More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:42:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Phone Hack v8.3
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone Hack v8.3  (Read 300078 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Phone Hack v8.3
« Reply #50 on: 2008 November 04, 15:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count Four-is there anything in CEP extra that could affect phones? If so, try moving the phones.package to desktop and trying again.

simokon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 November 06, 01:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FWIW, I updated my director's cut the other day and ran into the exact same issue (nothing on the menu but Set Ringer).  The 11/04/08 version seems to have fixed it.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 November 09, 19:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest phone hack seems to be causing a problem with being able to call neighbors living on the same lot. With the hack in, the neighbors don't show up in the phone book to call, even if my sims know them. After I took the hack out, it seems to be working fine.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 November 09, 22:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Phone Book generation routines are not altered, so the Phone Hack is not specifically the cause of this: It is most likely coincidence, depending on the "active state" of the neighbor sims. If the neighbors are on walkabout, they cannot be called, but if they are in their rabbit holes, they can be called, and your yanking process simply caught them at the right time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 November 10, 06:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You were right: I tested the exactly same situation both with and without the hack, and this time the neighbor did show up in the phone book. So, it was just coincidence earlier.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 November 10, 06:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, as apartment neighbors are "live", they will randomly roam about, and when they are "active", you cannot call them. Only when they disappear into their rabbit holes and completely shutdown can they be called. From the perspective of an IgnorantBliss trying to dial them, they will appear to randomly disappear from your phonebook, as they can be "active", yet not visible anywhere you can see.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 November 11, 05:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inability to call sims has sometimes been my only warning that they were trapped in a shallow basement where I could not see them. 

Dutchessaxel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 December 11, 06:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine isn't working... At ALL. Like, my phone isn't selectable, even in a new neighbourhood. And whenever it rings, my sims just seem to jump about, plumbbob disappearing and appearing.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 December 11, 06:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You most likely have conflicting hacks. Read:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.0.html

The technical support section will tell you how to track down your problem. Pay special attention to the box at the bottom of the section titled "binary search".

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Dutchessaxel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 December 13, 21:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That shouldn't happen, because I've used these same hacks with the phone hacks many times before. (All the same sex hacks)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 December 16, 02:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While it's unlikely that TJ's same sex mods would suddenly conflict with the phone hack, you should still apply the basic debugging techniques in case you have a hack in game that you've missed, or various other possibilities.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
chaisipper
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 December 31, 00:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently had the same situation with the jump bug and Simmies unable to make calls at all (they begin dialing and jump out).  I've diligently removed all hacks to isolate the problem... Unfortunately, removing the phone hack seemed to be the only solution at the moment.  I'm still searching because it was running flawlessly until a week ago.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 December 31, 01:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently had the same situation with the jump bug and Simmies unable to make calls at all (they begin dialing and jump out).  I've diligently removed all hacks to isolate the problem... Unfortunately, removing the phone hack seemed to be the only solution at the moment.  I'm still searching because it was running flawlessly until a week ago.
So: what did you download, install, or change one week ago?
chaisipper
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 January 01, 01:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So: what did you download, install, or change one week ago?

I'm going through the weeding out of files now.  Haven't yet found a culprit.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 January 03, 13:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I just reinstalled the whole game and expansions after a long while, and only added CEP, MATY Apartment hacks (zip), and a few default skintones. The phone hack makes my sim jump whenever there is a phone on the lot, when I just wave my mouse over the phone, the sim jumps. I took out the phone hack and all's fine. But I really do want it back, and I don't have any non-awesome hacks.

And resetting the sim with testing cheats doesn't stop the problem. I tried this on the default neighborhood of Apartment life, in different lots with the same sim and weeded out all the hacks. The culprit does seem to be the phone hack. Logs attached, I hope it's fixable Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 January 03, 14:47:18 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 January 03, 13:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... only added CEP, MATY Apartment hacks (zip), and a few default skintones.

Have you tried removing CEP-EXTRA_Phones.package from the My Documents\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA folder? I've read before that it can cause errors.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 January 03, 14:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem to have an unusual install profile. Try the new version.

blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 January 06, 11:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

new version of the phone hack? Or CEP?
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 January 06, 12:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@blubug. Both. Probably.

@Roux, where & when did you read that?
If you're talking about this cosmetic bug from an August post, then I'd guess that the latest CEP9.1 from November must have fixed that.  Works fine now for me.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 January 06, 15:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Roux, where & when did you read that?
If you're talking about this cosmetic bug from an August post, then I'd guess that the latest CEP9.1 from November must have fixed that.  Works fine now for me.

It was just something I remembered reading somewhere along the way. I don't use that particular file, since I don't bother with phone recolors, but it's good to know it's sorted out.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 January 06, 15:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the latest official CEP package and the OFB +p2 phone hack, and I took out the CEP-extra phones package out of the cep extas folder and put it on my desktop, all works fine now. I have the phone hack back in my game.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 January 16, 20:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woo, I think I blew it up!

I put TS2 in on a new computer and after moving all my hacks over, I discovered that I had the phone hack, talk module, and also autoyak installed all together, which i THINK is not supposed to happen...

Anyway, calling the landlord works, but anytime I try to have my sims call another sim, they dial and then jump away from the phone and the phone hangs itself back up.  Any idea what this might be conflicting with?  Aside from MATY hacks, I also have InSIM installed, but it still happens when I take InSIM out.  Hints, tips, mockery?

Never mind!  It helps if one reads the entire thread, I suppose... I downloaded the new version of the hack and installed it, and everything works fine.  Mock away!   Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: 2009 January 16, 20:21:22 by Rainne » Logged

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 January 25, 05:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tonight I spun up the game after not playing for a bit. I sent 3 sims through college and each of them, after graduating, has been receiving almost constant phone spam (str > 95 ltr > 80) from their ex-professors. Mind you, these are the first sims I have graduated since installing AL.  I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?  Latest awesomeware phone hack installed all awesome mods updated and game(s) patched.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
plaidisrad
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 February 03, 02:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have a tiny question.. might be a stupid one but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I have all the expansions minus OFB (and AL but I don't think that's too important) so I downloaded the NL one. I figured that it would work alright since I have no OFB but I had only one problem with it.

Everything worked out great except for calling other sims. I could call a service and emergency but no calling sims, throwing parties, etc.. Like others have said in the thread, they just hung up. This happened any time I tried to call a sim.

I only have this one phone hack. Now, my question is, should I download the OFB files even though I don't have OFB? I really loved this hack Sad

Thanks in advance for any help. Smiley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 February 03, 03:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have a tiny question.. might be a stupid one but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I have all the expansions minus OFB (and AL but I don't think that's too important) so I downloaded the NL one. I figured that it would work alright since I have no OFB but I had only one problem with it.

Everything worked out great except for calling other sims. I could call a service and emergency but no calling sims, throwing parties, etc.. Like others have said in the thread, they just hung up. This happened any time I tried to call a sim.

I only have this one phone hack. Now, my question is, should I download the OFB files even though I don't have OFB? I really loved this hack Sad

Thanks in advance for any help. Smiley

Your latest EP would be Free Time.  You should be using the Free Time version.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: