More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 06:17:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Semi-Inexplicable Sudden Death (and other disease questions)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Semi-Inexplicable Sudden Death (and other disease questions)  (Read 3217 times)
Tatterdemalion
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Semi-Inexplicable Sudden Death (and other disease questions)
« on: 2009 May 03, 02:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I tend to fiddle around with the Make-Me-Sick tester a bunch. Because it is fun to make sims infect each other.  I just like epidemiology simulators, mainly. 

But I have an odd problem that's come up twice.  My sims keep dying of colds!  Aren't those supposed to be non-lethal?  Isn't the "recovered on another lot" bug supposed to be gone?

It's happened three times in my game - one time with the base game only, so I gathered that was probably "recovered on another lot."  This time sim in question this time had a low energy score, but not passing-out low, and generally high motives, and had had a cold for less than a day, and as she was giving a dormie a haircut, "expire" came up on her to-do list and the grim reaper showed up.   I have expansions up through Pets, and a bunch of hacks but none that have to do with illness.  And yes, I have read the whole Plague Thread.  (Have lurked here a while, just never bothered to participate.)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Semi-Inexplicable Sudden Death (and other disease questions)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 03, 02:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the Lot Debugger's "Show Plague Info" on any sim that is doing that, and it will show how their plague status is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tatterdemalion
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 03, 04:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm still troubled by one point, though: according to all the material I can find, colds aren't supposed to kill outright when the plague meter fills up, they're supposed to turn into pneumonia... Maybe I missed a "your sim has pneumonia" announcement, but I don't think I would have done that more than once.  Maybe the "your sim has pneumonia" announcement just doesn't show up correctly?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 03, 23:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe there is any such notification. It's not really an issue I pay attention to given that the conditions for such a thing are basically impossible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: