More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:06:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Store edition and missing objects
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Store edition and missing objects  (Read 3931 times)
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Store edition and missing objects
« on: 2009 April 23, 20:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having issues with the store stuff since installing that stupid store edition. Everything just disappeared.
I have been able to get most of it to show up again, except, the cubic and deco dining chairs, and most of the Asian fusion set.
The bed, dressers, end tables, tv and 2 of the lamps from asian fusion show up but not the rest of the stuff.
I have reloaded all the items with my files, and then I went through the threads here and got the files that others had linked to try those and still can not get these to work.
I even bought the 2 dining chairs over again, and they still don't show up.
Can anyone suggest what else I should try?

I have all EP's/Sp's and the store edition installed.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Store edition and missing objects
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 23, 23:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have two options:

1) Deinstall the store edition, bzorch secuROM, shred the old object files, redownload the fixed store edition objects from here.

2) Complain with EA and ask for your money back because their product is defective.

I would  suggest opt. #1, but it's up to you Wink.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 23, 23:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I already tried uninstalling the store edition, but then my saved game, neighborhoods and all disappeared. It was an empty game not even the pre-made hoods and when I tried to load my backed up game it would not work. So I had to reinstall the store edition just to get my game back.

I guess I will just keep trying different files and hopefully they will work eventually like the other sets did.

edit: after trying  ton of different files again, I found the solution, I deleted the store edition folder from the c:/documents/ea games folder and then everything showed up again.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 24, 01:03:05 by mistyk » Logged

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 24, 13:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have made the right decision.  Pass.  Make sure you bzorch secuROM to ensure you don't have future problems.

I believe in Marhis' post, option 2 was really just presented as a joke.  It's like a fake or novelty switch.  You can flip it, but it doesn't really accomplish anything.  Well, it accomplishes making the rest of MATY laugh at you.  Okay, it's more like a badly labelled switch.  You flip it and the result is entirely different than what you hoped.

Tribulatio proxima est
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 27, 09:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs so that isn't an issue, but I do have a store stuff question.  All the store stuff items that I found were through useful links provided by the good people on this site.  I was having some weirdness in my game, and had noticed that it was recommended several times in various places to use Hack Conflict Utility.  I ran that program and it found possible conflicts with much of my store stuff items.  I know the store stuff items haven't caused my weirdness, because that was going on from before.  But would the store stuff items cause a conflict? or is this a false positive on the scan?

May all your fears & worries come true.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 27, 11:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Store objects have their own group, so HCDU thinks they are global hacks. You can safely ignore them.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: