More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:32:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  No Visitor route back to mailbox
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Visitor route back to mailbox  (Read 13476 times)
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
No Visitor route back to mailbox
« on: 2009 April 30, 19:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tested with TS2AL

Annoyance Fix

Visitors don't walk all the way back to the mailbox or wander about after ringing the doorbell.  They also idle for a bit longer between ringings. This is especially useful with multi-story apartments because obviously you don't want your Sim to trail all the way down to the ground floor only to find their visitor has started making their way back up.  Gah!

Conflicts

greetwointeract - Non-outgoing visitors could skip knocking the door and barge in.  Had to leave this one disabled for testing, may be okay now.  No conflict, whatever it is happens either because of another hack or some AL oddity, something that messes with the personality test.

* No Visitor route back to mailbox.zip (1.42 KB - downloaded 662 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 May 01, 21:59:41 by Marvin Kosh » Logged

Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: No Visitor route back to mailbox
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 01, 06:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you good in Route Fails?
Can you fix the stupid route when a sim visiting the tenant's household grabs a plate and leaves the flat and goes to his own on to eat.
make them use the nearest table, not the own.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 01, 07:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That change was imposed by one of the patches at the Primitive level, so it is not visible to BHAVs. It is theoretically possible to change it, but only by a full brute-force bypass-and-rewrite of the entire Find Best Object routines.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 01, 11:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Otherwise, sims will never have a meal visiting the nieghbour's appartment. Huh
This is very frustrating. Sad
Please fix it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 01, 11:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Otherwise, sims will never have a meal visiting the nieghbour's appartment. Huh
This is very frustrating. Sad
Please fix it.
They can if the meal is served onto the table first and they eat it after sitting down in the correct seat. It's more natural to drag your kill back to your lair to eat it, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 01, 12:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, why do you want filthy townies coming into your apartment and eating all your sims' food, food which they had to work to purchase, grow, harvest, etc?  Did these townies ever once help procure this bounty which your sims seem so keen to give them?

This seems very wasteful.

Tribulatio proxima est
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 01, 22:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen NPC residents head back into their own apartment to eat a grabbed plate.  But then it's not often that I actually let them in anyway, it can be a pain just coaxing them to be sociable.

Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 02, 05:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if my sim have a lot of influence he/she can make a host(ess) to serve a meal.
But.oops.. I have a mod (my own) that prevents sims from serving tables with plates. I guess this is the clue of my problem.
But serving tables and islands is so vexing to me. Roll Eyes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 02, 08:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not about the OTHER sims eating at YOURS. They do THAT fine. The poster in question was talking about the ability of YOUR sims to mooch off of them.

Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 02, 15:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see how that would be annoying.  The only thing I can suggest there is to make sure there's always enough seats and table positions (or bar space and stools) so that NPCs serving food will always put an empty platter back on the counter.  This means that a) your Sim should have a better chance at mooching some food and b) your Sim can't do Grab a Plate, autonomously or otherwise.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 04, 20:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What annoys me about food serving in apartments is when my sims' apartment is really small and only has room for one free counter; sim prepares food, and puts the platter on the only available counter; another (controllable) sim grabs a plate without my permission, so I cancel the interaction; instead of putting the plate down on a table, the second sim has to go find a counter on the other side of the apartment complex to deposit the plate on.  I know I should probably just find a way to put in more counters, or manage my sims better, or simply remember not to cancel that particular action, but it's still really annoying.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 05, 04:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

APO can resolve that by disallowing sims carrying objects to enter or leave a room, thus forcing them to pick something in the room.

dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 07, 04:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but then what will happen when they can't find something in that room or all objects are in-use? They won't go to the next room looking for something to use?
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 08, 07:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually if Sims are carrying something and can't put it on a preferred surface, they will dump it on the floor.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 May 11, 19:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you good in Route Fails?
Can you fix the stupid route when a sim visiting the tenant's household grabs a plate and leaves the flat and goes to his own on to eat.
make them use the nearest table, not the own.

There is a fix for this on MTS2:

http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=329440&c=1

It is fully updated. I don't know if it works, but you could try it. I am going to tonight.

Edit: From what I have tried, it works.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 12, 01:13:37 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 May 12, 14:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you the creator pm'ed me about fulfilling my request.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: