More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 04:20:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you edit memories?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you edit memories?  (Read 10303 times)
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
How do you edit memories?
« on: 2009 April 06, 16:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to erase the "First Kiss" memory on a sim. I accidentally clicked the option and didn't get a chance to take a picture. I am assuming that erasing the memory on both sims will make "first kiss" available again; also that modifying memories is safe and something you can do with limited technical knowledge and SimPE.

Officially Weird
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: How do you edit memories?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 06, 17:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can delete any memory that is 'visible' in the SimPE memory editor without problems.  I'm forever poking about with the memories.  I'm not sure whether the first kiss will be reset.  I think it will be but I've not actually done that myself.  Remember to delete the memory for first kiss for both sims involved.  I have a feeling (again not personally experienced) you will only get the little video if the sim initiating the kissing hasn't already had their first kiss.  You can delete the gossip memories too (in blue, in italics, invisible) but leave everything else alone unless you know what you're doing. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 06, 17:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm: the first kiss is reset; you actually need to delete the "had very first kiss with $subject" and all the "kissed $subject" memories for a proper reset. If you delete only the "first kiss" one, for instance, the sim will have the option to kiss as usual anyway, but the next one it will kiss will grant a new "first kiss" memory with him too.
The same happens with woohoo and first woohoo memories.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 06, 23:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the OP had his question answered, allow me to highjack this thread a little.  Does the cascade deletion does what I think it does?  If, let's say, I do a cascade delete of kissed $ubject, will it delete it for all the sims that share it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 07, 10:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Cascade" delete is a crude attempt to remove a memory and all its associated gossips.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 08, 09:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all you want is a picture of the kiss, you could use the all options cheat thingy.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 09, 23:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Cascade" delete is a crude attempt to remove a memory and all its associated gossips.

When you call it crude, I am correct to assume it does not work very well?  If so should it be avoided?
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 10, 07:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a good idea Gwill... of course now I'm determined to figure out how to do this properly...

I must be missing something because whenever I go in to try to edit memories I see nothing but blank memories and gossip. In-game, the sims' memories are just fine. I think SimPe mustn't be reading them right but for the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is.

Officially Weird
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 10, 10:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be missing something because whenever I go in to try to edit memories I see nothing but blank memories and gossip. In-game, the sims' memories are just fine. I think SimPe mustn't be reading them right but for the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is.

I think that's because you have a version of SimPE which is out of date for whatever your latest EP is.  I've had that when I've installed a new EP but not the new version of SimPE for the EP.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 11, 23:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My latest EP is Seasons... I just downloaded the latest version of SimPE and still get blank memories. Bleh.

Officially Weird
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 18, 04:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to bump this once to see if anybody has any ideas about why I might still be having problems with SimPe. If not, I'll just ignore the memories and cheat my First Kiss picture.

Officially Weird
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 18, 14:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Point taken.

*goes*

Officially Weird
eforrest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 30, 04:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, I hate memories.  I tend to get all OCD and freak out when a Sim gains an memory that doesn't fit my master plan. 
Sim PE's memory adjustor has always worked for me, though it's been a little wonky lately. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 30, 06:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in TS3, there are no memories, there is only Zuul.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: