More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 15:48:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Trying not to break it
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trying not to break it  (Read 5011 times)
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Trying not to break it
« on: 2009 May 13, 18:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to you all and lots of lurking, I now have a list of things to not do.  However, I have impaired search skills: I'm sure I'm not the first person to want to do this.  Can I safely delete (and if so, how) the neighborhoods I did things I shouldn't ought to have done in before I knew better?  I did all the delete sims from bin, move occupied houses between neighborhoods . . . all the things the game is made to look like one ought to be able to do and apparently shouldn't.  I've only had Sims 2 for a couple months, so I haven't seen any BFBVFS, but I did see some preliminary signs, and, well, why bother keeping neighborhoods I messed up before I knew better?
Also, I downloaded the batbox--but my latest expansion is Seasons.  I didn't see variant versions depending on expansion packs.  Is that right?  I'm slowly downloading other Awesomeware as I figure out what I'm doing and what it is, also some other hacks that seem to (not particularly good with computers, though I can fake it) get along well, mainly Simlogical.  Sims must homeschool!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Trying not to break it
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 13, 18:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can safely delete any neighbourhood in your My Documents\...\Sims2\Neighborhoods\ folder.  You can do this from outside the game or from the main neighbourhood selection screen in the game.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 13, 18:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to the Director's Cut thread. That is where links to previous EP versions of hacks are kept.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 14, 18:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks very much.  I will go delete those.  No sense wasting memory.
I've been working on reading all the RTFMs and the threads associated with the hacks.  Some seem to fix problems I don't tend to have--I micromanage so the BUY applies to a problem I've never seen as best I understand.  My sims never pile up in the bathroom, they always have another queued action or five.  (And if they don't have something to do, they all end up at the piano--apparently tipping someone with one lousy creativity point is a higher attraction action than anything else, including the computer!)  Likewise, while I have Seasons, I don't have Pets or Nightlife so those hacks I don't need.
I didn't see the batbox specificly in the Seasons folder, so either I'm not reading well, or there's not a Seasons-specific version.  In either case, using it in game so far hasn't caused a problem.  Now if I could just figure out what half the functions on it are . . . I know it'll just take me a while.  This site, like every other I've ever been on run by a INTJ, has its own vocabulary that I just have to learn.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 14, 19:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Batbox = ffsdebugger. It is totally there.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 15, 01:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it is.  I totally failed reading today.  (had to ctrl+f to find it)
Please accept my apologies.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 15, 01:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been working on reading all the RTFMs and the threads associated with thmae hacks.  Some seem to fix problems I don't tend to have--I micromanage so the BUY applies to a problem I've never seen as best I understand.
I'm a micromanager, too. As such, BUY sorta fixes a problem you don't USUALLY have...unless you have a lot of visitors over...but even then, the point is that your micromanagement is what is preventing this. The thing is, if you're anything like me, you're a micromanager out of necessity, not because you genuinely ENJOY it. That's the point: Macro control items remove the NEED to micromanage in the first place! With them installed, you don't NEED to queue 5 or 6 things for them to do to keep them out of trouble, the shiny things will intelligently select what to do for you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 15, 05:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The usefulness of BUY is not so much in preventing a pile-up, but in the fact that it just makes it so much easier.  Before I would have them shower at a separate time and would have to move my view so that I could instruct them to go to the bathroom; now I can pay attention to other things while they automatically use the bathroom and still queue up another action.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 15, 06:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the BUY/Macro combo: Rather than having to move to see the bathroom and tell them WHICH bathroom to use and HOW to use it and in what order, you can just click on the sim and command GO TO THE BATHROOM, and they will do so as a single command that does not need micromanaging.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: