More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:46:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  choose sex of baby hack? (pretty please)?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: choose sex of baby hack? (pretty please)?  (Read 16838 times)
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
choose sex of baby hack? (pretty please)?
« on: 2005 July 26, 23:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack to choose a baby's sex? Or can you make one? hehe

I'm having a fairly good time with a 'hood of my real family, and would like the babies to be the right sex...getting tired of exiting without saving, and kicking myself in the head for leaving the game running with a pregnant sim while I went to get my daughter ice cream.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: choose sex of baby hack? (pretty please)?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 27, 00:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really like this. While it isn't an absolute necessity, it DOES get annoying restarting a lot over and over because I want my Sim to have a male baby.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 27, 02:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really like this. While it isn't an absolute necessity, it DOES get annoying restarting a lot over and over because I want my Sim to have a male baby.

Sexist.
 Wink

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 27, 02:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, this doesn't appear to be possible at all: The game has stubbornly resisted every attempt at changing this to date. In fact, it seems sadistically written to disallow this, as while the Make Character primitive DOES accept a gender-control argument, if told to make a baby from two sims, it will completely disregard this for no particularly sensible reason.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 27, 02:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bah! thx for the reply Smiley

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 27, 02:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next best thing is the Lot Debugger.  Just save when sim goes into labor and then if you don't like what gender the baby is, just run it and it will leave w/o saving.  Also helps all the kids from looking alike.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 27, 03:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Run which command on the lot debugger?  I have some new hacks and not sure what's what anymore. (They are all JMP's though).

chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 27, 05:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing it's the "randomize firstborn" command, or whatever it's called.  The one that prevents all the first babies from being the first entry on some random table that isn't really all that random.

<stuff that was wrong>
« Last Edit: 2005 July 27, 10:24:57 by chintznibbles » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 27, 08:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The baby is only generated at birth. Twins are decided at conception, but the actual baby's attributes, gender, etc. are completely decided at birth, and you only need to save before the baby pops. The lot debugger's "randomize" function can be useful in defeating determinism in the random number generator.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 27, 10:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops. I guess I'll stop giving advice on things I'm not sure of. Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 27, 10:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly Chintznibbles.

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 27, 17:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cool I'll have to try that.

I had a sim that I tried an unorthodox experiment on, I had her have clone babies. (used the tombsone of L&D to make herself pregnant with...herself).  No matter how many times I did it, it was always BOYS.  She ended up with 4 more kids this way, all boys.  I tried the exit without saving method each time, like 10 times or so (no, I really don't have anything better to do with my time).  Next time I'll use the box and see if it changes.  I was wondering if the fact that the babies were cloned (being pregnant with herself) had anything to do with the fact that they were all boys, but theoretically it's random so *shrug*

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 27, 17:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is not random. If you self-pollinate a sim with itself, the resulting outcome will always be the opposite gender. No randomness here. The logic of *WHY* this was done this way eludes me, but that's how it is.

LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 27, 18:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason why being pregnant with youself results in an opposite gendered baby is probably because the game, when creating a Sim, creates a version for both genders, as I understand.  So, in this situation, the game is just using the leftover version of the original Sim.  That's a theory, anyway.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 27, 18:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's nonsense. It's not using your original sim for anything at all, other than the genetics contribution: If your sim has recessive traits, you may not even get a true clone. As far as I can tell, it's completely arbitrary and hamfisted, much like the way the Make Character primitive forcibly ignores the gender-control argument, for no really obvious reason.

LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 27, 19:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't figure I was right about the baby thing, but the game does create both genders for any given Sim.  But, whatever.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 27, 19:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what you mean by "it creates both genders for any given sim". The expression of a facial form based on the genetic factors is an algorithm. I don't recall seeing the game generating unused resources for a sim in such a manner that the generated head is stored for both. However, you can flip a sim's gender, causing it to re-process its face in CAS, if you want, but this is an algorithmic procedure.

LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 27, 21:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I read somewhere that when the game creates a Sim, each age group for each gender is created.  I wish I could find where I read that (it was when the game first came out).  Maybe I'll find it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 27, 21:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that's nonsense. Otherwise you'd be able to plan a sim's entire outfit for all ages right there during CAS. But you can't. The faces are procedurally generated.

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 27, 22:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm. Ok I guess that makes sense (in a Maxian way anyway).  The sim I was trying to clone was a CAS sim, so if I impregnate one of her (clone) sons the same way, I would end up with a clone of her right? This is what I was trying to do in the first place, she was getting old and has like 11 kids now, but she was (in my opinion) the best looking sim I ever made, and I don't have the original in body shop anymore.  The only DNA they have is hers, no recessive genes.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 27, 22:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you export her into body-shop and age her backward? You know, make an adult out of her in there? I thought that was possible. Of-course, someone more versed with SimPe might be able to tell you how to do that in the program (SimPe) itself.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 27, 23:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can export existing sims into bodyshop?  I asked about that before (somewhere else) and we couldn't figure out how to do that.  At any rate, my computer doesn't seem to want to open bodyshop anymore.  That is an entirely different problem I have LOL...anyone have any idea how to fix it without reinstall?

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 27, 23:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what you mean by "it creates both genders for any given sim". The expression of a facial form based on the genetic factors is an algorithm. I don't recall seeing the game generating unused resources for a sim in such a manner that the generated head is stored for both. However, you can flip a sim's gender, causing it to re-process its face in CAS, if you want, but this is an algorithmic procedure.

So if I took one of the boy-clones, and changed it's gender in SimPE, it would make it a girl?  I thought about this but was scared to do it.  Will it mess anything up if I do?  Or do you mean just in CAS?

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 27, 23:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can export existing sims into bodyshop?  I asked about that before (somewhere else) and we couldn't figure out how to do that.  At any rate, my computer doesn't seem to want to open bodyshop anymore.  That is an entirely different problem I have LOL...anyone have any idea how to fix it without reinstall?

Exporting via SimPe is quite easy. Open the neighborhood, then open SimSurgery. Select the sim you want to export and plop her/him into the top part of the surgery window by clicking "use". Then just click on "export" and you sim should be in CAS (and in the BodyShop).

I have issues with the stupid bodyshop myself. Everytime I want to use it, I have to take my SavedSims folder out of the MyDocuments/EAGames/etc/etc. and put in on my Desktop. I then create a new, empty, SavedSims folder in the EAGames-folder. Only then does BodyShop open up. I then proceed to take the newly created sims out of the newly created folder and putting them with the others into the folder on my Desktop. I delete the now empty folder, and move the one from my Desktop back into the game. A long and boring proceedure, I know. I'm sure there are shorter ones, but I'm kind of paranoid about the whole game and figure, better safe than sorry, no?

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 July 27, 23:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

darn it, thought that might work but I tried it and it still won't open.  Thanks for the suggestion though Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: