More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 14:28:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis house of Phail: May 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis house of Phail: May 09  (Read 87336 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: EAxis house of Phail: May 09
« Reply #50 on: 2009 May 08, 03:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm confusing myself with past bonus rules, but is it true that foundations =/= external walls? I really want to change the porches, especially the rear ones. A lot of others have changed the porches. Meh, whatever. I'm considering them ripe for demolition.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 May 08, 03:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm confusing myself with past bonus rules, but is it true that foundations =/= external walls? I really want to change the porches, especially the rear ones. A lot of others have changed the porches. Meh, whatever. I'm considering them ripe for demolition.
The only time porches could not be changed or demolished was when they were specifically restricted in the bonus rules. In this month's lot there are no restrictions of them.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 08, 16:16:28 by chobeegal » Logged

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 May 08, 15:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my second presentation for this month's remodel, Chobee Bungalow Apartments. I am attaching both the version in photos that has some CC and which is the play tested version, as well as a "cleaned" version which of course required some replacement items for the CC I had used. I have all EPs and SPs.

Front view

Back view

End view

Overhead view

http://www.box.net/shared/c0bn6kisf9 (CC)
http://www.box.net/shared/639tqmsav3 (Clean)
« Last Edit: 2009 May 08, 16:13:28 by chobeegal » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 May 08, 17:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok done. I kept with the basic footprint of the first floor and added a second. I also tweaked the front and rear porches. You'll notice that front and rear porches are actually made from multilevel fencing. I love that stone fencing, but it overhangs so much that I barely get to use it.

4 Danish Drive - a duplex for Grannie
Two units, as in the original, made AL-ready. Both units are one-bed, one-bath, but have different layouts.
Unit A - $1,084/week   $5,228 furnished, $2,998 unfurnished
  • Hers & his beds, for the extremely traditional couple.
  • Galley kitchen
  • Bathroom includes tub
  • Larger rear porch

Unit B - $1,309/week   $7,887 furnished, $$3,926 unfurnished
  • Lived-in look.
  • Separate kitchen
  • Bathroom attached to bedroom
  • More open floorplan

Download here
Requires: All EP, M&G. I also have K&B, H&M, and Ikea, but should not have used anything from those packs.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 May 10, 21:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I confess. This month I have contracted the dreaded inspiration virus. Here I present my third effort for this month's challenge; Chobee's Country Cypress Shack. I have uploaded only the CC version because without the CC I used in creation of this one it is going to not look at all right. The "Cypress" siding is actually "Cedar" but was the closest thing I could find to replicate the Cypress that used to be used for much of the building in this part of Florida. It was used because it would last longer in this climate than any imported wood, but it is now illegal to harvest and use Cypress lumber. The only Cypress available now is if it comes from the dismantling of old houses and barns. There are some Cypress homes and buildings over 100 years old still in use around here and most are now declared for historical preservation.

For the photos I changed the street to gravel and lanscaped over the sidewalks. The street has to be redone as well as the sidewalk remnants also every time you enter to play the lot. I know there are people who have made mods to permanently alter streets and sidewalks, but I don't have any of those and don't know how to make them myself.

Front view

Side front view

Back view

Foundation (ground) level

First floor living areas

Second floor bedrooms

Third floor bedrooms

Fourth floor bedrooms

Play tested by S. W. and Hattie Blackwater

http://www.box.net/shared/5edjkr047p (CC)
« Last Edit: 2009 May 10, 21:52:59 by chobeegal » Logged

Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 May 10, 22:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like all the small pieces of roof at different heights!

INEPT INTP
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 May 12, 10:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did start work on this one, though if I ever finish it is another matter.

Please finish it! I love how it looks!

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 May 14, 17:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouple posting so I'm just going to add the links for my challange house.

SlideShow Link:
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/realmscat/4%20Danish%20Drive/?action=view&current=8b1498f7.pbw

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gnunywgkj5r
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2009 May 15, 13:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pentabet, that's a pretty wacky interior. I might use some of those paintings in mine.

MadameUgly, I like that house, the muted colors are lovely. The whole feel of the lot is calmness. And loving the greenhouse top floors. So opposite of any house I ever make!

jesslla, pretty! I like the glassed-in walkway.

Trubble, I like yours! I like the chasm inbetween the two houses, and the ying-yangy feel of the whole place.

chobeegal, are you Irish? Slantje! I love green too, but more because it's nature, not because I see too much green grass here. Wink
Difficult to see your pics.. I may have to download them for a closer look. One thing I noticed though, is that all 3 lots seem to be very symmetrical, which kind of makes me want to skew the houses a bit. I prefer asymmetry, a bit of chaos is always good.

I've started on my house this morning. When I took the roofs and windows off, it looked like 2 boxes, so I just added more boxes stacked on top. It should be done in a few days.

« Last Edit: 2009 May 17, 11:08:58 by SalixTree » Logged

why be normal?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 May 15, 15:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, SalixTree, that's really cool.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 May 15, 15:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the off centered stacked look and play of white on red and red and white. Nice! I have always loved those diagonal windows, so that just makes it better for me.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 May 15, 16:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SalixTree: Bizarre! In a very good way. I can't wait to see the finished product.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 May 15, 19:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Price: $104,586
EPs required: NL, OFB, Seasons
Furnished?: Partially.
Features: Second floor
Map: First floor | Second floor
Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/233384396/4_Danish_Drive_Exiled.Sims2Pack

Details: Second house ever built, second attempt at Awesomespec.  I thought I didn't use CC, but the package shows about four recolors, along with this "Phone controller" and a colonial dresser.  The latter might be a EA Store object. 

First floor: Both duplexes converted into the "Vomitorium", along with a bathroom and lockable room for the staircase.  The One Desk/Idling room is located in the middle of the room behind the Vomitoriums with a chess set and TV.  I built another door so that Sims driving home can easily access The One Desk room.  Kitchen is lockable.  I managed to squeeze the nursery right next to it.  It's a bit dicey; there could be traffic issues if there's already a kid there playing (not playtested). 

Second floor: Two bathrooms, four bedrooms.  Bedrooms large enough to hold a double bed and dresser, or two single beds and a dresser, or any other arrangement, as necessary.

Expandability: The area above the nursery has enough room for a potential third floor staircase.  One or more bedrooms can be converted into other kinds of rooms.  The area between the two south bedrooms can be expanded more (if desired) to fit a hot tub or another set of bathrooms by building foundations and walls on the first floor and then laying down tile.

Awesomespec?: I believe it complies with all aspects of Awesomespec.

Known issues:
- First floor east bathroom tub is non-functional; rotate it so that Sims can use it.
- Trying to teach a toddler to walk in the nursery can be problematic; the action ahs been dropped due to a lack of room.  Suggested: do it inside the visitor area.
- Toddlers can crawl around the house.  Configure an APO inside the nursery to deny "exit" to "everyone" with overrides to the caregivers.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 17, 03:47:26 by Exiled » Logged
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 May 15, 22:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please finish it! I love how it looks!

I am aiming to get it done before the month is out Wink

I think all the houses to date have been great. Things I would never have thought of doing.

SalixTree, I really love your makeovers. The latest looks very interesting Cheesy

A proud thread pirate.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 May 15, 23:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

chobeegal, are you Irish? Slantje! I love green too, but more because it's nature, not because I see too much green grass here. Wink
Difficult to see your pics.. I may have to download them for a closer look. One thing I noticed though, is that all 3 lots seem to be very symmetrical, which kind of makes me want to skew the houses a bit. I prefer asymmetry, a bit of chaos is always good.

Primarily Irish and Scots ancestery, with a dash of Dutch thrown in for "seasoning". I married a Hispanic and my sister married an East Indian so our children are really a "Mulligan Stew". My niece is not married and does not plan to ever do so. My 3 daughters have married a man of German ancestery, one of Welsh ancestery, and one of English ancestery. I'm curious to see what diversity the next generation (my 8 grandchildren) brings into the family line. LOL

I tend to go with symmetry when creating apartments only because, here in the US at least, most apartment complexes are built with symmetrical or "mirror image" units. I assume it is because it costs less to do so. I would think getting an archetect to plan "individualized" units would be much more expense as well as time consuming and would require a lot more diversity of materials which would cut out any discounts or savings for purchasing materials in quantity.

So OK, here I go again with my fourth entry. And yes it is again symmetrical. Actually I might try doing something asymmetrical now, but am unsure if I will like it well enough to post. We'll have to wait and see. Grin Some CC; mostly walls, floors and ceilings but also Menaceman's light fix and the Morroccan chair.

Front view

Back

Play area

Master Bedroom

Downstairs Bedrooms

Diningroom

Kitchen

Livingroom

Downstairs overview

http://www.box.net/shared/xcc06yd2fx
« Last Edit: 2009 May 16, 02:32:40 by chobeegal » Logged

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2009 May 16, 17:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chobeegal: Does that whole mash of curtain, tub, and college shower work out? I mean, is it usable? Because I'm looking to recreate our new bunker in Sims, but the only way I can recreate our tub setup is something along those lines.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
pentabet
Blathering Buffoon

Do I look a little sallow to you?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 May 16, 23:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that is neat!  I didn't even notice it first time around.  I might try that too if it's functional.

INFJ.  European Leo.  Chinese Pig.  Neat Freak.  Control Freak.  Simmer.  WoWer.  Bookworm.  B-Movie Addict.
I have many Anonymous meetings that I attend.
Don't judge me!
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2009 May 17, 00:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chobeegal - you might want to clean out your Sims2Pack (I do this by renaming the Sims 2 folder and then installing the Sims2Pack using Clean Installer to get rid of all unwanted CC).  I don't mind extra furniture, but the file also currently seems to include two CC mailboxes, two CC garbage cans, and Inge's Stay Things Shrub.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 May 17, 01:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chobeegal: Does that whole mash of curtain, tub, and college shower work out? I mean, is it usable? Because I'm looking to recreate our new bunker in Sims, but the only way I can recreate our tub setup is something along those lines.
I'm not sure the shower works, I did it more for appearance than usability. I have used the tub with the shower in place with no problem. I believe the tub works with the curtains, I saw it done this way by someone else somewhere and I think I tested it out then. I know that Sims can still pass through arches that have curtains placed on them so I see no reason they could not use tub. If they can't, I'll be disappointed because it eliminates one more method of adding some realistic details.

Chobeegal - you might want to clean out your Sims2Pack (I do this by renaming the Sims 2 folder and then installing the Sims2Pack using Clean Installer to get rid of all unwanted CC).  I don't mind extra furniture, but the file also currently seems to include two CC mailboxes, two CC garbage cans, and Inge's Stay Things Shrub.

Oops, I forgot that I used Inge's Stay Things Shrub in my test run (done in residential mode) to keep the furnishings from disappearing when I moved them out. But the mailboxes and garbage cans came in on the base lot because I forgot to clean install it this time. I frequently find extra CC mailboxes and garbage cans piggybacking on the lots I download here. I usually remember to uncheck them in clean installer though.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 May 17, 03:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure the shower works, I did it more for appearance than usability. I have used the tub with the shower in place with no problem. I believe the tub works with the curtains, I saw it done this way by someone else somewhere and I think I tested it out then. I know that Sims can still pass through arches that have curtains placed on them so I see no reason they could not use tub. If they can't, I'll be disappointed because it eliminates one more method of adding some realistic details.
I commonly put curtains in front of tubs and showers. There are no access issues. For the tub/shower combo, I've done it before with a custom tub, but never with the EAxis one. I'm unsure if there would be a difference.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2009 May 17, 11:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is "Immaculate Zest"
I have all exp packs and M&G

*edit* After Pes noticed I did wrong, I've remodeled the bath. But the internet is giving me grief at the moment, so no download or new photo just yet. I'll try again soon. (Ok, all good now)

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?igdwnmmemmm
« Last Edit: 2009 May 17, 17:45:03 by SalixTree » Logged

why be normal?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 May 17, 14:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Immaculate Zest.  It's so unique.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 May 17, 14:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, other than that it commits the cardinal sin of diagonalizing a multitile tub, which is strictly verboten or else it will fuck up the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 May 17, 15:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the unique diagonal look to the kitchen counters and appliances. I haven't tried that zigzagging to such a degree before. Now I want to play with that aspect some more.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 May 17, 15:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, other than that it commits the cardinal sin of diagonalizing a multitile tub, which is strictly verboten or else it will fuck up the game.

Does it actually cause corruption?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: