More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:42:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Creature Fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creature Fixes  (Read 207801 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Creature Fixes
« on: 2005 November 16, 11:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixes for all of the supernatural and assorted creatures from the base game to AL.

creaturefixes.zip

Also Recommended:
Don't Wave At Me!

Creature Fixes (v2.0b) for TS2NLp0 - TS2AL
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Jelenedra, The New "Gay"
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted
Fat Gwilly People
Witchy Poofs

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FIXES:
1. Some issues related to BLEH!!!, GRR!!, and peeking into coffins which do not
   properly update certain attributes.
2. Eliminates random biting of NPCs.
3. Skin coloration and layering fixes (including alien eyes).
4. Becoming a werewolf no longer produces memories of windows, shrubs, trees,
   and other assorted random crap.
5. BV Vampires no longer roll want to be a vampire (while already a vampire)
   after someone else becomes a vampire. Similar issues fixed for werewolves.
6. Evil Witch scalp no longer discolored.
7. Good Witch scalp no longer always S1.
8. Witches do not become bald on alignment change if forced-uniform is off.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested with TS2NLp1+.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Edited by the moderator to fix the link and include the base game as one of the "expansions" fixed.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 03, 01:21:29 by BastDawn » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Creature Fixes
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 02, 16:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bumping to update and announce that this new hack supercedes previously existing "vampwerefixes" as it includes fixes for all of the creatures up to and including witches.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 02, 16:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the link to the dl broke or am I?

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 02, 16:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Internets slow. Patience while file uploads.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 02, 22:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, the link is broke  Wink

It points to a creature.zip not creaturefixes.zip and you get a "404 - Not Found" error

I grabbed it from the directory a while ago but some silly people might still be waiting for your broken link to work *laughs*
riggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 02, 22:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that explains it!

I figured there must be at least a T-1 straight to the bunker. ...
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 19, 00:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me nosy, but what exactly was wrong with the layering/skin coloration/alien eyes so that they needed fixing?

Now asbestos-free.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 19, 01:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The black Alien eyes do not appear on teens at all and can only appear in combination with the alien skin: Other sims end up with the eyes painted on the skin texture, which can be really awful.

Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 26, 17:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*raises hand* Is it possible to fix the layering on the witch overlay too please? The lipstick doesn't show on the evil witches Angry

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 07, 05:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't suppose that when you fixed the good witch scalp overlay (or lack thereof...stupid EAxis shortcuts), you gave it a texture to look for?

If so, what's the texture?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 07, 06:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't suppose that when you fixed the good witch scalp overlay (or lack thereof...stupid EAxis shortcuts), you gave it a texture to look for?
There isn't actually supposed to be one, so simply eliminated that portion so that it does not apply a scalp discoloration.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 07, 13:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't actually supposed to be one, so simply eliminated that portion so that it does not apply a scalp discoloration.

I was afraid of that.  How would I go about giving it one?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 07, 15:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is the vamp overlay supposed to go over makeup? Or is it an issue with the particular custom make up and vamp overlay I am using? Dark Lala in my game cannot have her dark lipstick because the laverwinkle overlay I use is making them all gray.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 07, 22:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's an effect of your particular custom makeup. Works fine in Awesomeland.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 07, 22:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suck. I don't know anything about CC makeup. I guess I won't be able to edit them SimPE.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 19, 13:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the dog memories for werewolves! It is really funny, because they think they're dogs!

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 19, 13:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? What dog memories?

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 19, 18:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "assorted random crap" in this fix. It was most likely done deliberately for that touch of comedy The Sims used to have before EA took The Sims off Maxis' hands. I know EA did this after OFB, but the team was probably already working on it beforehand. So could you make a version with the memories?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 19, 20:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it wasn't. It was caused by incorrectly passing an object ID where an NID was expected or vice versa. It is a clearly technical glitch and not an "Easter Egg" feature. It is not "dog memories": There is no attempt to do anything cute, it is simply a programming error.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 19, 22:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then my question is why are those memories in the game? I am not challenging your knowledge, just wondering why.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 20, 17:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The memories are in the game but are not supposed to display random gibberish. This fix makes it so they display the correct memory subjects and not random objects that happen to coincidentally share the subject's NID.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 October 14, 05:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's related to the hack.

I do not have creaturefixes in my game, because I don't want it to conflict with Jfade's biting control hack.  (I am a control freak and don't want anyone to bite anyone unless I say so.)  This evening I had a sim turn another sim into a werewolf and the new werewolf got a memory of a different sim turning him into a werewolf.

I'm assuming this is the being turned into a werewolf resulting in memories of random crap glitch.  I can't fix it with SimPE (playing with a Mac, no Sim PE available.) My  questions are:

1) is this harmful, or merely annoying?
2) (and I realize this is related to non-Awesomeware)--if I place creaturefixes in, do I have to take No Biting At All out?
3) If I put creaturefixes in, would it fix the memory problem, or is the damage already done?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 October 14, 16:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want your anti-biting, you should make it load last so it will override the biting functions, which aren't core components of creaturefixes, so can be overridden with new behavior without breaking anything.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 October 14, 17:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've re-named anti-biting with an "x" and it seems to be one of the older files, so whether it loads by date or name seems to be ok.

With "creature fixes" in, my most recent werewolf still has a memory of the wrong sim turning him into a werewolf, though.  Is that game-frying?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 October 15, 00:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the code containing the memory generation is inside one of the overridden BHAVs, then you will have to bug the person whose code is still bugged.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: