More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:26:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Error on "Call to Meal"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error on "Call to Meal"  (Read 7737 times)
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Error on "Call to Meal"
« on: 2009 April 07, 15:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting errors when a Sim calls the family to eat.  Log attached.

I'm running with all EPs and most SPs and a large collection of JMP, TwoJeffs, Dizzy, and Inge hacks.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 07, 23:25:16 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Error on "Call to Meal"
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 07, 17:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The leaf pile and ACR don't play nicely; try removing the leaf pile sofa.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 07, 23:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really sure how that is relevant to this situation, since there is no reference to the leaf pile/ACR conflict. Jeffy is supposedly going to resolve this conflict anyway: He SHOULD! The Leaf Pile is a valid EAxis object, and hacks should never produce errors when confronted with any EAxis-based behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 07, 23:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miros, it seems like you have a lot of custom foods, try removing them and any CC default plates, then seeing if the error continues. If not, then use the 50/50 method to see which one is causing the error.

If it isn't your custom foods causing the problem, then have you any hacks relating to serving size or food in general, such as leftovers hacks?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 07, 23:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the code I have seen, the error you are getting is impossible, since line 1 of BHAV 0x47E is "Stack Object := Stack Object's Person Data 0x50, which is not able to error. This means you are not running standard EAxis code, and whatever is modifying 0x47E isn't something I have ever made, so once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 08, 01:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for looking.

I have a mental list of suspects (things with obvious stupid errors, so they've probably got subtle stupid errors too).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 08, 02:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you sweep your thing for hack conflicts and avoid mixing and matching hacks from different major manufacturers. As a rule, different hackers tend to have radically different views of how they want the game to behave, and mixing and matching willy-nilly will result in a game that behaves erratically.

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 08, 07:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really sure how that is relevant to this situation, since there is no reference to the leaf pile/ACR conflict. Jeffy is supposedly going to resolve this conflict anyway: He SHOULD! The Leaf Pile is a valid EAxis object, and hacks should never produce errors when confronted with any EAxis-based behavior.
The bit I was looking at was actually for a loveseat:
 Frame 6:
    Stack Object id: 322
    Stack Object name: Sofa - Loveseat - Park Bench (1,0)
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 8197 name 'Sofa - Animate - Get In' version -32759
    from SofaGlobals
    Prim state: 1101004801
The only hack I can think of that tries to make you 'get in' to a sofa is ACR, which the user has.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 09, 01:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you sweep your thing for hack conflicts and avoid mixing and matching hacks from different major manufacturers. As a rule, different hackers tend to have radically different views of how they want the game to behave, and mixing and matching willy-nilly will result in a game that behaves erratically.

Already did that.  Conflicts have been checked with the manufacturers or one of the offenders disabled.

The bit I was looking at was actually for a loveseat:
 Frame 6:
    Stack Object id: 322
    Stack Object name: Sofa - Loveseat - Park Bench (1,0)
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 8197 name 'Sofa - Animate - Get In' version -32759
    from SofaGlobals
    Prim state: 1101004801
The only hack I can think of that tries to make you 'get in' to a sofa is ACR, which the user has.

Assuming I attached the correct file, the situation resulting in the attached file involved a teen girl sitting on a maxis loveseat skilling under control of macrotastics (can't play without it) when her mother attempted to call the family for a meal together.  I also don't have the leaf pile sofa, although I do have ACR.  ACR should not have been active, because everyone but the mother was busy skilling, and she was cooking.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 09, 08:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry- my fault- I was looking at a leaf pile, not a leaf pile sofa! Put 2 and 2 together to make the wrong answer.  Angry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 10, 05:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have anything that calls to eat. In fact, you should just avoid doing that, because Call to Eat ignores tons of sanity checks, like whether or not a sim actually CAN eat the object without incurring damage, and a bunch of other factors

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 10, 06:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I ever use the 'call to eat' function is when I have a GC sim that wants others to eat the cheesy yumminess. I only ever use it on townie visitors anyway and I couldn't give a crap about them Tongue

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 April 10, 10:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a very useful command when I want the idiots (aka visitors) out of the hottub/chess table/billiard/etc. at once, without having to call over or shoo them one by one.
I call them to meal and then store the serving plate in the fridge. They arrive and then stand there baffled; it's funny.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 April 10, 10:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use it the way Marhis does - a mass "get yer butts over here" button when I have visitors to boss around. That, and when schmoozing with the Headmaster - he's too dim to eat on his own in my games.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 April 10, 12:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use it the way Marhis does - a mass "get yer butts over here" button when I have visitors to boss around. That, and when schmoozing with the Headmaster - he's too dim to eat on his own in my games.

You realize that if you don't click on the Headmaster and choose Entertain/Call to dinner, you don't get the food points, right?  Clicking on the dinner platter and choosing Call to meal/guests (or everyone) doesn't accomplish the same thing.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 April 10, 13:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooo you're right.

It's been ages since I've done a headmaster scenario and the two result in the same action so I assumed they were the same command, but you're absolutely right.

Meh. Ah well.  Cheesy At least Call to Meal is still useful for playing games of Visitor Rodeo.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 April 10, 14:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You realize that if you don't click on the Headmaster and choose Entertain/Call to dinner, you don't get the food points, right?  Clicking on the dinner platter and choosing Call to meal/guests (or everyone) doesn't accomplish the same thing.

Better to lose the meal points than to get zero points because you couldn't get the Headmaster out of the hot tub!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: