More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:50:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Phone Hack v8.3
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone Hack v8.3  (Read 300079 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Phone Hack v8.3
« Reply #100 on: 2014 October 17, 13:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you have a version detection failure, causing the townie check to be skipped. What stuff/expansions did you install? I recall that if you install certain stuffpacks and fail to install certain expansions, things can go wrong, but I forget the exact combination which produces this behavior offhand.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kansas
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2014 October 17, 15:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What stuff/expansions did you install?
I'm using the Ultimate Collection, so I don't think it has anything to do with missing an EP or SP.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2014 October 18, 05:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's VERY unusal that you cannot call a service NPC, since the service NPC "has phone" check is unconditional and does not depend on game edition checks, as service NPCs and their associated constant fambly ID existed in all editions of the game, and is the first check performed. Are you sure you're installed correctly, and that you're actually calling a service NPC, and not perhaps an evil data corruption clone?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kansas
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2014 October 18, 06:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's VERY unusal that you cannot call a service NPC, since the service NPC "has phone" check is unconditional and does not depend on game edition checks, as service NPCs and their associated constant fambly ID existed in all editions of the game, and is the first check performed. Are you sure you're installed correctly, and that you're actually calling a service NPC, and not perhaps an evil data corruption clone?
I'm calling the maid for some hankey pankey, not using the "service" category on the phone. Sorry if I was unclear on that part. Basically I want to call them over for a visit, not in order for them to clean my house. I first realized this with the maid, and the problem seems to go away when I remove this mod. It also happens when this is the only mod I have installed.

I've also tried calling townies, gardening members, social group members, etc, and they never have a phone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2014 October 19, 02:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understood that, yes. Not sure what is causing this, though. Force an error on a random object and attach the log so I can see the game dump values. It's odd that you are the first to report this, ever.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: