More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:38:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Teen Curfew is a Crock!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Teen Curfew is a Crock!  (Read 9827 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Teen Curfew is a Crock!
« on: 2009 April 07, 15:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got tired of randomly trying to find a bf for one of my "12" girls, who seemed not to like anyone.  I was relying on a "meet new teen passerby and see if you like him in that special way" method.  This was not working.  I created a "teens only" club, limiting the customers to teens using the customer selector.  However, teens do not seem to frequent the place after about 11:00pm and any teens there at that time leave.  Either that or they walk onto the lot, and walk right off again.

I am assuming this is because the game wants teens to go to bed and sends townie teens home at a ridiculously early hour.  Is the "laterbedtimes" hack no longer valid?  I don't see it in the DC for AL anymore.

Also, is there a way of eliminating bedtimes for teens altogether?  If not, I suppose the club will have to open during daylight only, which is inconvenient.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 07, 15:56:37 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Teen Bedtimes Are a Crock!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 07, 15:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was never part of the DC, and the 12s have taken to all souping off at around 2100 or 2200, IIRC. There has never been an Awesomeware hack regarding that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 07, 15:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was never part of the DC, and the 12s have taken to all souping off at around 2100 or 2200, IIRC. There has never been an Awesomeware hack regarding that.

Ah.  It's the teen curfew thing.  Misread the RTFM for the old laterbedtimes hack.  Will try WCIF and google-fu.  Curfew makes a nightclub for teens almost completely pointless.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 07, 16:00:21 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 07, 16:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curfew makes a nightclub for teens almost completely pointless.

Who the hell lets their teenager hang out in a nightclub til the wee hours anyway?  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Teen Curfew is a Crock!
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 07, 17:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't any alcohol. I know the under-21 club my hometown got (conveniently after I was 21) was only open Friday and Saturday nights as a nightclub, and then was open until 1:00 AM. Of course, my hometown doesn't have curfew.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 07, 17:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I will try using TJ's visitor controller to lift the curfew.  In deference to Amber's sensibilities, I will certainly permit the townie parents of any of the townie teens to impose whatever individual curfew rules they wish.  If the townie teens show up and stay all night, one can only infer that this means their parents are fine with this.

As for the playable teens, they can stay at a community lot for several days, and still arrive home in time for lunch the day they left for the club, so in essence, they never spend any time out at all.

Tribulatio proxima est
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 07, 18:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be unrelated, but before I installed AL, I used to get a lot of kid outings; that is, a sim kid (child or toddler) would phone a playable asking for an outing. Upon arrival to the community lot, the kids would still stick around even into late hours of the night.

Sometimes, even a baby would be in the guest list, promptly erroring out of the cab.

In this state of grace, I could also invite teens into community lots (or spawn them directly), and they would also ignore their curfews, but only until 2am.

Undoubtedly caused by tight pants, this ability disappeared after installing AL and updating/cleaning my hacks folder. Now, I still have the occasional kid outing invite, but the little maggots immediately leave the outings at 7pm.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 07, 19:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I will try using TJ's visitor controller to lift the curfew.  In deference to Amber's sensibilities, I will certainly permit the townie parents of any of the townie teens to impose whatever individual curfew rules they wish.  If the townie teens show up and stay all night, one can only infer that this means their parents are fine with this.

Well, if they wind up with a bunch of delinquents on their hands, they'll have no one to blame but themselves.  Wink

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 08, 00:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the playable teens, they can stay at a community lot for several days, and still arrive home in time for lunch the day they left for the club, so in essence, they never spend any time out at all.

Note that twoJeffs' Visitor Controller doesn't consult "nouneededcoats" when Sims show up.  Given that I wanted my vampires, zombies, plantsims, and werewolves in the clothing I put them in at all times,  but I wanted Teen Sims to visit my Teen-Oriented businesses 24 hours a day, I wound up eliminating the season of winter from my neighborhood.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 08, 04:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use either customerselector (here) or the VC to set clothing. In the past, I used customerselector on an owned brothel to set the clothing choice to underwear. VC now has the option as well.

I don't do supes (except for aliens) but yeah...there's something wrong about a werewolf wearing a parka.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 08, 13:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that twoJeffs' Visitor Controller doesn't consult "nouneededcoats" when Sims show up. 

This doesn't bother me.  So far the coats are not a big problem, and I can use customerselector to set the "uniform".

...there's something wrong about a werewolf wearing a parka.

No, I don't think there is.  This is, after all, a game in which, left to her own devices, a sim witch will happily spend all day at the cauldron dressed only in a sheer negligee.  Compared to that, a werewolf doing the smustle in a parka is positively normal.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 08, 14:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spelling potion is a bitch to get out. You can't blame her for wanting to save her clothes from ruinination.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 April 08, 17:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that twoJeffs' Visitor Controller doesn't consult "nouneededcoats" when Sims show up. 

This doesn't bother me.  So far the coats are not a big problem, and I can use customerselector to set the "uniform".

It wasn't a problem for businesses, generally.   But I put Zombo the Clown in his clown costume for a reason. With the Visitor Controller, whenever he'd show up as a walkby to kick the trashcan or steal the newspaper during winter, he'd show up in a trenchcoat and a combover hairdo. I suppose i could have gone in and made outerwear that was identical to  his everyday wear (I did wind up doing that for Zombie Santa), but I also would have had to do it for my greaser-gangster, bobby-soxer, and punk vampires townies, as well as my beach-bum and soccer hooligan werewolves, and my tribal plantsims Given that at least some of them change outifts frequently,  eliminating winter wound up being the least-cumbersome way to pull it off.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 April 08, 18:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eliminating winter wound up being the least-cumbersome way to pull it off.

Just pretend the neighborhood is near the equator.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 April 08, 20:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eliminating winter wound up being the least-cumbersome way to pull it off.

Just pretend the neighborhood is near the equator.

Yeah, I have the same problem with a couple of houses I built in a "tropical" style - all open living rooms, outdoor corridors, etc.  Perfect for a pre-Seasons hood where the weather is clement all year round.  With Seasons, these houses are considerably less desirable unless I use them in a winterless hood.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 April 08, 20:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Protip: If you are running a 'hood with a double summer and have any sort of outdoor business, do not allow visitors access to a hot tub. It is suggested that you provide some sort of method for cooling down, like lemonade or a water wiggler. Been there, had the scorched pixels to prove it.

I currently have one 'hood with the traditional winter-spring-summer-fall (college in main), and one with summer-spring-spring-fall and a summer-summer-summer-spring college. I keep flirting with the idea of doing a metropolitan 'hood now that I have all of the 'hood deco by Criquette from MTS2 and tending it towards the cold, but if I do, something will be dropped. Probably the apocalypse. I still love Darlington Shores and all of the oppression hidden below layers of gilt.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: