More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:43:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness  (Read 65726 times)
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness
« Reply #100 on: 2009 April 14, 01:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see ... I've played the Ottomases (or Ottomi? Can someone confirm which it is?) in three neighborhoods.

(Yes, I've read the whole post.)

Subject:  Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness

Need I say more?   

It would be helpful, if you'd actually like to go for it.

I don't know how the title does anything for Ottomases vs. Ottomi. "Ottomas family" is a method of avoiding the predicament but that's not what I was looking for, if you noticed.

As I've stated, I've read the whole post. So I know that some people have problems that they'd like resolved. I don't know if they are having the same issues I am. Sometimes people have issues (i.e. autism) that get in the way of proper cognition when things aren't stated in a certain way.

I asked a question. I'd like an answer. You have absolutely no obligation to give an answer to my question, which you seem to be well aware of, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like an answer.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 April 14, 01:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how the title does anything for Ottomases vs. Ottomi. "Ottomas family" is a method of avoiding the predicament but that's not what I was looking for, if you noticed.

As I've stated, I've read the whole post. So I know that some people have problems that they'd like resolved. I don't know if they are having the same issues I am. Sometimes people have issues (i.e. autism) that get in the way of proper cognition when things aren't stated in a certain way.

I asked a question. I'd like an answer. You have absolutely no obligation to give an answer to my question, which you seem to be well aware of, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like an answer.

Are you autistic? Do you have a special sister, by any chance?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 April 14, 02:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see ... I've played the Ottomases (or Ottomi? Can someone confirm which it is?) in three neighborhoods.

(Yes, I've read the whole post.)

Subject:  Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness

Need I say more?   

It seems logical to me that it would be "Ottomases" but ok, you're ready to do the whole autism thing. By the way, regardless if you were looking for the correct way of typing it... I'm still unconvinced that you "read the whole post" because if you had, you'd find the answers to your questions in it. Though it's quite possible you "read the whole post" and not the "whole thread" which is how that's said. You're excused though. Autism card, let me show you it.
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 April 15, 20:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you autistic?

There hasn't been any true diagnosis, but I've been told by some people that I seemed like I could be, and I've also read things for myself and I believe those people could be right.

Do you have a special sister, by any chance?

No. I'm afraid I don't even know what a special sister is  Undecided PM me if you'd like to explain because this thread is off-track enough as it is.

It seems logical to me that it would be "Ottomases"

I don't know what the rule is. I think most of the words in English with plurals ending in "-i" are either Latin or Greek, and I don't even know what the etymology of "Ottomas" is. I thought I saw someone use "Ottomi" in another thread, perhaps another forum, even. The truth is, I guess I really don't care and it doesn't make any difference to me, so I'm sorry if I gave you grief with it.

By the way, regardless if you were looking for the correct way of typing it... I'm still unconvinced that you "read the whole post" because if you had, you'd find the answers to your questions in it. Though it's quite possible you "read the whole post" and not the "whole thread" which is how that's said. You're excused though.

"Whole post" is painfully ambiguous, so if you'd assumed I meant "whole thread" you were correct.

I've been under quite a bit of stress lately (read the thread I started not long ago) and so that's been just throwing me off altogether. I'll reread the whole thread and if I still don't get after that, we can talk about it then.

(Thank you, BTW, for the correction)

but ok, you're ready to do the whole autism thing. ... Autism card, let me show you it.

That whole rant was my gross overreaction to what you said, which wasn't mean in the slightest and didn't warrant that kind of response. I am rather volatile, especially when I feel even slightly insulted, whether as a part of the autism or not.

As I said I'll reread the thread. My apologies for my words before.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 April 15, 22:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have patched Seasons by now, all of the hacks here, and most of everyone else's hacks, assume that you are patched and up to date. In the hood in which you haven't played the Ottomas family, the patch will fix them and you will be fine.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 April 15, 23:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have patched Seasons by now, all of the hacks here, and most of everyone else's hacks, assume that you are patched and up to date. In the hood in which you haven't played the Ottomas family, the patch will fix them and you will be fine.

Is there a way to check if I've patched? I think I patched for Seasons and I will do so for the rest, I don't know why I didn't earlier.

If I have indeed patched I know it was before playing the Ottomas family of scenario #3, after playing scenario #1, and who-knows-when in relations to scenario #2. Ihave played all the Ottomas families mentioned, sorry if that wasn't clear.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 April 16, 00:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- I put them down in a third nhood but the twins haven't been born there.

I can't remember if the parent is listed on conception or at birth...

Just try to patch, it won't let you if you have already, it will also stop if it hits a no-cd.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 April 16, 00:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the tricks I use is that I don't even overwrite the original executable. I just plop the noCD executable in as SimsEPx.NoCD.exe, and aim my shortcuts there instead, seeing as you have to edit it anyway to ditch the launcher. Then you don't jam any patch processes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 April 17, 20:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All patched, but I have one question: Does Deluxe come with the NL and/or Uni patches? It told me I don't have NL, and Uni was  the only one I got a "U NEED THE CD" message for, and I don't have the CD on hand.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 April 18, 17:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All patched, but I have one question: Does Deluxe come with the NL and/or Uni patches? It told me I don't have NL, and Uni was  the only one I got a "U NEED THE CD" message for, and I don't have the CD on hand.

I do know that the 'Specially packed' games are odd.  I have the Sims2 Holiday Edition for my base game and every time I re-install, my Univ EP always comes up as patched, even tho all the rest of the EP's patch just fine.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 April 18, 17:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is that EA included the patch for Uni, then, even for those who don't have it. Deluxe might have the patch for NL, and according to the page for that patch, the fixes for Uni are included as well.

I haven't had problems with any of the fixes listed on the Uni patch page so I think this is rather likely.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: