More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:01:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Clean and fixed Uber-Megahood! OUTDATED!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clean and fixed Uber-Megahood! OUTDATED!  (Read 136983 times)
nickyb
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Clean and fixed Uber-Megahood! FINISHED!
« Reply #175 on: 2009 December 26, 05:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ohh! and one more thing.. can you have two mega-hoods installed at once? like i see that this one by mixreality uses Pleasantview as the main hood and the one I just downloaded from Tarlia uses Belladonna cove as the main hood.. I would like to have both Smiley I just want to make sure my game wont turn into a BFBVFS Smiley

thanks Tarlia for all of your hard work! What a great Christmas present Smiley
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 December 26, 08:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very well done.

One question, is there anyway for me to import the townies and npcs of Strangetown and Veronaville into this hood?  I'm ocd and really feel the need to have every maxis created character in my game.  Insane? Ya, that's me.

If you know how to use SimPE, you can use the regular templates and clone all the townies from it, recreate them in the 'hood in CAS and make them into townies with Inge's teleport cat or similar. There's many tutorials out there on how to do this. I'm not sure if you can do the same with the various NPCs, though. I don't know how to set them to be functioning maids, mailmen, etc, but I'm sure it can be done. Try digging through the threads here or on MTS2.

You could try SleepyCat's cleaned and packaged Maxis-made families:
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=1472&pid=15872&st=0&#entry15872

I think those are only the playables, not the townies and NPCs?

I'm downloading your version right now Smiley I just had a quick question.. in your uberhood can you use other skins? for example, using christianlovs skin changer? and have the skins stay once you exit the game and return (with saving of course) I know that this hood that I downloaded from this post wouldnt for some reason let you keep the skins that you change. Smiley

Hm, I haven't tested it, but my merged neighbourhood shouldn't work any different from any other neighbourhood, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've gotten the question about the multiple PT hack and whether it works properly too, though, since that seemed to be a problem as well in this/HP's neighbourhood (Mixreality's 'hood is a cleaned version of HP's hood). Perhaps HP did something funny when she merged hers? Try it out and let me know if you have any problems.

Edit: I tested and confirmed that multiple-PT hacks work as they should. I've never used the skin changer, but like I said, if there's any problems, let me know.

ohh! and one more thing.. can you have two mega-hoods installed at once? like i see that this one by mixreality uses Pleasantview as the main hood and the one I just downloaded from Tarlia uses Belladonna cove as the main hood.. I would like to have both Smiley I just want to make sure my game wont turn into a BFBVFS Smiley

thanks Tarlia for all of your hard work! What a great Christmas present Smiley

I'm not sure about this one, I know for a fact it's bad to have two of the same neighbourhood in at the same time (such as Pleasantview + a megahood Pleasantview), but I'm not sure if the merged subhoods will cause the same problem. To be on the safe side you should probably only have one in your game at the same time, but there's nothing stopping you from moving one out of the Neighbourhoods folder before you start the game, and then just switch them when you want to play the other one.

You're welcome, hope you'll enjoy. Smiley

(PS: Edit your posts instead of double posting.)
« Last Edit: 2009 December 26, 09:21:50 by Tarlia » Logged
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 December 26, 21:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the tut, gracias.
nickyb
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 December 26, 21:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Tarlia for getting back to me so quickly Grin and next time I'll make sure to edit my posts Wink I just actually got into writing in the forums.. before I used to just read everyone's posts so thanks for the tip since I'm new at this Smiley
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2010 January 13, 19:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sort of added the vacation destinations without rereading this thread first.  Undecided  If I'm understanding correctly, I made a mistake because doing this may have caused broken memories?  Who gets the broken memories, and is there a way to fix them?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2010 January 13, 20:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sort of added the vacation destinations without rereading this thread first.  Undecided  If I'm understanding correctly, I made a mistake because doing this may have caused broken memories?  Who gets the broken memories, and is there a way to fix them?

Oh, no worries, there's no sims in the vacation destinations (except locals, if you didn't use clean templates). The broken memories only happen when you add subhoods with playable sims in them, and then only for those playables. Smiley It's also not harmful or anything, just irritating if you care to have completely clean and correct memories.
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2010 January 13, 20:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great news. Phew!
AzemOcram
Retardo Lander

(perpetual) Virgin and Practicing Cocksucker

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2010 January 14, 03:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is even better than what I saw on MTS2.

I am a hamtard and dumbass because even though plenty of people in #grah saw Pescado gimme my new password, I NEVER CHANGED IT AFTERWARDS.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2010 January 14, 07:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is even better than what I saw on MTS2.

Unfortunately I'm blonde and blue-eyed, so you probably don't want it.
InsanePsychoRabbit
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2010 February 07, 17:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't download the part 2 rar for some reason. It keeps saying this:

"NOTICE: No servers are currently available with the requested data on them. Please retry your request in a moment"
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010 February 07, 21:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mixreality is on a bit of an Internet/simming break, last I heard from her, so she probably won't respond for a while. In the meantime, you might be interested in trying out my uberhood.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: 2010 March 11, 02:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spent the last week RL playing with this - but it's broken. Pity, it's a great idea, but maybe just too complicated to be properly implemented? There seem to be several versions out there.

Going back to playing with one of the set Hoods... at least there are Sims there with stories, that have lots that do not crash as soon as I load them. So tired of crashing. And I've tried everything, downloads, hacks removed, it has to be the megahood itself.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010 March 11, 06:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spent the last week RL playing with this - but it's broken. Pity, it's a great idea, but maybe just too complicated to be properly implemented? There seem to be several versions out there.

Going back to playing with one of the set Hoods... at least there are Sims there with stories, that have lots that do not crash as soon as I load them. So tired of crashing. And I've tried everything, downloads, hacks removed, it has to be the megahood itself.

Which version are you talking about, Mixreality's or mine?

Mine has been played by several people since Christmas without any reported problems.

(New download link here: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/36433.html)
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2010 March 11, 10:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one referenced in the first post here - because it is not clear which one to use, I assumed that was the right one... are you now telling me that is known not to work cos I coulda saved myself a great deal of frustration if I'd known... I did read right through the thread though.

Yours works? hmmm... do I want to start yet again? (of course I do - downloading Smiley )

I am grateful for all the work folk are doing on this but a bit more clarity for us poor downloaders might help....
« Last Edit: 2010 March 11, 10:53:57 by Sita » Logged

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010 March 11, 12:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about that - this is not actually my thread, it's Mixreality's, and my megahood is not the same as hers. I joined this thread to get advice on how to fix some things, and since Mixreality and others were enthusiastic about it, it just sort of ended up with me linking to my finished project in this thread. I suppose I should make my own thread on it...

The main difference between our 'hoods is this: Mixreality has cleaned up HP's merged neighbourhood, while I went the other way around, cleaning each individual neighbourhood before merging them all together myself.

Therefore it's possible that Mixreality's version contains more "garbage" from the various 'hoods than mine does. I've heard of others having problems with crashing lots and other minor issues in it. I haven't played with it or HP's version myself, though.

Mine has a known issue with Multi-PT hacks, but that's not related to the merging itself but rather to the Multi-PT hacks not always overwriting garbage DNA properly. There's a post about it and how to fix it on my LJ (under tag: clean uberhood).
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: 2010 March 12, 01:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well thanks anyhow, Tarlia, your mega-hood is working fine for me. Mixreality's one was indeed crashing for me, not on EVERY Lot, but about one in every 2 Sad with little rhyme or reason as to which. In fact it could crash on a Lot I had already played, not only a "new-to-play-this install" one, where you might expect there to be more wear and tear. Odd thing was, on the crashing lots, it was ALWAYS as the family was loading, when there are four squares lit up on the loading screen. At that point it would just hang eternally or simply crash - sometimes it locked up computer to the point of having to do a switch-off restart, but mostly just an error message that this application has crashed...
And yes, I think it would help if you were to make a new thread.... or just write in BIG LETTERS for the forum illiterates like me who expect things to be spelled out and are not used to trolling all the way through looong threads as MATY seems to expect.

I like this forum, there are so many clever folks here - but it seems to do things very differently from the rest of the Interwebs. (NOT a complaint, but a comment - maybe some here should be a leeetle more tolerant toward those of us used to the other style.)

airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2010 March 12, 02:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, that's where you're wrong.  When you go to visit a foreign country, you don't all expect the citizens to start speaking your language and adhering to your native culture.  It's the same for a forum you've never been to or been a part of.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2010 March 12, 07:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No use complaining to me, I have no power here, I just lurk around and join in here and there. Posting about my uberhood in this thread was not meant to make things difficult for people. My "home base" is on LJ and that's where I made my announcements. Joining in in this thread sort of happened along the way.

I do agree with airilina, the people here are under no obligation to change their ways for the foreigners, but that still has very little to do with this specific case.

I'm glad the uberhood works for you.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2010 March 12, 23:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Sita shrugs. So I'm a foreigner, no biggie, been one all my life.

I do appreciate the work that has gone into these Hoods, and specially Tarlia... the thing is, I would never have found your LJ without the link from here. And it was not clear (at least to me, but then I must speak a foreign language as well) from the discussion that the OP one was broken. At least it is clear now to anyone reading here after me, IF they read through this whole 8 pages...  Sad

haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2010 March 13, 03:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I VEHEMENTLY disagree with you, Sita, about thinking we should cater to YOU, I do agree that Tarlia should have created her own thread as opposed to hijacking mixreality's.

Perhaps hijack isn't an appropriate word since it appears she helped you out/y'all were on topic etc blah - whatever. The point is it seemed established towards the END of this thread that the DL was borked (after SO MUCH zomgifixedit's by mixreality) and instead of sensibly making a new thread, perhaps summing up the headaches here, you leave the alternative (of which you promote on this site enough) at the end of this thread which leaves n00bs and regulars alike frustrated. I understand your "base" is on teh Urinalz but if you're going to post it on MATY, you really should make your own thread, ESPECIALLY if you're going to recommend it so much.

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2010 March 13, 06:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Point well taken. I'll make a separate thread, and yes, I should have done that in the first place.

Sita, I didn't mean to offend, I was just sort of amused that I was suddenly a "scary MATY-ian" making things difficult for people. That was never my intention (and I've always been able to find things fine here).
« Last Edit: 2010 March 13, 07:06:48 by Tarlia » Logged
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: 2010 March 20, 01:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I speak Internet, obviously that isn't what is spoken hereabouts. I already said sorry for being a foreigner. Odd thing about MATY, everyone here has time to read through many many pages; not always an attractive option specially when a lot of it is insults. Not scarey, but silly and a little sad.

Tarlia I do appreciate your making a new thread. Much easier. And no you aren't a scary MATYer. there are plenty of those. And your Mega-Hood is working beautifully. I'm glad you did plug it.

Haifen, Urinalz? name of a mountain? Check Google Earth, I think you spelled it wrong. Mind you, you obviously don't see very well - are you aware that is a sheep on your lap?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: