More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:27:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Crammyboye Archives (Moderator: crammyboy)
| | |-+  Electro Dance Sphere skilling changes.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Electro Dance Sphere skilling changes.  (Read 49191 times)
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Electro Dance Sphere skilling changes.
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 12, 04:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Maxis
Young Adult Male Sims can no longer get pregnant and give birth by using the Electro Dance Sphere.

Since YA pregnancies aren't natively supported in the game, Maxis felt it was a "bug" that YA males could become pregnant so they removed it in the patch.  I simply provided a mod which rolls that functionality back in case you want YA's to still get pregnant.

The Maxis patch also includes skilling fixes, but that is altogether separate.

J

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 12, 04:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since YA pregnancies aren't natively supported in the game, Maxis felt it was a "bug" that YA males could become pregnant so they removed it in the patch.  I simply provided a mod which rolls that functionality back in case you want YA's to still get pregnant.

The Maxis patch also includes skilling fixes, but that is altogether separate.

J

Ahh... just cause my addled jellified brain needs further clarification (as I have been hacking away at, what I thought would be an easy, tiny hack, and of course they never are easy or simple now are they? Tongue) is it that they completely disabled YA pregnancy (and thus interferes with the kitten killer Roll Eyes ) or specifically getting pregnant via the electrosphere itself?

Or... in other words, does your hotfix allow pregnancies in general for YAs, or it re-enables? pregnancy specifically via the electrosphere? Why the heck would the electrosphere cause pregnancies anyways? My foggy brain vaguely recalls something about being cloned from the telescope? But even if that were true... wouldn't simply removing those pregnancy inducing bhavs fix it?

Is the pregnancy only related to YA use? Or can any sim that is capable of getting pregnant have an "accident" by using the electrosphere? Talk about going for a ride. Grin

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 12, 05:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a remote chance that if a male has been abducted by aliens before, he can be abducted again while using the electrosphere, and thus become alien pregnant.  From reading about the patch on Maxis' website, the patch only addresses YA males getting pregnant via the electrosphere, no one else.  This was probably because the Electrosphere was new in NL and they didn't think about closing that loophole at the time.  I don't think YA males can come back pregnant if they get abducted while stargazing with the telescope.  I have heard of this happening though, but the pregnancy doesn't advance until they graduate and move back home.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 12, 06:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What she said Smiley

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 12, 10:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jase, I like your signature. Expect to offend some Christians Cheesy
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 12, 13:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how "remote" that chance of being abducted in the EDS is, but I've only had two teen boys get abducted for the ET Reparations Grant, and both of them got alien PG at Uni.  I didn't know why when the first one happened, and had to teleport the baby to the home lot to get her out of the dorm.  The second one (twins, no less!) I suspended with InSim.  So the fix is probably to keep male YAs from having babies they can't take with them when they leave unless you use a non-Maxian way of getting them out.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 12, 15:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should think that's the case.  However, I've sometimes wondered what would happen if you kept the kid there in the uni house, maybe moving in younger members of the parent's family to take care of it.  Would the kid still be able to "Go to college"?

Zephyr Zodiac
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 12, 20:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should think that's the case.  However, I've sometimes wondered what would happen if you kept the kid there in the uni house, maybe moving in younger members of the parent's family to take care of it.  Would the kid still be able to "Go to college"?
If you have the "kitten-killer" installed, yes.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 12, 22:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, if you don't use those kinds of hacks, then you couldn't send him to Uni!  So, would he grow up or stay a teen forever?  Or would he even get that far?

Zephyr Zodiac
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 13, 02:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most likely outcome (assuming you managed to keep them on the lot until they were a teen) is that he/she would automatically age to a young adult the next time you loaded the lot after their child->teenage birthday.  The game is "wired" to automatically promote (on load) any teenager it discovers living on a Uni lot to a YA.  Your teenage years would be short lived.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 13, 02:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So at least he'd be able to go back home!

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 April 05, 18:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Crammy,

I saw this and I was wondering then, is it still buggy in OFB? I originally thought that your hack here fixes this. But since it is NL only, I figured it wasn't needed anymore?

Ste

crammyboy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 April 05, 19:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should work fine with OFB, there was a change in the versions in one of the bhavs, but I couldn't find any real difference.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 July 17, 02:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think YA males can come back pregnant if they get abducted while stargazing with the telescope.  I have heard of this happening though, but the pregnancy doesn't advance until they graduate and move back home.

They can. It happened in my game, and glitched the hell out of it- I ended up having to restore a backup neighborhood (SimPE for the win). That's one of the major reasons I installed the oft-mentioned "kitten killer"... (that, and to cause problems for the campus slut XD)
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 25, 15:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a remote chance that if a male has been abducted by aliens before, he can be abducted again while using the electrosphere, and thus become alien pregnant.  From reading about the patch on Maxis' website, the patch only addresses YA males getting pregnant via the electrosphere, no one else.  This was probably because the Electrosphere was new in NL and they didn't think about closing that loophole at the time.  I don't think YA males can come back pregnant if they get abducted while stargazing with the telescope.  I have heard of this happening though, but the pregnancy doesn't advance until they graduate and move back home.

If the pregnant father moves to a different house on campus, the pregnancy will advance.
SparkleSim
« Reply #40 on: 2006 November 04, 09:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a neat hack
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: