SW doing it.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: