More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:12:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Recoloring BV jewelery....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Recoloring BV jewelery....  (Read 4411 times)
simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Recoloring BV jewelery....
« on: 2009 May 01, 06:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there's a way to recolor and/or convert the maxis BV jewelry (like making the stuff in the misc. category for teens) since it doesn't show up in BS? I've asked around on other forums but no one has ever given me a response, so I was hoping someone more awesome than me could help me out. Thanks in advance!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Recoloring BV jewelery....
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 01, 07:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. You get to do it manually. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 01, 09:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing that will require using SimPE? and if so, how?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 04, 10:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 04, 22:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at MTS2 for tutorials on making default replacements. I toyed around with it awhile ago but lacked the motivation.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 05, 06:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making adult jewelry available to teens would probably mean resizing the mesh.  I imagine that's a lot more work than you wanted to do.

So far as just recoloring, is there any simple way to move things from the jewelry category to the "glasses" category?  Then it would be simple to recolor them.  I know jfade was moving things from the glasses category to the jewelry category, so it should be possible to go the other way.
simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 05, 17:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I supposed I could give it a go....gotta find the files for the jewelry first (Haven't been able to find them yet). And as for converting, I've done some mesh conversions before.

EDIT: Ok, I got them recatagorized, but I think I broke something in the process. This is what I get when I get to the AF earrings. Any ideas? I didn't do anything with the mesh, just extracted the XML data & changed it from jewelery to accessory, so I have no clue what might be causing this. Also, don't know if this makes a difference, but I got the XML data for these earrings from the FT Jewelry.package.

« Last Edit: 2009 May 10, 03:27:32 by simaddict » Logged
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 17, 22:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I got the same when I had an earring mesh without any corresponding texture.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: