More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 18:57:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Crash while creating downtownies, How bad is it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crash while creating downtownies, How bad is it?  (Read 3794 times)
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
Crash while creating downtownies, How bad is it?
« on: 2009 May 02, 21:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the beautiful 'Elsewhere' hood by plasticbox, created a sim and moved it into a lot, then started making townies with the gun. As soon as I switched to downtownies and tried spawning, the game crashed: ' application has crashed and will now be terminated'. How bad is it? I checked the logs and the game gave me a sims2exception file, which I don't know if it's useful or not, but it's attached anyway.

Question is, is it a VBT or is there some other error in the works? I've had some random crashes lately, that I've not been able to track the source of (I'm starting to wonder if the amount of downloads the memory has to handle borks the game and crashes it). (I have 2 gb memory, and about 2.30 gb of downloads)

* Sims2Exception 2009.05.02 22.48.51.txt (10.4 KB - downloaded 493 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 May 02, 21:12:58 by Crash » Logged

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Crash while creating downtownies, How bad is it?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 02, 22:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did this exact same thing with that hood earlier in the week. It does get very laggy when using the gun (to the point can't move) but I have 1.79 gb of downloads and 1gb of ram it never crashed. Just took long enough and felt like everything froze. I close all background applications when batch creating townies. So I want to say the amount of downloads you have is ok for having that much ram (you meant 2gb of ram right?), do you have a good amount of HD space though?

Edit
Try this test a new hood with notownieregen in:
Make a cas sim, move to blank lot, use townie gun. With nothing on the lot and just one sim, does your client crash?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 02, 22:49:07 by nanacake » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 03, 19:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You did actually create a Downtown first, didn't you?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 03, 19:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Emma!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 03, 21:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You did actually create a Downtown first, didn't you?
Ha! It would pretty funny if had forgot that. How bad would that be, bfbvfs bad?  Cheesy

I guess it's simply one of those random crashes. So it's bad...something, ram or hard drive.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 03, 22:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying to create downtownies without a downtown has no adverse effects on the neighborhood, although the downtownies won't DO anything, either, since downtownies only appear downtown.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: