More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:11:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Getting neighbours in AL to visit you
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Getting neighbours in AL to visit you  (Read 5590 times)
Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Getting neighbours in AL to visit you
« on: 2009 May 13, 21:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pretty much don't play families on lots with multiple apartments. The few times I tried, I got annoyed when I couldn't invite the neighbours over (to clarify: on the same lot - not neighbours on other lots). I kind of like the idea to keep friends and family on the same lot as neighbours, but having parties without them gets rather boring. Only time a neighbour has stuck around in the playable sim family's apartment is when they've asked the neighbour to babysit.

I haven't looked more into this and figure it would be better to ask others if this is how it works or if my game is messed up in some ways?
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Getting neighbours in AL to visit you
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 14, 04:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been a while since I've played in apartments due to ultra glitchiness. But if I recall correctly, you can knock on the neighbors door and ask them to come out (or something along those lines). Then you can introduce them to the other people in your party, and they generally stick around.

Two things to make sure of are that your doors are unlocked and that you have something more fun and interactive to do in your apartment than any of the public areas.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 14, 05:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you ask them to come out and you have a good enough relationship with them, they'll come out. Only thing is that they treat the public areas and the inside of your apartment the same - you might have to go inside and call them over to get them in.

Or are you meaning that you can't do things such as invite them by phone, or include them in guest lists for parties? Did you check and make sure the person has a phone?
Sairsadel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 14, 06:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just your game.  Using the phone, I can get a Sim to invite another over from a neighbouring apartment, and they express the usual enthusiasm but don't show up.
Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 14, 14:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you ask them to come out and you have a good enough relationship with them, they'll come out. Only thing is that they treat the public areas and the inside of your apartment the same - you might have to go inside and call them over to get them in.

Or are you meaning that you can't do things such as invite them by phone, or include them in guest lists for parties? Did you check and make sure the person has a phone?

The latter - its just as Sairsadel says =/

It's not just your game.  Using the phone, I can get a Sim to invite another over from a neighbouring apartment, and they express the usual enthusiasm but don't show up.
MuertoElBarto
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 14, 15:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that the way it works, they consider themselves to already be on the lot simply by being in their own unit?  I don't generally call to invite them, but I threw an apartment party once, and everyone appeared on their front porches, only to venture back inside when the single sim hosting the shindig did little to engage them.  The landlady's 'party' sucked as well.

I'd recommend avoding the Maxis apartments - there doesn't seem to be much in the way of common areas in any of the ones I've explored.  If you want neighbors to be closer, you may need to design the lot so they can't satisfy needs within their units.
Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 14, 16:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see... well, I just had some ideas for apartment buildings but it seems it would be too annoying to play. Thanks for confirm! =D
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 14, 18:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want neighbors to be closer, you may need to design the lot so they can't satisfy needs within their units.

I have now my apt neighbors hang out at my playables apt all the time. The first couple of days they pee, shower, ride raid the fridge, read books, turn on the stereo and dance, and so on.
Next day, the sidewalk outside is carpeted in passed-out neighbors in their work outfit.
They then wake up, bitch that you proposed them to sleep over and didn't provide any sleep, leave and immediately return and pass out again.

I'm sure it's due to a sum of glitches and hack conflicts, but it's funny as hell. I hope those tight pants stay on forever.

ETA: lulzy typo.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 14, 21:54:18 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 14, 20:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first couple of days they pee, shower, ride the fridge, read books, turn on the stereo and dance, and so on.

I think you mean raid the fridge *giggles*

MuertoElBarto
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 14, 21:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first couple of days they pee, shower, ride the fridge, read books, turn on the stereo and dance, and so on.

Don't fun-starved playful sims ride the fridge door?  They could do both!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 14, 21:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh! AHAHAH I vote this for my best typo/misspelling ever  Cheesy.

(Now this mental image of a sim rodeo on fridges, with cowboy hats, lazos and everything, will haunt my brain forever)

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: