More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:11:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  hotel maid stuck in bathroom
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: hotel maid stuck in bathroom  (Read 3646 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
hotel maid stuck in bathroom
« on: 2009 April 25, 06:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sorry but I am back again.  I sent Mortimor and his girlfriend on vacation and the maid got stuck in the bathroom.  I couldn't shoo her or react with her in any kind of way.
  Well, they were both filthy because they had been looking for bugs and she would not get out of the way and they could not take a bath.   I used the boolprop cheats on her and I tried to kill her or move her or something but you know in the BV lots there is no build mode while a sim is there and no hand to pick her up.  I finally just sent them both home.

I have your vacation fixes and two from SW to fix the maid and bellhop and I never had any trouble before.  Is there some other fix to get to keep the maid from getting stuck or you think it is a hack I have?    I wanted to kill that maid really bad.   Cheesy

oh yeah and something else weird happened while I was in debug mode trying to get rid of that maid,  a moneywell computer came up and said something about what kind of lot I was on and I don't have any hacked computers except for the one that the man used to bring.  It was really weird. 
« Last Edit: 2009 April 25, 07:02:53 by LynnMar » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: hotel maid stuck in bathroom
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 25, 07:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled" cheat to reenable buy mode. From there, you can move or delete any stuck sim or object.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 25, 14:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh yeah and something else weird happened while I was in debug mode trying to get rid of that maid,  a moneywell computer came up and said something about what kind of lot I was on and I don't have any hacked computers except for the one that the man used to bring.  It was really weird. 

It is entirely possible that you DO have a hacked computer (if that is what this is) - it may have snuck in with a downloaded lot.  I got an invisible trash can that way and have never yet been able to locate the CC file and zorch it.  You could try a hack conflict detection and see if a CC computer is listed.  Hey, that's a good idea!  I'm going to try that for the stupid trashcan and see if I can find it that way.  I'm glad I actually did think of that.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 25, 14:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just destroy anything with one of those stupid numberstring names.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 25, 14:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks Pesci,  I didn't even think of the dorm specific tools because I thought it only worked in University.   That is way cool.   Kiss

What do you mean by long string files.   Do you mean files that have a lot of numbers and no name.   I ran the Hack Conflict and nothing came up in there that would conflict with anything else in there,  but I will do a search for anything that says moneywell or computer.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 25, 14:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of long numbered files... my game seems to generate a ton of them into my downloads folder everytime after I load. What are those? I deleted them and nothing happens but they do come back constantly. I don't even know how it does that because I set the folder to read only :/
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 26, 00:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have stuff in your Teleport folder?  Sometimes lots or CC, which you may have used the TS2 installer on, get stuck in there.  They later try to install themselves into your Downloads folder.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: